Introduction

Mibe

Thanks!

Ahh good to know, I'm 6'6 so that won't work then.. I guess another 350z it is then! Will have to try a Z4 soon. 

Altough with the roof down headroom isn't of much concern.. ;)

Edited by Mibe
  • Like 1

Haha yes that's what I thought but it's still sort of valid! 

I've actually never considered the 370 as they were quite a bit more expensive four years ago and I personally think the shape of the rear of the 350 is prettier. That being said there seem to be a couple for sale for a reasonable price so might take one for a drive to try it out! 

My first thought was a HR but I'm not sure if the newer engine and slightly higher revs are worth the insurance and tax premium. Will see if I can drive a HR and DE model back to back. 

313 hp vs 276 im sure theres a bit more poke at the top end. The HR gives a GT 370 a good run. Depends how content you are really. 

Some DE are coming of age now and rust might be an issue. But there are some well taken care of and sealed underneath. 

350 is somewhat forgiving on fuel. The 370s are thirstier but can be decent on the motorway on a long run

Hmm I see a case for the 370Z but if only looking at autotrader there's only four manual roadster 370z's, one of which is nearing 100k miles, for around 12-14k. That brings is quite close to a Boxster and even in the cheapest boxster S territory. 

I don't mind the 350Z starting to show age either and a well maintained one shouldn't be too problematic in terms of maintenance. I'm not buy in it as a car to drive daily so annual mileage shouldnt be too high.

I'll keep an eye out on the forum though as I suppose this is the best place to buy a car with known (sevice) history! 

Thanks for the input! Does help make me consider all options! 

2 hours ago, Mibe said:

Hmm I see a case for the 370Z but if only looking at autotrader there's only four manual roadster 370z's, one of which is nearing 100k miles, for around 12-14k. That brings is quite close to a Boxster and even in the cheapest boxster S territory. 

I don't mind the 350Z starting to show age either and a well maintained one shouldn't be too problematic in terms of maintenance. I'm not buy in it as a car to drive daily so annual mileage shouldnt be too high.

I'll keep an eye out on the forum though as I suppose this is the best place to buy a car with known (sevice) history! 

Keep your options open my zed could be for sale

IMG_20190629_100008.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mibe said:

To be fair if your heart is set on the 350 then it is set on the 350. It's interesting to see how polarising the 370 is. 

Roadsters are hard to come by, more so on the 370. 

You'll be sure to find a good 350 on the forum, most people here treat their cars better than most treat their partners/kids/loved ones haha. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Umster said:

To be fair if your heart is set on the 350 then it is set on the 350. It's interesting to see how polarising the 370 is. 

Roadsters are hard to come by, more so on the 370. 

You'll be sure to find a good 350 on the forum, most people here treat their cars better than most treat their partners/kids/loved ones haha. 

I would keep my zed in the house if it was possible, don't think it would go down well, but instead it sits on carpet in the garage:teeth:

• Haha 1

I've had my manual 370Z Roadster for 3 months now and I love it to bits, paid £13.5k with 44k miles on it(2011 model). It has an upgraded intake and exhaust which really adds to the experience(I can't believe how quiet they are as standard for a fairly large engine). 

I do think that a late 350Z Roadster offers better value for money though because the 370Z is still depreciating a fair bit, whereas the 350Z seems more static from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

@Umsterhaha yes I bet a lot of people on car forums do, at least I know some do on Clio and BMW forums;)

I've got to admit I've not driven either a 370 or a boxster so I might not even properly fit in either of them. My reasoning is solely based on prices, mileage and cost of ownership. 

@ShortPaullooks ace but I'm looking for a roadster!

@Lee370Zthat's what I think as well, but on the other hand if the car is worth it it's not so much of an issue. I expect the 370 prices to stabilise in the next couple of years as well and I think they'll always stay above the 350 prices.

Where did you find yours? 

How are people's experiences with gumtree cars? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mibe said:

@Lee370Zthat's what I think as well, but on the other hand if the car is worth it it's not so much of an issue. I expect the 370 prices to stabilise in the next couple of years as well and I think they'll always stay above the 350 prices.

Where did you find yours? 

I was originally looking to get back into a TVR but I wasn't quite brave/daft enough after my previous experience. I test drove a 350Z Roadster back in 2006 so I've always really liked them, and I had a S14a 200SX from 2002 to 2006 which I adored. 

I had a search in Auto Trader saved of both the 350Z/370Z and I noticed this one and the fact that it had a few little upgrades made it really appealing to me. It was for sale in S****horpe and I think that it had been for sale for a while, but I took it out and loved it, so I had to have it. :D

• Like 1

Ahhh I'd love a cooper green Chimaera but I'm not brave enough either altough my last three cars have been fairly high powered RWD cars.. More to do with the never ending question of will it start in the morning for a day out??  What was your experience? ;)

I'll save a search as well on autotrader with some specific wishes. 

Is it possible to 'watch' a thread on this forum? I'd like to get automatic updates on the zeds for sale thread if possible! 

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

I was originally looking to get back into a TVR but I wasn't quite brave/daft enough after my previous experience. I test drove a 350Z Roadster back in 2006 so I've always really liked them, and I had a S14a 200SX from 2002 to 2006 which I adored. 

I had a search in Auto Trader saved of both the 350Z/370Z and I noticed this one and the fact that it had a few little upgrades made it really appealing to me. It was for sale in S****horpe and I think that it had been for sale for a while, but I took it out and loved it, so I had to have it. :D

I think 370 price's will drop just as low as a 350 has, they  are both mass produced cars, imo the mk1 nismo is the only 370 that will hold its price

All cars come down in price and the 350z has bottomed out. Best time to buy. 

The 370Z is more fun and modern but comes at a price (fuel consumption and road tax). 

I'm trying to figure out how to put rear seats in so I can keep the beauty! Gutted that everyone else has had the problem but not figured it out :lol:

3 hours ago, Mibe said:

Ahhh I'd love a cooper green Chimaera but I'm not brave enough either altough my last three cars have been fairly high powered RWD cars.. More to do with the never ending question of will it start in the morning for a day out??  What was your experience? ;)

Agree! and I had a Cerbera 4.5 for 6 years and I absolutely loved it to bits in terms of noise/power to weight ratio/sense of occasion/performance...but it was a world of pain reliability wise and a massive wallet drainer sadly. 

I sold it 7 years ago and I thought that I was brave enough to dip my toe again on a Chimaera...but I bottled it because of their age now and the need to constantly fettle them. 

I do still love TVR's big time though and I still pop over to my local owners club every now and again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I think 370 price's will drop just as low as a 350 has, they  are both mass produced cars, imo the mk1 nismo is the only 370 that will hold its price

Agree with that. As with any car though it is better to just enjoy it and worry about the depreciation later I reckon. I've never made any money on cars annoyingly!! :bang:

3 hours ago, Umster said:

The 370Z is more fun and modern but comes at a price (fuel consumption and road tax). 

The road tax is a stinker and I do get a bit frustrated paying £575 for a car without a V8 engine and massive performance(compared to other cars in the same banding). :(

The roadtax on post 17 370Z are £140 lol. 

There have been low mileage 370Z Convertibles sat on Autotrader for few weeks in the past worth waiting for one to come up. Right now they are probably going very quickly. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The roadtax on post 17 370Z are £140 lol. 

Not on the Roadster though because they stopped selling them in the UK way before 2017. ;)

The Coupe is much better looking though for sure...because you can still buy that. B)

Yeah the road tax isn't great.. I pay 150 a year for my BMW but that does 40 mpg on the motorway if I try! ;)

@GranTurismoEraI bet they go quickly now in summer, best time to buy is end of the year I suppose. I bought my previous 350 in December! 

@Lee370Zhmm a Cerbera, nice! I think the roadsters aren't too bad looking, but only with the roof down! Roof up looks funny, but a lot of roadsters/convertibles look a bit out of place with the roof up.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mibe said:

Yeah the road tax isn't great.. I pay 150 a year for my BMW but that does 40 mpg on the motorway if I try! ;)

@Lee370Zhmm a Cerbera, nice! I think the roadsters aren't too bad looking, but only with the roof down! Roof up looks funny, but a lot of roadsters/convertibles look a bit out of place with the roof up.. 

Yes and I've got a Mini Cooper S where the tax is a similar price to your BMW and that is doing 40 mpg too...so it makes the 370 seem pretty expensive to tax and fuel!! 

Thanks. :thumbs:

Yes and I love the looks of the 370 with the roof down as well B)

I've never been much of a fan of a fabric top when up either, and I prefer a folding metal top in that regard because they can look a little bit more like a Coupe roof up. 

Winter is the best time and prices are usually lower. Some dealers are forced to lower their prices with cars sitting on their lot for weeks to months.

There was a mk1 Nismo with 72,000 miles for 17k sat for 6 months through winter as well as a 370z convertible that was 7 months. I dont think dealers make quick money of these. Most are taken in part exchange probably. 

Some do get lucky like my old car sold the same weekend it was put up for the same price i bought it 14k miles earlier lol

If you can wait its only 3-4 months. Or just keep looking, summers practically over in 4-8 weeks!