Key issue is driving me mad!

drysd4le

So, about a year ago, my lock switch from the internal of my key broke off the main board, disaster! Anyway low and behold it has now happened to my second key, obviously I must be pressing it like the hulk or something! I managed to get two used keys from a breaker mate, have replaced the board, blade and immobiliser internals with mine so the car still starts etc however I cannot reprogram the new fob for remote locking as none of my originals work to allow me to start the programming sequence. Has anyone any suggestions as Nissan quoted me almost £270 a key! Couple of helpful guys on here have offered me some possible send away options, but just wondering if anyone has any diy ideas?

This worked for me after loosing my keyprogramming while moving the innards to flip key housing.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the keyfob.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 keyfobs.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all keyfobs for operation.

Also, once you start reprogramming you have to programm ALL the keys to the car, because the programming sequence will erase all previously saved keys

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 1

As above.Did mine last week without any problems.Timings are the most important thing.Nissan are crooks,they will only do exactly what Bulletmagnet has set out which is the process for resetting keys.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

I have told the OP days ago that I can probably fix his old circuit boards if they are just mechanically broken, or make a new one up from the old and new circuits.

No need for any bandying about of £270 dramas.

Mate, ok it's not free but its cheap and all you need to do is ask :yawn:

Edited by Toon Chris

Again, tried and tried and tried, I think the issue is that I do not have a working original remote to unlock the car and initiate the "handshake" I am having to manully open the car with my key. Total nightmare and just about to bite the bullet and part with £270! I appreciate your offer mate, I will pm you.

Edited by drysd4le

So........ I have a new one for everyone, I finally got the key coding to work! However, it involved me getting it by sheer luck as it only seemed to work for my by double clicking the unlock button after I went through certain steps! Very strange, but I now have working keys again! Cheers for all the help and direction though as usual.