whats the limit of the drive train on the 370z

nissanman312

Ok somthing has come up which would possibly see a 370z running 600bhp and around the 500 tourqe mark

i cant say what it is just yet i will report back when i get some more details

But apart from the obvious fact the engine would need building and also a strong clutch

my question is would this power destroy the standard manual box / prop shaft/drive shafts etc etc?

Edited by nissanman312

I am running more power and torque than that, and I am still on the oem box, prop and drive shafts on my 2005 DE 350.

Thats good to hear yours is a twin turbo isnt it alex?

so you think the 370 drive train would be good for it ?

Edited by nissanman312

I am running more power and torque than that, and I am still on the oem box, prop and drive shafts on my 2005 DE 350.

Thats good to hear yours is a twin turbo isnt it alex?

so you think the 370 drive train would be good for it ?

Yes TT and all track use. :drive1

• Like 1

I would think that launching it that will kill the drivetrain . I used to see lots of 500hp+ Skylines run quite happily on the track and road for years and break a diff first time on the drag strip, same with Evo's

A little mechanical sympathy will go a long way

I would think that launching it that will kill the drivetrain . I used to see lots of 500hp+ Skylines run quite happily on the track and road for years and break a diff first time on the drag strip, same with Evo's

A little mechanical sympathy will go a long way

I can't imagine launching a standard car dose it any good

I'm always rolling well before mine gets the boot

launching a car from a standard start is indeed a killer... strange that car performance is based so heavily on it, when actually getting a 0-60 time of 3.6 seconds or whatever will likely kill the drivetrain after a few attempts.

As you say, far better to get it rolling and get the clutch fully engaged before giving it a bootful!