Tough Mudder, Winchester

S7nny

This was my first event and it was incredible. All of the obstacles were well thought up and I'd recommend it to anyone. What a challenge!

I'm a PT by trade and I train myself 5-6 times per week yet I've still woken up feeling like I've been hit by a train. Can't wait to do it all again!

image.jpg

• Like 1

I did it up north 2 years ago. The missus did it this year.

Aside from being scandalously priced its great fun but toughest event on the planet it isn't.

If felt a bit diluted to me this year......obstacles looked a bit repetitive. Walk the plank had gone, no electric eel, mud mile was pretty much a short pool instead of 8 pits, no log carry, bail bonds was basically a couple of lumps of hay.

I think Tough Mudder are starting to make the event more accessible for the average Joe. For example the missus put basically zero training in and nailed it.

The log carry was still there!!

Yeah, my other half got involved and did zero training but still overcame each obstacle. She only failed the monkey bars but still had a go.

I'll be running it again next year in Henley and then hitting the Spartan races.

I've messaged the regional organiser Kat, but not heard anything back for a couple of weeks. I tried!!

• Like 1

What do you currently do?

Why Personal training? It's becoming quite a saturated market at the moment, andunless you're freelance you don't really make much money from it after the gyms take their cut!

I had a think about it once and aside from being a weedy lump of blubber I realised much the same. It must be so frustrating for established PT's to fight it out with inexperienced newbies who charge less.

Much the same as detailing and valeting to be honest.......hard work convincing people why spending 10 and 20 times more than a roadside hand car wash is better!

Did one in South Wales a couple of years ago, enjoyed it but it is pricey! Lots of similar and cheaper options about (that don't go for the brand name like tough mudder!). Supposed to be running the Bristol to Bath marathon at the end of October but been working to much O/T and not enough training recently. Then time to start planning next years challenges.

If you need some exercise I need a load more digging done in the back garden, if it makes you feel better about it I can divide it into strips and we can call it a diggerthon, I'll even get a crappy fake plastic cup for the one that digs it the quickest :thumbs:

I recon it's a non starter but worth a try ;)

• Like 1

If you need some exercise I need a load more digging done in the back garden, if it makes you feel better about it I can divide it into strips and we can call it a diggerthon, I'll even get a crappy fake plastic cup for the one that digs it the quickest :thumbs:

If you need a hand mate, just say and I will be there :thumbs:

• Like 1

Where are you located?