Clutch problems

Kharmon

Had similar issues with the clutch on my GT Edition.

Travel at 70+ for any prolonged period of time and the clutch has no feeling for around 60% of the travel and the remaining 40% feels normal. Lower the speed and it goes back to normal.

Going to take it to the stealers and see what they say.

• Like 1

Travel at 70+ for any prolonged period of time and the clutch has no feeling for around 60% of the travel and the remaining 40% feels normal. Lower the speed and it goes back to normal.

Keep us posted on what they say be interesting to see how they treat you probably try and fob you off like the rest of us 😄 good luck though

Car is still under warranty too.

Tbh im not impressed with nissan at all im starting to fall out of love with the car after 5months of ownership! The boot no longer opens as it should have to press the button twice whilst pulling it past the latch . one of my front day time lights is full of condensation and yeah they still have no answer on the clutch !

Sorry to hear about your issues (clutch / boot / DRL) :(

Just wanted to chime in concerning Westway Nissan in Aldershot. I wasn't really impressed with their service either. I'm not mechanically minded so had a few things I wanted them to look into - a squeaky aux belt, rear window cleaner jet not working and a super high biting point (although no slippage). They called me later that day to talked me through the jet and clutch, but didn't even mention the aux belt although I'd made it clear that was the main thing I wanted addressed.

Plus their website says all their used cars come with a 12 month warranty. When I asked them if any of the costs were covered on that they turned around and told me it's out of warranty as I only get 6 months warranty as my car is over X years old (this was about 7 months after I purchased). I dunno... I saw the 12 months thing on their website prior to purchase so didn't even think to question it. I feel they should have told me prior to the sale if my car was an exception.

Sorry, I'm rambling on. Long story short, I share your dissatisfaction and wouldn't trust them with your zed.

• Like 1

I have always found martins Nissan in Winchester to be very very helpful . Might be worth a phone call / trip to them ?

I'd would be going ape if I'd bought a new car and the clutch went at that sort of mileage !!!

Hi mate is this one a high performance centre ? Ive been told the 370z can only go to one of these ? Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

When I lived in Epsom I used Motorline in Tunbridge Wells while the 370 was under warranty - and found their service/helpfulness excellent. Even when I was concerned about my gearbox at the end of the warranty period they got their GTR technician to test it with me and he agreed there was an abnormal noise. When I was told they had reported the issue to Nissan the initial instruction was to strip the box but having taken advice on here Motorline had no issue with challenging Nissan that their customer (and they agreed with me without hesitation) and they felt a new box should be provided, which Nissan agreed to.

Now I know yours is a different issue but I am fairly sure that Nissan will be more accommodating to those HPC centres who they see are resolving customers issues so that public feedback is good. I also have to say that I found the reception manager Ian (not sure if he is still there) very fair in all respects. So the hour + journey to TW for me was well worth the effort and invariably they had a 370 loan car to use --- sadly no GTRs though :lol:

As others have said, 6.5k miles is nothing and when I know over 12k of the 22k+ miles done when I sold it was done in my 370 on 'spirited' drives that have been organized on here in years past - many in Wales and Scotland, my clutch was absolutely fine on the day it was sold and as far as I know is still going strong.

If you want any more detail just pm me ;)

The clutch slave issues have never been fully sorted on the 370 and continue to fail and its possibly been a factor in the OP's case causing the plate to wear prematurely

What happens with your car is that the cats get very hot in use and this heats the fluid in the pipe that supplies the slave cylinder, you can help this by wrapping the line with heat shield and replacing the fluid for something like Motul RBF600, there is a company in the US that sells an uprated clutch slave cylinder that is said to be a big improvement

• Like 1

Appreciate all the help i can get .

I got of the phone with nissan uk this morning and the garage has told them they wont replace it as the car has been modified so they are blaming the mods which is a invidia cbe ,berk hfc ,silicone post maf tube and k&n drop ins with a uprev to top it off. I have told them their is know way that addds enough power to wear the cluch as fast as it has and went on a rant saying im going to go through it with a solicitor and if needed take them to a claims court . NISSAN UK has responded to this saying they will go through it with the garage and get back to me tomorrow . any advice ?

Ps sorry to hear everyone elses problems this garage definatly needs to take a good look at their self !

Ah, the risk of modding a car in warranty. To be fair they're correct to refuse the claim, however what you need is a simple report from an expert garage to say that there is no way that the damage to the clutch could have been caused by the power increase. That may well swing things in your favour.

HOWEVER, if Nissan do defend this claim in court then I would not be taking it that far. It's highly likely they'll be able to baffle a judge more than you will, and your mods will not go in your favour. At that point, if court looks likely, just get it fixed yourself as it'll be cheaper and much less stress. A pragmatic approach, if you will.

• Like 1

Ah, the risk of modding a car in warranty. To be fair they're correct to refuse the claim, however what you need is a simple report from an expert garage to say that there is no way that the damage to the clutch could have been caused by the power increase. That may well swing things in your favour.

HOWEVER, if Nissan do defend this claim in court then I would not be taking it that far. It's highly likely they'll be able to baffle a judge more than you will, and your mods will not go in your favour. At that point, if court looks likely, just get it fixed yourself as it'll be cheaper and much less stress. A pragmatic approach, if you will.

Yeah i fully agree i was just using court as a threat i wouldnt mind a upgraded cluch and fly anyway but if i can get it repaired for free buy nissan for the time been its worth pushing for . Thanks

I have always found martins Nissan in Winchester to be very very helpful . Might be worth a phone call / trip to them ?

I'd would be going ape if I'd bought a new car and the clutch went at that sort of mileage !!!

Hi mate is this one a high performance centre ? Ive been told the 370z can only go to one of these ? Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

When I lived in Epsom I used Motorline in Tunbridge Wells while the 370 was under warranty - and found their service/helpfulness excellent. Even when I was concerned about my gearbox at the end of the warranty period they got their GTR technician to test it with me and he agreed there was an abnormal noise. When I was told they had reported the issue to Nissan the initial instruction was to strip the box but having taken advice on here Motorline had no issue with challenging Nissan that their customer (and they agreed with me without hesitation) and they felt a new box should be provided, which Nissan agreed to.

Now I know yours is a different issue but I am fairly sure that Nissan will be more accommodating to those HPC centres who they see are resolving customers issues so that public feedback is good. I also have to say that I found the reception manager Ian (not sure if he is still there) very fair in all respects. So the hour + journey to TW for me was well worth the effort and invariably they had a 370 loan car to use --- sadly no GTRs though :lol:

As others have said, 6.5k miles is nothing and when I know over 12k of the 22k+ miles done when I sold it was done in my 370 on 'spirited' drives that have been organized on here in years past - many in Wales and Scotland, my clutch was absolutely fine on the day it was sold and as far as I know is still going strong.

If you want any more detail just pm me ;)

Thanks dude I but think my chances are slim of getting it done because of the mods :/ pretty much bent over a barrel haha . One thing for sure is i wont ever be purchasing a nissan again or returning to that garage in the future(Their goes the dream of owning a gtr) my old car a vw scirocco had all sorts done to it and vw never hesitated to replace parts under warranty even to the point where my after market hids at the time got so hot they cracked the headlights which vw replaced haha.

Thanks dude I but think my chances are slim of getting it done because of the mods :/ pretty much bent over a barrel haha .

I had a Stillen exhaust fitted and an uprev and that did not affect the warranty - that 'issue' is only likely to have an impact if (say) the exhaust directly caused a failure.

As I say, much depends upon the garage concerned and by all means mention this forum/my name at Motorline if you want to give them a try - I'm just sad to hear you have been put off by not the greatest aftercare experience as the 370 was the best car I ever owned for sheer driving pleasure.

Thanks dude I but think my chances are slim of getting it done because of the mods :/ pretty much bent over a barrel haha .

I had a Stillen exhaust fitted and an uprev and that did not affect the warranty - that 'issue' is only likely to have an impact if (say) the exhaust directly caused a failure.

As I say, much depends upon the garage concerned and by all means mention this forum/my name at Motorline if you want to give them a try - I'm just sad to hear you have been put off by not the greatest aftercare experience as the 370 was the best car I ever owned for sheer driving pleasure.

Must be this garage then i dont think they liked me from the off as i waited 5 weeks for the illuminated door sills and car matts which i kicked off about as they where supposed to be fitted when my car was ready lol .so they probably dont want to help . Dont get me wrong though im over the moon with the car! aside from the bad bits. I might mention that you had parts replaced with similar mods if you dont mind ? That would be great thanks dude

I will be from now on just have to find the next closest hpc i suppose

I'll even drive it there if you ask nicely :lol:

http://www.motorline.co.uk/nissan/Find-Us/Motorline-Nissan-TunbridgeWells/104806/DealershipDetails.aspx

Deal haha sat nav says its 1hr 6mins from me which isnt to bad i might give them a call tomorrow thanks dude

Nissan have said that the clutch fluid requires replacing £61.

Not over the moon paying for it especially having owned the car for only 9 months. Nissan and customer care are refusing to though.

I appreciate its a consumable as such but I bought the car with 7k and its now done 14k and that's tame driving.

Apparently the fluid is black (not sure if that's due to the seals). Stuart from customer care said it could have happened with a previous owner to which i responded well i bought the car from the dealer under the cared4 plan to protect me from this sort of thing. He wasnt interested in the slightest.

Not impressed.

Apparently the fluid is black (not sure if that's due to the seals). Stuart from customer care said it could have happened with a previous owner to which i responded well i bought the car from the dealer under the cared4 plan to protect me from this sort of thing. He wasnt interested in the slightest.

Not impressed.

That the usually they sell you all these protection packs telling you how good the car is service is and that youll have trouble free motoring (which is what you exspect) then soon as they have your money they dont want to know .