The Caravan Catcher v3.0 (370z) - MY17 Nismo!

mattross1313

Evening Folks.

Been a while since I was last posting on here (especially in this section of the forum) - I sold my 350z at the end of last summer to help fund the purchase of our first house. In the meantime I got myself a '95 MR2 as a daily (which is now for sale). We bought the house earlier this year, so with that business taken care of it was time to start car shopping again!! I had many cars on the list, but after driving them all I came back to Z's. After originally looking for an 07/08 HR 350z, the opportunity came to purchase a 370z for a great price! So here we are B)

My old 350Z, just because I like looking at it.

41022d35-3260-4564-9749-afa6380702ca.jpg

First up - big thanks to Nick (Suits) for being a top bloke. Taxi'ing us to & from the station when viewing the car, answering my many questions and for taking good car of this awesome car. The car was originally owned by Nissan Motorline (HPI shows a reg plate of N10SSN which is neat). I am now the proud owner of a 59 plate LeMans Blue 370Z GT Spec with all the usual trimmings. Car has full service history with only 35k miles on the clock. I have only had a limited drive so far in the dark but it is fantastic - really responsive, great feel through the wheel and the rev match won't get old ANY time soon!! Also, I just can't get enough of this colour!!

Car currently has 2 mods fitted, which are both quality items and put me in good sted for a potential remap in the future.

• Stillen Gen 3 Intakes
  • Ark Grip Exhaust - which is awesome!!

It's dark out, so I have shamelessly taken a couple of pictures from Suits' project thread - just so I can get things started :D This will be a pretty slow going project thread but somewhere I can document my progress with the car. At the moment I am not planning on doing too many mods to this one, and just want to enjoy it. But initial thoughts mods are

• 25mm spacers all round
  • Lower - maybe 20-30mm
  • Tint windows
  • GTR starter button
  • Rear diffuser
  • Refurb alloys

Topside.jpg

Interior.jpg

FrontSide.jpg

photo3.jpg

intake.jpg

Edited by mattross1313
  • Like 5

Welcome back Matt!!! Great news and hopefully see you down the zed shed again.

I get a feeling lots of people were interested in Suits car as it was a great deal to be had with those mods.

Catch up soon gringo!

• Like 1

Thanks all :)

Haven't been able to drive her much over the weekend as had things going on, but I did manage to sell the MR2 today- which is good!

Niki- yep, the exhaust is a wonderful piece of kit I'm sure you'll agree! A little loud on cold start, but that soon settles down.

Nice things I've noticed from the drive home on Friday

- rev match on downshift is still awesome, and grin everytime!!

- needle sweep on start up is a nice touch

- triple blink on the indicator, only a small feature but great when cruising on motorway

- the volume on the stereo doesn't have numbers. This might not seem a big deal for most, but my OCD finds this wonderful as I have to set things to even numbers( where present). So not having to worry about that is a welcome change :) will be good when the misses is in the car as she likes putting the volume at 9 etc, just to wind me up.

Have a work trip tomorrow which will allow me 4 hours or so get to know the car a little more :) might take the scenic route home!

• Like 2

So, 6 days into my ownership I figured it was time to make a start and get the first mod ordered. I think this will make a satisfying difference to the interior, plus add at least 30bhp? Hopefully this will arrive soon so I can start fettling. Just need to work out a plan for what else I plan on doing to her.

Oh, and also need to give her a name but struggling so far. All my other cars had names.

p1070304.jpg