When will the 370z hit the 10k mark....?

Buckley

It seems to show SORN also, but it does rely on the V5 being accurate, which for some models of imports can vary wildly. Also it looks like in the example above even UK registered cars like the VX220 VXR can get mis-registered on the site as a standard VX220. Quite handy site for getting ballparks on numbers, for comparing a car when there are very small numbers you could see small errors that make you draw big conclusions which might not be right! ;)

Edited by coldel

Well I'm guessing its because the 370 came out that the 350 dropped in value.

As there's no replacement for it and you can still buy them new they will hold their value better.

The new Evora 400 seems to have impacted on the value of the Evora S in this way; it's been consistently reviewed as better than the S and the price of S's on Autotrader have taken a hit since it became available.

Good job the Nismo is just a bodykit and an UpRev then :stir:

Oi. Behave yourself. ;)

• Like 2

No. I blew the blue one up and currently in the process of being repaired. I bought the grey one as I missed my zed lol.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ah yes I remember the thread now. So no wonder you like the Grey one more lol

I think the gradual demise of 6 and 8 cylinder cars in the sub-exotic sector should actually shore up prices of many of the noughties-designed, multi-cylinder sports cars and GTs.

My straight six Z4 coupe hardly depreciated over two years of ownership and 30k miles.

I've had my Z since May meanwhile and put nearly 10k miles on it since that time, yet a quick Autotrader valuation last night suggests it's still worth what I paid for it if I sold it privately.

If it wasn't for the few grand I've spent on modifications then I'd be quids in! Oh well, everyone needs a hobby... :)

• 1 month later...

Prices seem to have firmed up due to the fuel prices being lower and people realising that another £200 VED isnt really a big deal in the scheme of things, all those paying £300 plus for some diesel thing when, if you have something like the 370Z and buy it you keep most of the value and the incidental costs such as insurance arent as bad as you would think, especially when you arent paying money to rent the car each month.

The word on the street is that 2016 will be the 370Z's last year of production, in fact production has already ceased for the Japanese market. In view of the small number of 370's sold in The U.K my guess is that good low mileage one owner examples will retain their values much better than similar 350Z's and that the only sub 10k ones for the forseeable will be high mileage, poorly maintained, Cat C, etc.

Pete

I agree with Pete, should you not mind purchasing a cat C or even entertaining a cat D, its unlikely to find one at sub10k. There's nothing wrong with these catagories as cars are more likely to be written off these days due to manufacturers retail part prices. Cat D obviously being a better option and the Cat C requiring a Vic test due to a heavy impact. :)

the Cat C requiring a Vic test due to a heavy impact. :)

The clue is in the title Vehicle Identity Check, nothing to do with heavy impact etc ;)

The vic test is now abolished anyway and you simply apply for a v5 in the normal fashion, the scheme was ineffective hence why its abolished, out of 916k test only 40 were found to be "ringers"

Edited by Jetpilot

Bought my HR in 2012 for £15K with less than 16,000 miles on it (58'). 3ish years old and just about half the price. God knows what its worth now with its chips and light scrapes and a door mark which I can't even be bothered to fix as it'll onlyhappen again lol. Now just about 70K on the clock (oh yes it gets used lol) but also maintained like hell (minus the chips etc lol) with its big folder of Infiniti servicing receipts haha

Edited by AMT

Surprised nobody has mentioned one of the 370z best features; reliability. Let's face it, these cars rarely go badly wrong particularly the powertrain which is the important bit. The clutch lasts, the VVEL doesn't have vanos style issues, gearbox is solid, never heard of diff problems etc. Certainly when compared to anything German and definitely Italian junk like maserati (4200 lol). I know we complain about servicing costs, tyres and stone chips but for cars of this ability they are cheap to run and don't require a Porsche style slush fund or have crazy M/AMG/RS parts prices.

Surprised nobody has mentioned one of the 370z best features; reliability. Let's face it, these cars rarely go badly wrong particularly the powertrain which is the important bit. The clutch lasts, the VVEL doesn't have vanos style issues, gearbox is solid, never heard of diff problems etc. Certainly when compared to anything German and definitely Italian junk like maserati (4200 lol). I know we complain about servicing costs, tyres and stone chips but for cars of this ability they are cheap to run and don't require a Porsche style slush fund or have crazy M/AMG/RS parts prices.

They don't have the performance of those cars though, once you drop into cars that can hit 60 in less than 5 seconds the running costs go up and keep going up the quicker they get.