Project Veilside

matt3579

ok so ive stumbled across the build thread and though i would knock my own up sadly it dark so im gonna have to add what pictures i have then chuck in a few more tomorrow.

so to start with back in june i picked up my 03 plate jdm 350 and right off the bat was pretty happy with it, i think its a type t ...? not 100% on that tho but i lucked out and got bose and heated leather seats which i was pretty happy with.

Screenshot_2015-07-20-16-09-53.png

Screenshot_2015-07-20-16-09-50.png

shortly after buying it and i mean very shortly within 10 days i managed to fry my calipers lost all breaking had to slide it round a roundabout and more or less roll into the carpark and slow on a hill put the handbrake on it just rolled so parked it flat and left it in gear to cool down.

braking capablitlys were lacking after this and when going over 50 ide have to drop gears to slow down so i figured, good a time as any to upgrade to some nice shiny brembos.

found myself a cheeky buy on the forum brembos disks and pads all in good nic so snapped them up and £700 and 2 days later these beauty's turn up

11896135_10153071417883457_435559009998151375_n.jpg

now it just a matter of getting them fitted easy than it sounds its true what they they are a b***h fitting them easy (a child could do it) bleeding the brakes not so simple.

put them all on did it in the right order rear nearside, rear offside, front nearside and then front offside had nothing.... tried again the next day i had some brakes but not a lot, so again i tried rebled the next day and it was a lot better dunno maybe it just needed to settle or something but i now had a fully working brembo setup.

also in the process of doing the postman was kind to trot along and give me that weeks ebay buys which happened to include a k&N panel filter (no pics but im sure your familiar with them) and chucked that into the box cant say ive noticed it makes and diffrence but ive always used panel filters in all my cars so i know there worth the money

11891169_10153075206803457_3380493659300652912_n.jpg

then as you do popped off with a mate for a cheeky photo shoot

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

so i few days went by and i found a nice engine bay washer kit and though gotta be worth a pun so snapped it up and had it delivered.

while waiting for it to be shipped from china (love me a bargin) i happend to watch 2 fast 2 furious and took a liking to the r34 with neons all lit up as he drive to race at the start.... so naturally i ordered some neons.

i say neons i cheated and won waterproof smd strips in 5 meter rolls though ide use 2-3 i didnt i used 1 and a bit there about 2mm thick and just glued them into place (its now a month on and there stuck solid)

IMG_0628.jpg

for those of you who didnt spot the cheeky bit of wiring in the photo heres another

IMG_0627.jpg

all tucked in nicely thats the ones from the front the sides go up the wings and and in though the side of the door behind the dash to a switch i fitted to a blank next to the traction control button,

as i said ive started the thread late so and i didnt really think to take many pics of the install, but i have to say the back was the worst to fit.

that was only because i had to pull most of the plastics inside out to hide all of the wires but it had to be done.

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0623_1.jpg

IMG_0624_1.jpg

and then after all the hard work was done had to take it out for a spin went to our local car meeting spot and found some friends so had to grab some cheeky shots of them together :)

but if you ask me they need to up there games #showthemhowitsdone

IMG_0520.jpg

Edited by matt3579

so i though i would show off my double din i had a few issues fitting it, as im sure many of you know with bose and an aftermarket cd player you have no sound i found a bunch of pages about what wires i need so i ordered one but in an effort to save money, i got one from china so as a temp solution i went halfords and found a wire for nissia micra as it had the same fitment.

so took a few pics and £2 for some spade connectors i knocked up my own harness and spliced in the amp wires and had sound and a fully working cd player.

the days went on and my new harness arrived so pulled out my makeshift one and fitted the actual one everything was the same but now i had the bonus of steering wheel contor wires to, but sadly im still waiting on my new wheel to arrive so the wires are there no buttons :(

also POKEBALL gearknob came in the post too how awesome is that :)

IMG_0641.jpg

Edited by matt3579

so i went off to see a friend of mine and we share a mutal love of cars and all things car related so naturally we chatted about future plans for the car and what i was gonna do it i said i wanted the windows done on it just to give it a darker look, he then turned and said well lets tint them.

Now ive tried home tint film before and it went horribly wrong but this guy knows his stuff and i said ok lets give it a go.

off we went to halfords grabbed some film £14.99 still at this point i wasnt expecting great things but you cant complain for that price the fasica for my double din cost more than that.....

went back to his and got to shaping the film 30 mins later we were done and i was amazed how easy he made it look and very impressed with the results ok so theres a few specs of dust under it here and there but for for £15 it looks mint :)

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

ok so earlier on i mentioned ill be upgrading to the full spec and part of that is fitting cruise control as some of you may know, you need to fit the buttons and the pedal switches however you will still need an uprev to install the cc function file.

then once all that has been fitted with the exception of the uprev fairly cheaply too you all set with working cruise control, there is however one last milestone to get over many people it wont bother and some it will but you wont have any light indication to say th cc is on or not now while im happy to live without this "go big or go home" so i found online a speedo only 3000 miles off my own from a cc full spec model so i snapped it up and today it arrived quickly fitted it to test it all works and happy days it does.

my only issues is it 3268 miles off mine so will have to take a trip to the beach or something to cover the extra :)

IMG_0664.jpg

it is a speedo off rev up yes but the speedo it self doesn't contain the red line restriction (i tested it) and the only difference is the lights for the cc my jdm speedo says slip where the uk has the drifting so asides visual differences the red line being shorter it does the same job but with cc lights and at some point im wanting to put custom dial faces in that ive seen here and there so in the long run it wont even be noticeable.

but on that note i do have to say good spot tho :)

heres the link for the neons i used but could any that are waterproof really

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201023314655?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

so some time today was at pondering at what i could do the car on budget untill payday and ive wanted some black handles for a while but been unable to find any for sale so i thought well ill just paint mine and if it all goes tits up (fingers crossed it doesnt) ill just grab another set off ebay and try again.

so quick search of youtube on how to remove them and im an expert at it (its like the matrix)

so off they came sanded and primed.

IMG_0679.jpg

few hours went by sanded again with 3000 wet and dry primed again and left to dry.

all looked good so on went the gloss black still wet in the photo but you get the idea now to let them dry and then clear coat :)

IMG_0682.jpg

• Like 1

so after waiting for the paint to dry sanding out a few dust spots that had got on it re painting in gloss it put the clear coat on and left them to dry and im pretty pleased with the result the clear coat did take away a bit of the gloss shine they had but looks good all the same.

IMG_1041.jpg

so the post man turned up today just like every other day signed my name and due to ebay im never quite sure what is arriving and when .... stuff just turns up lol

so anyway today he gave me facelift airbox mod so no time was wasted in heading outside and pulling it out

IMG_1459.jpg

got set on sealing it into palce with the kit provided by flyboy fairly easy did confuse me to begin with had a quck look at his walkthrough for it and was done within minuets

IMG_1463.jpg

left it to sit for about 4 hours to dry so its firmly stuck in place and then stuck it all back together yet to drive it yet but will let you know once i have but im gonna let it sit overnight so the sealant has time to fully set.

IMG_1462.jpg

Edited by matt3579

so i want to start out by saying im not with the job ive done on this one but hopefully it wont be staying long

so today in my boredom i decided to carbon wrap the centre console of the 350 its not perfect but it does it will do for now

the long term plan is to get a facelift centre console and have it hydrodipped in carbon print (if you happen to have one let me know as im looking to buy a complete center section)

IMG_1475.jpg

and yes i have to hold the cubby door shut as it wont stay closed on it own lol

IMG_1474.jpg

Yer pretty much the catch never locks in a royal pain in the a** ide get a new one but seems pointless when I wanna get a facelift centre.

Carbon looks good in the photos but there so many imperfection in it it did my nut driving it the next day so peeled it off lol

yer sorry forgot to put somthing up about that

its does smooth it out quite a bit when your reving the tits off and pulling away sharpish at the light

normal driving is about the same but when your tanking it about you can feel the diffrence :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

so its been a fair while since ive done anything to the car with christmas coming up and everything moneys been a bit tight to mod stuff but thought ide update on the latest happenings,

so the other half got an s2k and i gotta say it is nice and a fun little car to drive about it being 6'3 its a bit crampt but great to drive from time to time

12239755_10153760537803599_412388722996465943_n.jpg

but then back onto the 350 as i say its been a slow month but im currently waiting on some function buttons for the steering wheel audio and cruise control aswell as a patch lead so they will work with my pioneer head unit and what im slightly more excited about is the rays that have been sat in my garage for the last 4 months have finally gone off for a refurb and to be painted in gloss black :)

cant wait to get them back and will upload some pics when ive got them.