The Caravan Catcher v3.0 (370z) - MY17 Nismo!

mattross1313

First mod done over the weekend, and only took about 2 minutes which was a bonus.

My GTR Start button finally arrived from the US. Very easy mod to install but really improves the look & feel of the cabin.......and adds atleast 30bhp, right??

I prefer the button when driving at night as only the text illuminates, as opposed to the whole button in stock form, which I think is more in keeping with the rest of the interior (IE just the text being illuminated, not the button).

7E544014-B673-4723-BA82-E0F1801778DC.jpg

Edited by mattross1313

• 4 weeks later...

This totally passed me by.

Nice one Matt. Enjoy.

Cheers Flex. I'll let you off what with all the Skyline excitement of late. Hope your enjoying it :)

I'm enjoying looking at it but that's about all right now :lol:

• Like 1

Nice zed bro!

So much of an upgrade to the 50 isnt't it :)

Thanks dude.

Yeah I'm really glad I pushed the boat out as I was almost set on getting a HR. It's a lovely upgrade!!

Your latest project is looking sweet dude! Always liked your 350 but your 370 is pretty special now!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hopefully get a couple of mods started over the summer - no money at the moment!

Well this didn't last long! Got my first few mods in the living room ready to be fitted next weekend. Have made a start on upgrading the bulbs to LEDs - have front sidelights, and rear number plate bulbs so far. Bought from eBay and apparently should be a colour match for Xenons.....time will tell. eBay has also provided me with a grommet to remove the rear washer nossle :)

Buster kindly pointed me in the direction or 4 x25mm wheel spacers from a local chap, which I collected this week. Should be just the ticket :)

• Like 1

You will still be over taken by a caravan :p Look forward to catching up and seeing this in the flesh Matt :thumbs:

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm sure I will always be tormented by caravans! :lol:Be good to catch up soon dude

poor selection of words ... :lol:;)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm sure I will always be tormented by caravans! :lol:Be good to catch up soon dude

poor selection of words ... :lol:;)

AFAIK Humpy doesn't have a caravan, so I would have more of a chance of catching up to him. If there was a caravan then I wouldn't have the speed :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bit slow on the update side here lately. But I am slowly stock piling / ordering parts up ready for show season. Either pending delivery, or at sat home in the living room I have the below ready for fitting.

Hopefully I can get this bundle fitted in time for Japfest -

• COB LED side lights, and number plate bulbs
  • Chrome Z badges - front and back
  • Rear washer nozzle delete
  • 4 x 25mm wheel spacers
  • Eibach lowering springs

Most recent mod, no pics though, is the facelift Z Shed Sticker :D

Quick pic below from the weekend. I went out with the GoPro to capture some exhaust noises as I am toying with an upgrade. Still working on the video, but got this pic at the same time. Looks so good in the sun!

D925BCBB-62DA-4F0E-9C04-ECE2A15CFD3E.jpg

• Like 1

Japfest prep got underway last night! A friend helped me out (well, he did most of it, I watched) with fitting my lowering springs and spacers. Went for Eibach lowering springs (25mm) all round, and 25mm spacers all round. Car looked low enough when we dropped it down off the axle stands, now after 30 miles it has settled even lower :surrender:

Looks awesome, but I am already questioning how long the front chin spoiler will last! it catches on EVERYTHING :lol:

Quick pics on the way to work today, will get better ones once she is clean :D

2496DCA7-5190-4FC3-804F-FC3C65B8E322.jpg

8B019822-3DCB-46B0-8216-1227C998A00F.jpg

5F148051-24E2-4DA3-9BB0-AA033AC270ED.jpg

• Like 1

car looks great! as discussed, the parts scraping will be the plastic strip in front of both of the wheels. you can unscrew these quite easily. next instead of removing the chin spoiler, i just sanded it down at the high spots. it ends up sanding itself down anyways when you rub lol!

on another note do you have high flow cats or just stock cats? any drone with your exhaust? i have same exhaust with HFC and I'm getting a lot of drone. might be the HFC though so gonna go back to stock cats and see how it sounds

car looks great! as discussed, the parts scraping will be the plastic strip in front of both of the wheels. you can unscrew these quite easily. next instead of removing the chin spoiler, i just sanded it down at the high spots. it ends up sanding itself down anyways when you rub lol!

Thanks mate :D Yeah i read somewhere about the wind deflectors infront of the wheels catching on things, might shave them down a little to reduce the scraping. Smoothing the high spots off the splitter is a good shout too.

on another note do you have high flow cats or just stock cats? any drone with your exhaust? i have same exhaust with HFC and I'm getting a lot of drone. might be the HFC though so gonna go back to stock cats and see how it sounds

Nope, I'm on stock cats and Ark CBE. On a run there is no drove, it is generally a good volume. I find it loud on cold start up I think due to the pre-cat warm up or whatever. Also loud when you give it a boot full. I'm trying to get some videos sorted at some point so will drop you a link when I get around to it :D