temperature warning light

matt350zz

Morning All,

yesterday added STP60450EN 450ml oil treatment to my engine oil. I drover the car about 20 mile and now a white temperature warn light has appeared to the of the dash board temperature gauge.

any info would be great cheers.

no I didn't change the oil. as this product is a cleaner and advises to change the oil later on not during adding.

tbh I think the light has always been there and I have just never noticed it before. its the engine coolant indicator. the gauge is still In the middle of the dial.

can you upload a pic of your dash with the engine running. would solve the issue.

For anyone who doesn't work in SKU codes, that's STP Oil Treatment he's put in the engine.

My first question would be why, and what was the oil level before you put it in?

I don't think the two are related, but pop a photo of the dash.

For anyone who doesn't work in SKU codes, that's STP Oil Treatment he's put in the engine.

My first question would be why, and what was the oil level before you put it in?

I don't think the two are related, but pop a photo of the dash.

hey there, i think i may have been having a blonde moment. what i believe to be a warning light i think is not a warning light and may have been there the whole time i just never took that much notice until i added the solution. i then panicked thinking i had done harm to then engine then good.

im struggling on how to upload a pic. newbie to the site.

if you look on the zs dash you will see the petrol gauge with a petrol filler symbol on the opposite side you see the the oil coolant gauge with a symbol a thermometer with two lines under it. i didnt think that symbol should of been there but on further investigation it seems it is just a symbol that has been there the whole time.

i hope this makes sense.