New engine in , still no throttle , changed the fuse board and nothing !

Lipsylee

Hello

This is my 1st post so go easy on me haha thanks

I bought this Nissan 350z auto 2003 with no throttle working -

I have changed the throttle body and changed the throttle pedal with position sensor and still no luck it will not Rev and it's in limp mode and the slip / Tcs light is on .

My next move was to change ecu and try that but I think may have a split wire some where - but where ???

Any ideas ?

I don't know the history ect

It's also very hard to start when I can get it started that is !

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lip

I don't know much about the error codes but I can tell you some of the things to check as I had a very similar issue.

first i'd try the easiest solution. ECU reset - effectively called the pedal dance.. http://www.technosqu...om/350reset.htm - if you have had the TB off or replaced chances are you'll need to reset the position etc...this reset procedure is rather tricky to get right so stick with it.. (reminds me I have to do mine again tonight) I'd say the chances of the ECU being toast are slim, especially if you are getting error codes but look at that as last resort.

My ZED had been playing up for months before it died.. but in the end it turned out to be a blown Bank A cam sensor - I would replace all these sensors anyway Bank A & B cams and Crank.. but replace with OEM - the aftermarkets are gank. Also worth checking coils and sparks. and also check the MAF sensor is plugged in on the air intake.

Hope you get her started :)

edit - oh and get a trickle charger plugged in... if you haven't already ^^

Edited by Selah83

Morning all ,

I thought I solved the problem but obviously not !

I took the throttle relay apart and tripped the relay and it reved , so looked behind the board and it looked as if the board had a bit of water corrosion on it as it was slightly green behind the relay any way ordered a new fuse board and fitting it and guess what it still don't Rev !!!!

It's very strange so I'm thinking it must be a wire behind the throttle relay that's faulty between the throttle relay and the ecm .

Anyone heard of that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Old problem that still causing me grief ,

Originally bought with electrical problem NO THROTTLE !

Anyway I changed the pedal sensor and throttle body / sensor and nothing then we took looked at the fuse board and it looked like it may have had a bit of water behind the relay , my mechanic stripped the throttle relay down and tripped the relay and it reved up for the first time ,

So he said by a new fuse board which I did .

I fitted it and the problem didn't go away even with a new board .

Very confused now .

We have put a new engine in and now got to work out this problem out again .

Anyone got any ideas what can now be causing this .

The fault codes are the same from before .

Thanks lee.