maybe buying first zed this weekend

hi all

This is my first post after ive been reading through the forums for a few months now. ive been thinking about getting a zed for about a year now and after reading up every last bit of information on here (i have a lot of spare time on my hands and i needed it), planned all the mods i would like to do and seen some events i would like to attend next year i think im finally going to bite the bullet and get a car :p

truthfully ive been waiting for the finances to come in and now there at the right level for me im like a kid at xmas.

so im going to ask my first (of many most probably) bit of advise

what things should i look out for when going on the test drive of the z

im looking at older DE 03-04 models with highish mileage

from what i have read the only thing that should be an issue is the clutch starting to go if they haven't changed it from new, any other niggles ?

you all seem to know so much about these cars that i feel you'd look after a new guy

thanks

james

so i got one heres the build thread ive started lots of pics

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102783-zena-the-warrior-princess/

Edited by cov350z

Welcome along bud, i looked at a few before i brought mine, you will probably fall in love straight away but need to have an open mind. One question i asked first was what petrol was it run on? If they say normal unleaded i wouldnt touch it, you want the car ideally run on super unleaded, mine likes V power :)

• Like 1

hi from an ex-owner in leamington!

- check the service history is up to date and the big services have been done on time.

- try and make sure its been run on super unleaded.

- look for a replacement clutch in the history, if it hasn't been done it'll be £600-700 to rectify, use this to bargain. obviously check for slipping when driving it (dual carriageway, 5th gear, then floor it)

- check around the rear wheel arches for rust bubbles - earlier cars are starting to rust now! if theres any coming through, that'll be around £200 a panel to rectify.

- check what tyres are on it! you're looking for brands you've heard of before - if the previous owner has skimped on some Chinese ditchfinder tyres then i'd be worried where else they'd skimped.

- check the oil level - easiest to do when cold, the previous owner should know how to do it!

that's my advice!

• Like 2

so ive brought my first zed:P pick up on Monday night she needs a little tlc but ive got plans for her

Welcome to the forum... :)

hes informed me that this zed is one of your children A17MEW hope youve looked after it for me :p i shall be bringing to you for its services and other goodies as your not to far away

• Like 1