Andriod tablet install complete

Ollie_kerslake

Well it's taken me a few weeks to get the tablet how I wanted it but it's finally in.

I used erobot to control what happens when the car is switched on and off as well as Smartlauncher pro, Torque pro, and Here Maps for the sat nav.

I've installed a bluetooth OBD reader to fed the cars stats into the Torque Pro app.

When I get into the car and my phone connects to the head unit it also switches on my mobile hotspot for the tablet to connect to so I can use the Web on the tablet as well as control Spotify from it.

It charges via the head unit which has a usb port, I stripped the cable and snipped the two data wires so the head unit wouldn't recognise it and just charge it.

If your thinking for giving it a go it's not to hard and the orginal post by EvansJD2112 was my inspiration.

Here are some shots and a video

20151018_164020_1.jpg20151018_163818.jpg

20151018_163818.jpg

20151018_164047_1.jpg

Edited by Ollie_kerslake

Looks awesome mate, well done!

Does it play sound through the speakers?

Thanks

It doesn't but it's just a case of putting to the aux on the head unit. I chose not to as I turn the sound of on sat navs anyway

Oh yea, that's a good point, as it's only used as sat nav and other things and you can still use car radio for music.

I need to sort something like this out soon as well.

How do you switch on the tablet and also what obd dongle are you using with torque pro because most of us are struggling with getting these to talk to the cars engine management.

I've rooted it and changed a file so if it's run out of power as soon as a power source is detected it turns on. If it's still got battery erobot handles it. So if power detected power on screen, wifi, bluetooth and gps. If power source is lost its runs an application called screen of as well as powering down the wifi,gps and bluetooth.

I was using this fine but I've changed to a bluetooth version so I can hook my pad up to my phones hot spot

Old worked fine - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011O69946?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

New - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UR5BRZU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

• 2 weeks later...

Nice install!

Do you know what OS and launcher you are using? that's a better solution that then one I have!

Are you using Timur's ROM for the power management? if not would love to hear what tweak you did for the power as I'm struggling with Timur's ROM on anything remotely modern (OS wise) :(

Edited by Madhatter

Awesome install mate, looks perfect.

I've an Archos tablet which was built into my 350 by the previous owner. Only issue is it has no signal so I'm guessing there is no sim attached. Have you had any issues using your phone as a hotspot, it's something I've previously thought about as it has Bluetooth connectivity.

Due to it not having any sig the apps on It will be dated, any recommendations for sat nav etc or just general apps that people think are a must in the car. It already has the torque app which is connected to the Bluetooth dongle.

Thanks. I'm using Smart launcher pro. I've just rooted it so standard rom apart from that. To make the tablet power on if it's completely flat have a look at this.

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/20021/automatically-power-on-android-when-the-charger-is-connected

Nice install!

Do you know what OS and launcher you are using? that's a better solution that then one I have!

Are you using Timur's ROM for the power management? if not would love to hear what tweak you did for the power as I'm struggling with Timur's ROM on anything remotely modern (OS wise) :(

Thanks. I have the occasional dropout but I'm with EE so the coverage is pretty good. I use Here maps. You can use it offline just download the map the do UK and or every country in Europe and it's free.

Awesome install mate, looks perfect.

I've an Archos tablet which was built into my 350 by the previous owner. Only issue is it has no signal so I'm guessing there is no sim attached. Have you had any issues using your phone as a hotspot, it's something I've previously thought about as it has Bluetooth connectivity.

Due to it not having any sig the apps on It will be dated, any recommendations for sat nav etc or just general apps that people think are a must in the car. It already has the torque app which is connected to the Bluetooth dongle.

Thanks. I'm using Smart launcher pro. I've just rooted it so standard rom apart from that. To make the tablet power on if it's completely flat have a look at this.

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/20021/automatically-power-on-android-when-the-charger-is-connected

Nice install!

You sir are a legend! Thank you :)

Going back to standard and trying this instead of cyngeonmod, hacks and still not working lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...