What air-intake systems are people running?

jamess115

Hi People, Not posted on here for a while & just looking for some advice on getting a 'little' more hp (apart from FI) from the Zed. I purchased a Fujita short ram induction system a while ago and although it sounds nice, its really giving me nothing performance wise. This has not come as a surprise but I do think I was getting more from my original OEM kit before I sold it. Perhaps panel filters are better? Anyway, I think its time for a change - just wondering what others are running on their cars?

Still makes me chuckle to see this sort of post, IE people fitting so called performance mods and wondering why they don't see any gain on the VQ/HR series, is there not a sticky somewhere outlining what works and whats needed to make mods work? or is it just a case of people not reading it or searching?

• 3 months later...

I have the Takeda short ram (single, DE) which isn't short at all, by the way.

Sounds absolutely fantastic under load, an almost American V8 BRRRRRR suddenly emerges from under the bonnet when you push the go pedal. Revs don't even matter, if your foot's down it really bellows.

I'm not gunna say I notice any difference with performance, but that's not what I bought it for. The screaming silly noises are half the fun of a car like this, the motor only needs to be *fast enough* that you don't look a plonker while making them IMO.

When I removed a cheap induction system from mine I did notice a difference in throttle reposnce. Installed a d1 throttle controller but still not quite the same

Same, couple weeks ago i removed my hard pipe intake and Simota WAI and noticed a lost in throttle response. im not going to notice 5bhp either way at 6500rpm however thus far on mine, the WAI felt better to drive with and of course sounded amazing.

David

Edited by davey_83

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my ARC intake from Dunks couple months back from Dunks. Can't really here it because of my exhaust :(

But it does look pretty! :)B)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Didn't really think of that, my cobra non res zorst is rather loud when you open it up. I just want to look cool when I open the bonnet haha 😎

A turbo would look and sound better though! 😂

• Like 1