The Caravan Catcher v3.0 (370z) - MY17 Nismo!

mattross1313

Thanks gents, I still don't think it's sunk in yet!

Don't know what you mean, I'm an excellent secret keeper :lol:

Congratulations on the purchase! Same as mine :teeth: how come your Nismo has the front wheel arch extensions missing? or is that something they've taken off the new 17 model year?

No, they still come with the arch extensions. But whilst getting some other work done on the car (update to follow) I started removing them. Still need to take the rears off. I don't like the look of them, much cleaner removed IMO.

Edited by mattross1313

Don't know you mean, I'm an excellent secret keeper :lol:

Congratulations on the purchase! Same as mine :teeth: how come your Nismo has the front wheel arch extensions missing? or is that something they've taken off the new 17 model year?

No, they still come with the arch extensions. But whilst getting some other work done on the car (update to follow) I started removing them. Still need to take the rears off. I don't like the look of them, much cleaner removed IMO.

You dropping in this weekend to show her off then mate?????

Don't know you mean, I'm an excellent secret keeper :lol:

You dropping in this weekend to show her off then mate?????

I was going to on Saturday, Bob said there was a few people round. But I may not have time as sorting the car in the morning. Shame really as I was going to bring my decats with me and ask you nicely for some spanner time :lol:

But will definitely be around soon :D

No worries mate,

If you want to do the decats Saturday is the Day as the Radical is out of the garage so Jon and Bob can get on the ramps - Radical will be going back in Sunday so no Ramps again for a while :(

So to follow on after the excitement of yesterday...

The car was delivered to the dealership Dec 23rd but I decided to hold out on registration so I could make it a 2017 car. Not a big deal, but figured for the sake of a week or so it might (doubt it) make it better for future sale. My OH works at the local dealership so I was allowed access to the car prior to registration, and dropped it off at a local car wrapping place my friend owns.

The car was PDI'd over the Christmas break ready for reg'ing early Jan. During this time the valet team found a small mark on the rear bumper. Not the end of the world - it was a small mark but did go through the paint. So we were arranging for this to get repaired by Nissan / the dealership. Pic below.

D7702C9F-6D4A-48B9-B40E-1802C8D33310.jpg

We then took the car down to get wrapped and in prep for this I started taking bits off the car (Side indicators, front number plate etc). This was partly to make the wrappers life easier, and partly as I wanted to tinker with the car!

During PDI the mechanic fitted my number plates....nothing exciting there I hear you cry.....

The front number plate was held on with double sided tape (good) and two small screws. The screws used were rather long and went through the number plate, into the plastic 'brick', then INTO the front bumper! So when I took the front plate off I was greeted by two holes! This was super frustrating as it could have easily been avoided. Pic below.

35CF6DD0-82B1-4F05-A923-D4C3EAE3B6ED.jpg

Luckily the dealership didn't make any fuss and fixed both issues in good time for my handover. So fair play to them. I think they also now only use double sided tape for front plates to stop this happening again.

So with the paint repairs complete the car dropped back to the wrapper. The tasks for the wrap team were as follows:

- Paint Protection Film (Front bumper, Wings, Bonnet and Roof) - stone chips be gone! (Hopefully)

- Full window tints (dark backs, light fronts)

- Gloss black A pillars (GTR Style)

Resulting in this

E78B155D-0FE1-47B8-B779-4D738BC40D9C.jpg

• Like 6

looking nice,how are you going to mount front number plate,will you get a smaller one and stick it on or what? :thumbs:

For the moment I've re-fitted the UK size plastic 'brick' and put the normal UK plate back on (no screws this time!! only sticky tape).

I have just received a US size front plate for the Nismo which I may fit full time, or just for shows.

Whilst the car was down at the unit for wrapping, it gave me some tinker time. First order of business was to make at start removing the arch trims. It was a pretty scary feeling taking a drill to something I didn't even own at the time but it works out fine (more luck than judgement). The wheel arch trims are held on with sticky tape on the wing face, then 3 clips and 2 rivets. Relatively easy going. I still have the backs to remove, but going to run them for now as I'm not sure if I like it with just the fronts fitted. Gives the rear a wider track.

38775BA4-B0BB-4C92-840C-FAF7F67AFA70.jpg

02587D8A-63D1-45E1-9B10-A027001759D7.jpg

0FAFBFDF-83B4-4086-926E-353CC4D4CCD3.jpg

Also took care of the standard mod for a 370z - fit the GTR Start button. I loved how this looked on my old Z, but with the red Nismo surround it really sets off the interior. Plus having an extra 50bhp from the start button is always a bonus :lol:

CD7812AD-23AF-4BEF-9C1D-7A5CBF323300.jpg

Beautiful looking car. I also took the front number plate holder off and put a slightly narrower plate on screwing the plate directly into the existing, metal reinforced holes. Removing the ugly front holder really tidies up the grill area and reveals the grill line.

I am already looking forward to reading about your upgrades :-)

Beautiful looking car. I also took the front number plate holder off and put a slightly narrower plate on screwing the plate directly into the existing, metal reinforced holes. Removing the ugly front holder really tidies up the grill area and reveals the grill line.

I am already looking forward to reading about your upgrades :-)

Thanks dude! That's not a bad idea putting the plate slightly lower, will try that too when I get the parts made up :)