Nissan 370Z tuning with ECUTEK and bolt ons

Mark@Abbey m/s

Just an update on this.folks.

I had the 370 on the dyno at Abbey on Sat for its Ecutek tune.

Very happy with the service and Mark lent me a car so I could go and run an errand while it was being worked on.

A quick trip to the south coast and back and I had new front and rear disks picked up ready to go on next week.

Ill get the graphs up soon but the difference is noticable.

Its now running a lot leaner than it was with a hub output of 313.

This roughly equates to 353 ish at the fly taking the 40 loss through the drive train.

Pretty good gains for CA intakes, hfc, and exhaust,.over stock.

The better throttle response and higher torque output in the mid range really improve the pickup from 50 up in 3rd and 4th.

It now revs a lot easier and where before the throttle would not blip but was laggish its now sharp and on a par with the auto blip on down change.

Cheers Mark for a great service and great price.

Typo edit

Thanks for the kind words the Ecutek is a definite upgrade, the control and the ability to build

maps with RaceRom feature is just awesome.

The re-shaping of the throttle maps make a huge difference to throttle response as well.

We have tweaked the traction control and when you turn the factory ESP off it turns the EcuTek traction on with the maximum control that can be adjusted with the cruise control toggle.

Have fun trying the traction out.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the quick reply Mark, I have a tanabe medallion system, would I benefit from a map? Also do you have a rough cost?

The 370Z always benefit from a remap. as you dont have cruise I will reduce the ECUTEK remap to £402-00 inc vat from £499-00 inc vat.

thank

The 370Z always benefit from a remap. as you dont have cruise I will reduce the ECUTEK remap to £402-00 inc vat from £499-00 inc vat.

thank

Hi Mark, this is something I am looking at for later this year. I currently have the Gen3 intakes and Ark Grip exhaust. Will having stock cats on the car restrict the remap in any way? I hadn't originally planned on fitted HFCs or decats, mainly from a volume perspective. Thanks, Matt

• 2 months later...

thank

Hi Mark, this is something I am looking at for later this year. I currently have the Gen3 intakes and Ark Grip exhaust. Will having stock cats on the car restrict the remap in any way? I hadn't originally planned on fitted HFCs or decats, mainly from a volume perspective. Thanks, Matt

Hi, the main restriction will be the stock cats. The Stock Nissan Cats has 2 Cat bricks within the 1 casing.

Been tuning a lot of cars with ECUTEK lately remotely;

below is a datalog plot from a 37)Z fitted with bolt ons.

This is the 1st datalog , we have such good base maps for these car now we can tune your cars (370Z) very well without anytime on the dyno. Time on a dyno will improve the tune but if you cant get to us remote tuning will be a far better way forward than not tuning at all.

c68xIy.jpg

RED is target AFR BLUE/GREEN is logged Air fuel ratio and PURPLE is Bank #! air flow meter voltage

any questions ask away

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s