Any PC sim racers here? iRacing etc

mattross1313

Those Thrustmaster wheels do look nice. Generally great reviews also. Would consider one if I didn't have a G27.

They are a good bit of kit. Originally got the TX as I used an XBone, but have since moved to PC. A colleague of mine has recently taken delivery of a whole host of Fanatec gear - V2 base, GT Rim, V3 pedals and V1.5 shifter. I am rather jealous :surrender:

Those Thrustmaster wheels do look nice. Generally great reviews also. Would consider one if I didn't have a G27.

They are a good bit of kit. Originally got the TX as I used an XBone, but have since moved to PC. A colleague of mine has recently taken delivery of a whole host of Fanatec gear - V2 base, GT Rim, V3 pedals and V1.5 shifter. I am rather jealous :surrender:

He must be very poor now but very happy :) I must admit, I'm considering the Fanatec stuff when my G27 dies. The thing is, even my G25 is still working perfectly so I have no hope of the G27 clonking out any time soon :)

Might just say sod it and get the Thrustmaster stuff so I can use it on Forza 6 as well as the PC. Really like the look of the T3PA Pro pedals, especially as they can be mounted upside down.

Edited by Linus27

T

He must be very poor now but very happy :) I must admit, I'm considering the Fanatec stuff when my G27 dies. The thing is, even my G25 is still working perfectly so I have no hope of the G27 clonking out any time soon :)

Might just say sod it and get the Thrustmaster stuff so I can use it on Forza 6 as well as the PC. Really like the look of the T3PA Pro pedals, especially as they can be mounted upside down.

If you like the Logitech stuff, Currys have their latest wheel which works with xbox one for £205 with the gear stick attachment (or £180 without) which seems good value: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/logitech-driving-force-g920-wheel-gearstick-bundle-10139462-pdt.html

Kunos has released plans for 2016 for Assetto Corsa and guess what, we are getting a Nissan 350z Nismo and a Skyline R34 GTR. So over the moon we are getting the 350z as its the car I have been asking for ever since the Nissan licence was announced a few years ago.

Full details on all future content is here.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/2015-and-beyond/

Awesome!! And the Supra & AE86 :)

I like AC but for some reason i get really weird feedback/vibration through the wheel when playing. I keep playing with the settings of the wheel but cant find a happy config just yet. But having a Z will make me put in more effort to get it right :)

Just caved and ordered the Fanatec SQ 1.5 shifter...should be here soon :)

So my TH8A Thrustmaster will be available in the near future of anyone is thinking of moving away from the paddles? Really adds to the immersion and being able to use H gate and Sequential is great. Let me know if you could be interested. I will check the box but think this supports consoles and PC.

If the price is right I'd be interested in your TH8A.

Will drop you a PM matey once I work out what prices they are going for and see if we can do a deal B)

Rig looks cool Simon. My colleague used to be into the flight sim side of things, I think he even had that same flight 'stick' thing :surrender:

Nice setup Linus :D

Day of mixed emotions here. My Fanatec SQ 1.5 shifter arrived from Germany.....

But it was package 1 of 2.

Package 2 of 2 (delivered this coming Monday) contains the USB cable required to connect said shifter to my Racing PC.

So all I seem to have over the weekend is a rather expensive paperweight :surrender:

But atleast I can spend some time getting it mounted to the rig etc ready for when the cable does arrive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shifter cable arrived quite promptly and was quickly all plugged in - what a beast it is! Such a great feel when shifting! I have been using it mostly in SQ mode but it is awesome.

I have also been busy re-wiring (and tidying), moved the button box up, and completed my dash mounting. Maid from some wood, carbon wrap and an old iPhone. Fits really nicely behind the wheel and gives a much clearer view of gearing and rev lights. With the triple screens you seem to cut off most off the dash due to the viewing angle. But this is a good fit.

Yep, I know the button box is mounted sideways, but it is far more accessible here than where it was before behind the shifter.

Getting into the GT3 series on iRacing ATM so if anyone on here is still active and fancies some practice sessions let me know and we can work something out. Always good to have some company.

01A14E68-8CDA-4649-9BC7-4481B40EDAC5.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wot no shifter pics :(

So how did you get the gear indicator etc onto the iPhone?

Sorry, I'm rather crap at uploading pictures lately of the rig. Will try and get some better ones soon.

I'm running an app on the iphone which connects to the PC over my home network. It picks up the signals from the game so I can see speed, revs, gear, fuel, oil etc etc. But for easy viewing I only display speed, gear and shift lights. Works really well for a free app I think its called 'Fast Dash' or something. It does have a large advert area on the screen at all times, but I have just stuck some vinyl over that area of the screen as it gets annoying!!

• Like 1

Does anyone here actively use iRacing at the moment? I have been in the GT3 series this season and March 12th is the 12 hours of Sebring (starting on a Sat at 14:00 UK time). I am looking to enter, but need a couple of drivers for a team. I'm not the quickest by any stretch of the imagination, but always liked enduro's. Current specs - iRating is around 1650~ with laps around 2:00:9xx

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will likely be stripping the rig down over the coming weeks if anyone is tempted by new shiny thing. I'll be keeping the PC and maybe screens, but rest will be sold on.

Have the TX1 wheel and pedals, T500 Pedals, 599 Alcantara rim, Fanatec 1.5 Shifter, DSD button box and fully adjustable custom rig build from 8020 with Recaro seat. Let me know if anything is of interest before they hit the sim forums and ebay etc :D