Project Veilside

matt3579

and the final piece of the puzzle is the spoiler, so a couple drive down the Devon way to pick it up off a fellow member, all nice ready shaped with carbon blade just needs paint :)

fyi to anyone picking one up it on just fit in the back of my fn2 civic so i wouldnt pick one up in a corsa,

IMG_4797.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

needs to dry then i can clear coat it and ready to fit it

• Like 1

looks good :D;)

I see you went for the version without the arches which is nice too

fitment looks spot on...keep the pics coming :thumbs:

thanks does have the archs on tho but yer it does look nice without but had to do the whole lot, tho had i been told how much of a pain it is i may have stopped and left it without them....

its getting there got the front passenger arch left half to get on and spoiler, the drivers rear by the petrol cap needs a fair bit of taking out sadly ...

another couple weeks should be a done job :)

thanks does have the archs on tho but yer it does look nice without but had to do the whole lot, tho had i been told how much of a pain it is i may have stopped and left it without them....

its getting there got the front passenger arch left half to get on and spoiler, the drivers rear by the petrol cap needs a fair bit of taking out sadly ...

what are you planing to use in between the arches and the car...a 3m weathershield strip or something similar?

also what did you use to extend the splash guards?

what are you planing to use in between the arches and the car...a 3m weathershield strip or something similar?

also what did you use to extend the splash guards?

If your on about extending the inner plastic arches what i did with my rx7 was to get a roll of 2mm abs plastic of ebay.

It molds really easy with heat then i just used an industrial stapler to fix to existing arch.

• Like 1

the bottom of the arch has the bases molded on ive only had to cut one off but im going to be shaping one over it to fit.

im thinking just gonna get some wheel archs from the scrap yard any ones will do then basically cut and melt them together, or something along those lines so it can carry on sitting in the arch and wrap round.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so took a break from the body kit for a couple days, if the outside looks sexy the inside should match, sadly i dont think veilside do a wide body center console so i decided to dip it instead

yyyy.jpg

i wasnt to sure about painting the gauge rings blue though even when they were done right upto the point i fitted them into the finsihed pods then i fell in love its just subtle enough to look sexy like stocking on a pair on long legs ;)

yy.jpg

the days past and paint dried and ive had to wait for a dry day to come round to fit the finished spoiler drilled to holes in the boot and started snowing.... bull s**t weather

but carried on anyway fitting the spoiler not the easist job by yourself mainly due to the size of it and lining it up could get both sides to stay put it was either one of the other so drilled a hole in either side and put a rivet in either side to hold the (dunno what you call them but the long bits that sit up the boot) do dads on and screwed it in through the holes i made earlier some tiger seal and and job is a gooden

y.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

so as time goes by got a bit more done now have both the front archs painted and fitted and very happy with how it looks just a few small bits and bobs to do now, then the drivers rear arch to fit now its all painted as i had to take it off to sort the fuel filler cap out.

front%20kitted_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well its taken far longer than i had first hoped but she is now done, i give you a fully kitted v3 veilside 350z (minus wheels really need bigger ones)

22222.jpg

1111111111.jpg

gave her a wash too where shes been sat infront of the garage the front end has some overspray but nothing a polish and claybar wont sort out over the weekend

"shes a beast i call her karma"

• 4 weeks later...

i was hoping for some big wheels too if some come up for the right price ill still get them on but coming into some money in the not so distant future so between selling this and that gonna shell out and get a 34 gtt and get the gtr kit on it

• 2 months later...

ok so had a slight change of heart was going to sell but i think i may have found my love for it again i blame daily cars and winter, i fall out of love with this till i get in and drive it properly, so i pulled up a kirb and the front mounted it and somewhat cracked my archs on the front so ive had to take them off fibreglass and filler but im thinking im gonna go black with the body kit (archs and skirts only) you can see where this is going .... im gonna blot the archs on rather than rivet for the time being leave it black and blue for a month or as got a few shows coming up so its gonna be a bit rough but nevermind, then when all shows are done and it can come off the road for a few weeks im thinking grey for the body stealth matt grey to be precise, those who know, know, those who dont you will when you see it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...