Andyjames Supercharged Silver Pheonix Rebuild

andy james

Good news from my mate who is a the manager at a well reputed body shop.

He can't believe I got out unscathed and he also can't believe how well the car survived!

The only question mark was the rear quarter repair which as you all know is double skinned and can hide untold damage.

Well he said that he has seen a lot worse,rear quarter can be replaced and the inner skin can be pulled out.

Due to the fact that the car is stripped it kind of restricts me with who I can use to repair the car so I'm going to have to get the best job done in the Bournemouth area.

We have lift off!!

I know it's probably a lot cheaper to go down the donor car route but this is a way of getting my car back at my own pace but she will be "stronger,faster,better than before!!!

Starting the quest for many new parts as of tonight,but the one major used part I need is a complete facelift silver passenger door so if anyone has one or sees one let me know.

Once again thank you for all your kind words.

• Like 11

Good news from my mate who is a the manager at a well reputed body shop.

He can't believe I got out unscathed and he also can't believe how well the car survived!

The only question mark was the rear quarter repair which as you all know is double skinned and can hide untold damage.

Well he said that he has seen a lot worse,rear quarter can be replaced and the inner skin can be pulled out.

Due to the fact that the car is stripped it kind of restricts me with who I can use to repair the car so I'm going to have to get the best job done in the Bournemouth area.

We have lift off!!

I know it's probably a lot cheaper to go down the donor car route but this is a way of getting my car back at my own pace but she will be "stronger,faster,better than before!!!

Starting the quest for many new parts as of tonight,but the one major used part I need is a complete facelift silver passenger door so if anyone has one or sees one let me know.

Once again thank you for all your kind words.

Worth dropping Zman a PM :thumbs:

Great news though Andy :)

There's one (silver) being broken in Bury on E bay at the moment. Might still have a door.

A1 Japspares in Manchester are breaking a facelift in black as well. If you need it checking out before you by I might be able to call in.

Edited by leonk

Some progress made this week.

Passenger seat replaced thanks to Buster.

Damaged alloy supercharger pipe work has gone off to be repaired/remanufactured.

Ordered drivers seat belt and steering wheel airbag from Zmanalex.

Ordered Misimoto rad,Samco hoses,new aftermarket front wings from Tarmacsportz.

Also this turned up today thanks to Katrina part finder!lol

5f1da49d6dc7688f4002300c73f5a9a3_zpskzxchey3.jpg

There is a long way to go and I still have a 20+ list of parts new/ secondhand

yet to source before she can be reassembled.

Much more to come!!

• Like 8

Been away for a month so wrapped that you are doing a rebuild - if you need anything smallish from the US my son is there now in LA - back next week - hie could possibly courier

Andy. Only just seen this post. Main thing is you are safe and sound. Your z is one of my favs and an inspiration to others. Glad to see you are taking some positive action and look forward to seeing it back better than ever.

Spent a couple of hours in the garage this afternoon.

Door bolted on with the help of my workshop assistant Katrina!

I have been really worried about this as it was going to be a further test to see whether the car was structurally out of line.

It clunked shut first time! Phew!

Got some oil filter/cooler pipes and fittings to order as they took a knock!

d5d44e99f37ed8cc11c8fc5ee9d9e42c_zpsywni1f79.jpg

930ac7b177c06a4cd9b9a9afff26e131_zpsfy2uug5n.jpg

Once the radiator housing arrives from Clark Motorsport,Supercharger pipes are repaired and the other bits I've ordered are all ready the engine bay can go back together.

More to come! Lol

• Like 8

amazing work.. just noticed this thread, I do keep an eye out as I remember you selling me my cobra exhaust and giving me some great zed advice...

your car is the meanest zed I have seen, will be great to see your baby back on the road mate...and better than ever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the weekend in the garage to work on the car and also make room for all the parts ordered.

Bought these shelves for £130 and am very impressed.

fa15621c18cc78c8bf2d7063f494ba38_zpstkmpcadb.jpg

Fitted replacement seatbelt,steering wheel airbag.

662499c785358804f51f3820df13b6d5_zpsa7nlbtuo.jpg

Aeroquip fittings on the way so I can rebuild the oil cooler/remote housing unit.Then the cooling/front panel can be fitted so the rest of the water/air con ancillaries can be installed.

More and a lot more to come! Lol

• Like 6

A little progress this week as Chris and I have been flat out on the new Z shed superstructure,which was held up by bad weather Thursday/Friday so I had to take advantage of the sunshine yesterday to lay concrete blocks! Lol.

Fitted a new lateral control arm as the original one bent on impact.

0bbf7904ff55637ecbe0abf3bda615db_zpsb2tua0l4.jpg

Must say this was a right bugger to fit!

Next up was to take out the passenger dash top/airbag unit and install new ones.

30b588fab145e40632832d6e5ea74d74_zpsbgoafrap.jpg

b80deb3d7efd3790aaed255b97d063e1_zpsoad2joug.jpg

I now have all the parts to sort out the remote oil filter housing which looked like this!

c469752df43cfcd81c8a4ef37f308c27_zpsvybzjeki.jpg

Just to cheer me up these goodies arrived from Chris at Tarmacsportz!

a92a56a8c6b1f798d66d4867759229ba_zpsytnwxz0w.jpg

Once the front panel arrives from Ewan at Clark Motorsport I can start rebuilding the engine bay.

I know this sounds crazy but I'm beginning to get into the swing of having the chance to mod the car even further than I would have done before the crash.

Zeditus has no known cure.

Much more to follow.

• Like 7