100,000 miles

350doc

:wacko: Thats mental mileage, have you gone through any more clutches? Have a question regarding rust, have you noticed it starting to rust underneath yet, guess you use it 12 months a year and would see some salty roads from time to time? Reason I ask is that under mine I've seen rust under the spare wheel on the underside of the car, just wondering if thats down to mileage or age or both.

Well done keeping her :thumbs::drive1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be slightly OT, but what is FP1 and P1 etc?

P1 is a normal service (oil change), FP1 is the equivelant to a P1 but for those that do more than 20 or 30k miles a year (I forget the exact figure). Basically they do more checks each time as you are doing bigger milage more quickly, so some stuff might wear out before the normal periods.

• 1 month later...

97,500 miles on the clock for me now. Just treated her to a full (main) oil and fluid change at Nissan in Notts. Charged me £108 which was very reasonable. 70 quid labour, and the rest for the brake and coolant fluids. I supplied the oils myself from OpieOils - cost me about 90 quid delivered (engine, diff and gearbox). So for a shade under 200 quid all the essentials have been changed (except the rear diff - I have the oil for that but didnt think it wise to add that to an already busy Zed schedule for the local dealership!)

Aside from a few rattles on the interior (trim related - some foam pads will sort them out WIGRTI) the car is as solid now as when i first bought it :teeth:

Have a question regarding rust, have you noticed it starting to rust underneath yet

When I got mine I was shocked Nissan still don't put any plastic lining in their rear arches :scare: Plenty of bare unprotected metal in the front arch as well :thumbdown:

There was tons of mud stuck in the rear arches! It took a weekend to brush/blast it all off and coat the whole underside with Waxoyl, but prevention is better (i.e. quicker and cheaper) than cure.

Have a question regarding rust, have you noticed it starting to rust underneath yet

When I got mine I was shocked Nissan still don't put any plastic lining in their rear arches :scare: Plenty of bare unprotected metal in the front arch as well :thumbdown:

There was tons of mud stuck in the rear arches! It took a weekend to brush/blast it all off and coat the whole underside with Waxoyl, but prevention is better (i.e. quicker and cheaper) than cure.

Every time you clean it, run your hand (carefully!) around the arch with the hose to remove all that gunk. Keeps your arches rust free! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have indeed hit 150,000 miles!!

I have not repleaced the clutch since 120,000 miles; before that I replaced it at c. 60/70,000 miles. I think there was something up with some of the early ones. I have bought a spare clutch and flywheel though.

No rust yet! Some bubbling of paintwork on oine of the wings, but otherwise nothing!

:wacko: Thats mental mileage, have you gone through any more clutches? Have a question regarding rust, have you noticed it starting to rust underneath yet, guess you use it 12 months a year and would see some salty roads from time to time? Reason I ask is that under mine I've seen rust under the spare wheel on the underside of the car, just wondering if thats down to mileage or age or both.

Well done keeping her :thumbs::drive1

• 4 weeks later...

Just rolled over 100,000 miles. Doc, can i ask you: when you hit 100k did that secret compartment open up in the passenger side dash to reveal the small bottle of champagne and two small glasses? Very nice touch from Nissan if you ask me. Such a shame that very few other Zed owners will experience this :p

Did you do the full 100k yourself?

Just rolled over 100,000 miles. Doc, can i ask you: when you hit 100k did that secret compartment open up in the passenger side dash to reveal the small bottle of champagne and two small glasses? Very nice touch from Nissan if you ask me. Such a shame that very few other Zed owners will experience this :p

• 3 weeks later...

Mine ticked over to 100,000 today.

Having said that, I bought it today with 99,950 miles :D!

04, 1 retired lady owner, full service history, £9k. I love it so far, welcome me to the club.

Very brief spec, GT Package, Azure Blue, kept standard. It is in very good condition for its mileage. Alloys have been refurbished, new tyres. Tiny chips on the front bumper which I guess is to be expected!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...