When will the 370z hit the 10k mark....?

Buckley

i bought my 350z back in early 2012 when i paid 10k for it

it was an 05 Azure roadster withn 38k on the clock

ive been looking at 370s recently but they still seem to be holding their value at around 14k for an 09 plate which is now 6 years old..... i assumed they would be less by now :/

cant really go much above 10k as weve just moved house and the little one is here but i do miss the Z immensely

its not looking a good few years yet though after looking at prices :(

anyone wanna sell theirs for 10k :p

oh yeah, any 370z owners, has anyone managed to put a baby car seat in one or is it not safe? i would rather take the little one out for a spink than our lass!!!!

^^^^This

Big capacity engines are also thin on the ground, unless your buying German or exotica which the mainstream cant afford or possibly even want, so might be another reason for them holding their value, but i would say more so, there is no direct replacement as above.

I'm amazed they've held their value so well, tbh. Given that an E92 M3 is only a couple of grand more now and running costs will be broadly similar, that seems insane that the 370 sits where it does.

Great for owners though!

• Like 1

Its really difficult to tell - if the government doubles large engined VED or something exterior to the car itself which could drive down prices. If fuel prices in two years go up to £1.50 a litre, anything really that could have an impact.

Its an interesting one as so much legislation is going down the route of crushing larger engined cars, might be the last of the V6s so might help it retain value.

• Like 2

I'm amazed they've held their value so well, tbh. Given that an E92 M3 is only a couple of grand more now and running costs will be broadly similar, that seems insane that the 370 sits where it does.

Great for owners though!

I think the m3 is more than just a couple of grand more like for like ie age/ miles

My pal just sold his 59 plate with 95000 miles for 18 grand

You can have a newer and lower millage 370z for that

• Like 1

It will be a long while till they are 10K unfortunately.

I purchased mine for 15k 20 months ago. If I was to put it up for sale now I reckon it wouldn't go for much less than that.

The other thing is that there are a lot of 350's still at or above the 10k mark. So that also affects the 70.

Edited by 370Ad

If fuel prices in two years go up to £1.50 a litre, anything really that could have an impact.

I really dont see fuel prices come into play, it is a lot like Ekona says about ved rates between de's, if anyone wouldnt buy one for the sake of a few tanks of fuel over a year, they probably wouldnt have one in the first place.

5000 miles pa @ roughly 25mpg is 900 litres, add 40p to todays prices that and its only £360, hardly worth worrying about if you ask me.

• Like 1

I went off PH, picked the cheapest cars that weren't obvious sheds. £16K for a bunch of 370s, £18K for a bunch of M3s.

Bearing in mind the BMW will wear the mileage better, and the ages are within a year of each other.

I went off PH, picked the cheapest cars that weren't obvious sheds. £16K for a bunch of 370s, £18K for a bunch of M3s.

Bearing in mind the BMW will wear the mileage better, and the ages are within a year of each other.

I stand corrected

I wonder if the m4 has dropped m3 prices.when I was looking for a car 3 years ago with max 20g budget

The m3 with decent millage was more like high 20s

My 370z was 18,500 for a two year old car with 5000 mile

Edited by nissanman312

If fuel prices in two years go up to £1.50 a litre, anything really that could have an impact.

I really dont see fuel prices come into play, it is a lot like Ekona says about ved rates between de's, if anyone wouldnt buy one for the sake of a few tanks of fuel over a year, they probably wouldnt have one in the first place.

5000 miles pa @ roughly 25mpg is 900 litres, add 40p to todays prices that and its only £360, hardly worth worrying about if you ask me.

I agree, however how many people come on here and say they bought a DE because the VED is half the price. I think if you suddenly get a number of 'initiatives' from the government to make us drive soulless electric tin boxes like increasing VED, throwing a load of tax onto fuel, adding another tax which doesnt already exist, creating congestion zone charges in more places etc. the combined effect will be that we could see more mainstream larger engine vehicles struggle - until they become collectible, the cost of running one would never put someone off buying a 63 mustang for instance.

Looking back at the diesel push a few years back, a few government initiatives and suddenly the price of buying a petrol car dropped through the floor and diesel ownership leapt from 1m to 10m overnight.

Looking back at the diesel push a few years back, a few government initiatives and suddenly the price of buying a petrol car dropped through the floor and diesel ownership leapt from 1m to 10m overnight.

Think this might change with all the drama with VW and their diesel cars, with more manufacturers looking to be outed !!

Well I'm guessing its because the 370 came out that the 350 dropped in value.

As there's no replacement for it and you can still buy them new they will hold their value better.

The new Evora 400 seems to have impacted on the value of the Evora S in this way; it's been consistently reviewed as better than the S and the price of S's on Autotrader have taken a hit since it became available.

Well I'm guessing its because the 370 came out that the 350 dropped in value.

As there's no replacement for it and you can still buy them new they will hold their value better.

The new Evora 400 seems to have impacted on the value of the Evora S in this way; it's been consistently reviewed as better than the S and the price of S's on Autotrader have taken a hit since it became available.

Good job the Nismo is just a bodykit and an UpRev then :stir:

Edited by 370Ad

Think this might change with all the drama with VW and their diesel cars, with more manufacturers looking to be outed !!

Which is exactly my point - government policy and energy costs do drive changes in vehicle ownership, demand and ultimately price I think.

Good s/h prices I put down to:

1) Rarity, in comparison to 350's. Yes, you can still buy new 370s but the price + tax + petrol consumption compared to other new cars offering similar 'bar stool' performance is never going to help sales now.

2) One of the last (non supercar) V6 engined sports cars with grunt and....now s/h ones are more affordable with new ones not being around for much longer I suspect with Nissan having deleted the roadster from the line-up.

3) Tuning potential that has only come to peeps attention in the last couple of years.

4) Has overcome the look put-downs, when compared to the 350's in its early years, now that the modding potential has shown how good they can look.

I would have another in a shot if our circumstances permitted! :lol:

So good news for current owners and for those getting one, IMO.

• Like 1

Great for owners though!

I'm guessing poor sales figures for the 370z (certainly the Roadster) means fewer second hand sales thus prices stay steady? Anyone know (UK) how many 350z were sold compared to 370z?

Great for owners though!

I'm guessing poor sales figures for the 370z (certainly the Roadster) means fewer second hand sales thus prices stay steady? Anyone know (UK) how many 350z were sold compared to 370z?

Knock yourself out https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk :)

Great for owners though!

Not sure about 350s but here are the 370 figures

11792007_10153506094358270_8330903208806628611_o.jpg

Great for owners though!

Its meant to be quite inaccurate this site by all accounts?

Great for owners though!

Its meant to be quite inaccurate this site by all accounts?

How so? Surely must run off DVLA records?

I think it works fine for modern vehicles but there are large holes for imports, cars that were not officially sold in the UK, it also doesnt distinguish between model changes mark 1 vs mark 2 etc. I think there are a number of other issues as well such as it only records whats on the V5 document (my R33 Skyline was recorded as a GTR and would appear in this as an R33 GTR, it wasn't unfortunately).

So I would guess that for something like a 370z its fine, for anything a bit grey (which includes 350z) it isnt as good a measure.

Great for owners though!

Not sure about 350s but here are the 370 figures

11792007_10153506094358270_8330903208806628611_o.jpg

I bet the majority of the 2014 370 coupe sales were Nismos - bought by enthusiasts primarily.

A quick check of the website says that there are just 2 VX220 VXRs left - when I left the forum last year there were something like 10-20 owners on there, so either they are all lying, crashed all the cars in the meantime or something is not quite right with the HML website...

...as with most things on the internet, don't always believe what you see! :lol:

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1