The GTR itch - the modifications continue.

Tinyflier

I like the sound of the memory box, but when the car is cold I prefer to leave the gearbox alone until it has some proper heat.... so could see myself constantly switching it off to start with.

The reversing cameras are brilliant, until they get dirty ;) I have a front parking camera as well (to check for curbs, rocks, small children).

Looks great David!

I have been speaking with Paul about the kit for the '70, also deceptively tricky to reverse! The kit also support a second video input so looking to rig up some gauges like my PC build had :)

Yes Matt, the box Paul fitted to the GTR has 2nd video input. His kit is top quality.

I like the sound of the memory box, but when the car is cold I prefer to leave the gearbox alone until it has some proper heat.... so could see myself constantly switching it off to start with.

The reversing cameras are brilliant, until they get dirty ;) I have a front parking camera as well (to check for curbs, rocks, small children).

I generally have my suspension set to Comfort (lol!) and leave transmission in normal. OK so it isn't the hardest thing to flick the switch but it also stops it dropping out of R-mode if you shift to/from manual. Truth is - I am a sucker for a gadget!

David

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 1

Looks great David!

I have been speaking with Paul about the kit for the '70, also deceptively tricky to reverse! The kit also support a second video input so looking to rig up some gauges like my PC build had :)

Yes Matt, the box Paul fitted to the GTR has 2nd video input. His kit is top quality.

I generally have my suspension set to Comfort (lol!) and leave transmission in normal. OK so it isn't the hardest thing to flick the switch but it also stops it dropping out of R-mode if you shift to/from manual. Truth is - I am a sucker for a gadget!

David

Have to agree, mine stays in comfort as well, except for when on track.

R doesnt drop off when you switch between auto and manual.... I dont think.

Have got a reverse beep canceler yet? Not sure how long I can cope with mine lol.

Could you PM me rough cost of the reversing cam ? I was thinking about doing it myself, but appears there is a lot more to it than usual.

Yes I have the reverse beep defeater box fitted!

Was more than just a camera and a cable for sure!

Your Mailbox is full!

David

Ah...so it is! Had a clear out now. :)

• 2 months later...

This was delivered today - a fab model of the GTR engine, just having a perspex case made to keep it dust free, is a fairly weighty plastic/metal model (with sound!) about 9.5" high.

DSCF8687.jpg

DSCF8681.jpg

DSCF8684.jpg

Also had the Info Display upgraded to give me full Sat Nav and High Res screen, fitted some titanium bolts to freshen up engine bay and car booked in for a wheel recolour in a few weeks.

David

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

On way up to Silverstone yesterday I popped into Knight Racer and Albert's guys instantly descended on my car and about an hour later they had fitted this lovely carbon diffuser and aero blades.

20160724_081452.jpg

20160723_102517.jpg

I have a set of sideskirts waiting to put on and am now wondering what front end splitter I want to fit.

PS Wheels are being refurbed in a different colour on Wednesday - will bore you all with that later - :lol:

David

• Like 1

Wheels were refurbished today, as I dislike black/dark wheels INTENSELY and liking the steel grey of my Zed's Rota PWR I went for something quite close.

It is in fact AUDI R8 OEM colour.

Fully chemically stripped, damage made good, black undercoat, wet paint colour, powder coat lacquer and voila - something different!

20160727_172737.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Had a little trip to the ZShed today and Chris replaced the cabin pollen filter, by the looks of it this could well have been the original (!) as I can't find any indication on my services invoices of one having been replaced before - yeeeewwwww - not the most exciting "mod" - :shrug: - but Chris is now a fully accredited GTR technician!

20160820_163135.jpg

The plan had been to fit some new carbon skirts but I had suspected, and it was proven as soon as I saw them (they were delivered straight to the ZShed), that what the seller supplied was a set of carbon skirt extensions - which although top quality carbon items - they aren't what I bought - so a little "to & fro" with the ebay seller about to ensue! :thumbdown:

Next up is a "hidden" mod - having the interior/doors fully soundproofed while I'm on holiday then when back its new exhaust time - replace the too loud Japspeed with a more civilised Miltek unit. That should, according to Litchfield, liberate the missing top end 10-15 bhp as a dyno run last week "only" gave me 645 bhp - :clap:

Edited by Tinyflier