Automatic Folding Mirrors for 370?

Scottish_Zed

I've had my Zed for about 6 months now, and have noticed occasionally that the mirrors seem as if they are attempting to fold outwards when I start the car. They have never folded in the way, but I was wondering if they should have, and perhaps this was something that I haven't been anywhere of.

Can anyone confirm if they should have been? And this is something I need to get fixed?

The folding mirrors is an additional mod which Flyboy ( Martin ) makes the kits for. They are simple to fit and come with a good set of instructions how to fit.

Maybe yours has had this fitted in the past and one of the wires has come off.

If you remove the window switches in the driver door and can see some extra wiring that has been added, then you probably have it.

When I was looking at doing a kit for the 370 I found that the GTR has gone back to the principles of the 350 with a set of relays and timers to control the movement.

That's why its possible on the GTR .

On the 370 coded signals are running up and down a 2 wire control loom back and forth to the bcm.

I cant hack this to do a mirror mod :surrender:

I took out a bunch of fuses when trying and nearly had a big repair bill on my car. :scare:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, has there been any progress on this? I have a 2017 370z Nismo. I always want to good my mirrors, however if I press the button before switching off the car then I can't see if there are cars coming before I open the door. Big bug bear.  My nissan Micra courtesy car had auto folding mirrors. Embarrassing.

• 2 months later...

Spoke to Nissan about this today (Parts Department) and was told this is something that should be programmable from the Key/Ecu Menus.   At least it was on his 2013 Qashqui, I was told to consult the user manual and then if it looks likely book it into the service dept.  I looked at the manual and it does mention Remote fold, but says ignition must be on or ACC so doesn't make sense on how that is remote lol!

I have the car booked in for other stuff on Friday next week so will ask then.  I mean the new micra has them FFS!

I Also had a look at this http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/312473-folding-mirror-kit-group-buy-3.html and called the guy who deals with it, his name is Sly Kaiser, he said he doesn't do one for a 370z but is sure he could make it work if he had a car.

Any volunteers in Kent??

Let me check with Nissan on Friday (if its something configurable and easy), however, i have a feeling it won't be that simple if the newer GTR's don't have it.  If this is not an option then lets pursue the option above. its not cheap, but i think worth it.

• 1 year later...

Just picking up on this old topic.

Can anyone explain why exactly the auto fold mirrors widget (Flyboy etc) that works so well on the 350z doesn't function on the 370z. I know it's to do with the CANBUS system, which I've read a bit about but still can't see why it couldn't be made to work.

I have a suitable ebay widget boxt that I got when the Flyboy sets weren't available last summer, but before I waste my time I wanted to ask the wise about it.

Thanks