Andyjames Supercharged Silver Pheonix Rebuild

andy james

As some of you already know I had a rather big crash at Gurston Down three weeks ago which I was rather lucky to walk away from considering we barrel rolled into the trees!

60f8c4e8ad9a725b5342551197737dc1_zpswsi8jlzl.jpg

0b2b9a7ea59ab534e887c153a67f7f4e_zps7iaj2av3.jpg

c99ba5a398f220b1b0234f58871300be_zpslmymsnpq.jpg

Yesterday I went to Salisbury to drag the car back on a trailer,put her in my garage to access the damage so I could decide to either break,re build or buy something else.

As the camber arm was broken it was real pig just to move!

Once in my garage the first thing was to jack up and take the wheels off so I could have I good look around the car.

Katrina who has never cleaned a car in her life decided that she looked really neglected and took it on herself to grab Henry the Hoover and the detail spray and started Valeting the injured car which was full of glass,grass and dirt!

Think at this point she thought we could win the show and shine right off award!

Joking apart I felt pretty crap last night as I've had this car from new and a serious amount of time and money has been spent on developing her over the last 3 years.

Chris and Bob said they would pop over late morning today to give me some advice on how to strip the cars bent bits off in my own time over the few weeks to allow my body shop guru to to come and see if the car can be repaired and then I would take them out for a Carvery.

Well in true Zed shed fashion that didn't happen!

3 hours later and copious Dougnuts,Coke,Burger King quadruple cheese turbo burgers later this is what the old girl looks like now!

cce1b8dea1fb27a04eb507f39a46e398_zpsetdgfa9t.jpg

939c49538cd9adbbcaf7d4b7de1a3822_zpsjzo8ubgs.jpg

0ad898cc8f268a6654005a737f2f6ae7_zpshcwbohlo.jpg

b869a4552d9f1fa4a1929c024682da72_zpscg361mcv.jpg

375ab0bb4c7e018eed91df55501220b6_zpshcrxz28h.jpg

As you can see it's quite remarkable how well the chassis rails and the A and B pillars have come out unscathed!

After pulling the broken rad and fan housing out of the way of the Suprercharger and ancillary pulleys we tried to start the motor which fired up and sounded as sweet as ever!

The speed these guys work is bloody amazing as I would have taken me several evenings and weekends to get where I am today.

Subject to my body shop expert confirming that the rear quarter can be sorted them we have a Steve Austin scenario. "We can rebuild the first £6 zed!!!!

Thank you to my very good friends.

watch this space and I could be looking for a few nice second hand,silver parts in the next few weeks!

• Like 21

Rear quarter from Nissan is expensive, but replaceable no problem. Well, as good as the cutter and welder etc.

Glad to see the boys are doing what they love, and helping guys in their time of need :notworthy:

Rear quarter from Nissan is expensive, but replaceable no problem. Well, as good as the cutter and welder etc.

Glad to see the boys are doing what they love, and helping guys in their time of need :notworthy:

Thanks Ian.

Chris mentioned today that you had a rear quarter done after your hit and run which was repaired well.

Always happy to help out where can especially if there are Burger King quadruple cheese turbo burgers involved :lol:

Just need the bodyshop to give the thumbs up on that rear quarter and the rebuild can begin :thumbs:

• Like 4

Chris,

Always knew if it was possible you would be instrumental in making it happen

Andy,

It is amazing that, having seen the damage pics, this doesn't look so bad when stripped, just watch out for Chris and his angle grinder!

Good luck with the bionic rebuild.

• Like 1