which tyres?

bryn72

Maybe read the posts in the tyre forum section.

Lovely welcoming post :thumbs:

To be fair, the tyre question is asked on a weekly basis and we do have a whole section on tyres and the answer is always the same :)

Yea but the guy has been here like 5 minutes, no need for people to be rude.

• Like 1

Hi guys

Like some of you have said ive come on here for advise.dont need stupid childish answers keep them to yourself.to others thank you.been making a few phone calls today and looks like the mpss.

oh just to let you know its the 70z not the 50z if that makes any difference to tyre choice.

Hi Bryn

Over the years I have only driven my Zs 350/370 & 370 Nismo with bridgestone potenza tyres they certainly stick to the road, bit pricy though, but if Nissan fit them to the Zs then I am assuming they must reckon they are the best for the Z set up.

PS

ignore the sarcastic comments, most of the guys & gals on the site will give you good advice.

Over the years I have only driven my Zs 350/370 & 370 Nismo with bridgestone potenza tyres they certainly stick to the road, bit pricy though, but if Nissan fit them to the Zs then I am assuming they must reckon they are the best for the Z set up.

Not true. All it means is that Bridgestone paid Nissan the most money to have their tyres on the car, nothing else. It's like saying that a Chevvy Aveo must be an amazing car, because they're on the Man United shirt ;)

The RE040s are notoriously crap, and they were OEM fitment right up until the HR came out when Bridgestone moved to the far superior RE050As.

• Like 2

The bridgestones do look good on the 370.

Im very fussy so whatever the decision the tyres must look good.if anyone can send me a pic of the mpss on their 370z that would be much appriciated.

That's... Utterly ridiculous.

Unless they're bright pink, then you want something that gives you grip and comfort and poise and control. What it looks like is utterly irrelevant, you can't even see the tread most of the time!

I've heard most excuses for picking a certain tyre over another, but that's the silliest one yet. Don't be so daft, buy something within budget that keeps you on the road, not something that you think looks pretty.

• Like 5

Maybe read the posts in the tyre forum section.

Lovely welcoming post :thumbs:

To be fair, the tyre question is asked on a weekly basis and we do have a whole section on tyres and the answer is always the same :)

Yea but the guy has been here like 5 minutes, no need for people to be rude.

He's been a member of the forum since September 2014 and this is his second post asking for tyre advice. Obviously he didn't like jetpilot's kind reply, so I thought I'd try something a bit more obvious.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102465-tyres/

Hi guys

Like some of you have said ive come on here for advise.dont need stupid childish answers keep them to yourself.to others thank you.been making a few phone calls today and looks like the mpss.

oh just to let you know its the 70z not the 50z if that makes any difference to tyre choice.

Funny that. I wouldn't really consider my reply as childish or stupid. more like advice.

Was I wrong? No.

Did I insult you? No.

Also the EVO tyre test is very good:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2015-EVO-Magazine-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

Although doesn't test the MPSS or the Bridgestone S001, which likely explains why those brands are low down the order.

anyways, read up on tyrereviews.co.uk anyways, best site I've found for tyre tests.