towing a small trailer......

dougie350

yes been done lots of times, it mounts to the rear bumper bar, some reinforce the bumper bar where its been welded, some dont, i was just curious if anyone on here has done this, a caravan is a little extreme haha, but i think a small trailer is perfectly acceptable!

I did work for a short stint for a tow bar company called Indespension.

AFAIK the Nissan 350Z is not rated to tow anything and I'm pretty sure there aren't any kits available in the UK for it, ...I know for certain we didn't do any in my time at the company anyway.

Doesn't mean it's not possible though...

...although it's probably not legal in the UK. ;)

• Like 1

I did work for a short stint for a tow bar company called Indespension.

AFAIK the Nissan 350Z is not rated to tow anything and I'm pretty sure there aren't any kits available in the UK for it, ...I know for certain we didn't do any in my time at the company anyway.

Doesn't mean it's not possible though...

[media]

[/media]

...although it's probably not legal in the UK. ;)

did that company make trailers as well.... im sure we have got an "indespension" trailer at work.

ive seen lots of pictures floating around the internet of 350z'z towing all sorts of things, big trailers, small trailers, caravans, and to my amazement a car trailer with a car on lol! not sure id want to do that.

for my interests it would be a small trailer roughly 3.5 ft x 5ft with some wheels/tyres in it, so not anything massively heavy!

did that company make trailers as well.... im sure we have got an "indespension" trailer at work.

ive seen lots of pictures floating around the internet of 350z'z towing all sorts of things, big trailers, small trailers, caravans, and to my amazement a car trailer with a car on lol! not sure id want to do that.

for my interests it would be a small trailer roughly 3.5 ft x 5ft with some wheels/tyres in it, so not anything massively heavy!

Yes they make their own trailers (box trailers, car transporters, boat trailers etc). ;)

You'd be fine with a small trailer imo, ....as long as the towing vehicle is significantly heavier than the trailer/item you want to tow then usually it's fine. You'd need to wire it up with electrics & a number plate to keep it legit but that's fairly simple.

I never had to research fitting or getting a towbar for a 350Z before though and tbh as I said I'm not even sure if there would be any kits available in the UK for them.

If you give an Indespension branch a call though they'd be able to tell you over the phone (as we used to have books with thousands of vehicles listed with different tow bars from various tow bar manufacturers). They could even give you a quote for fitting too or you could just buy the kit yourself if they sell one & fit it yourself. :thumbs:

Link: http://www.indespension.co.uk/

I often need to tow stuff or move small loads so I took my Zed

IMG_6408_zps9wd7s1ag.jpg

and on the days I need to hook the trailer up I do this

20150825_194009_zpsvboxrp0y.jpg

I have found this is the best way to move small loads and tow the trailer without any bad side affects to the Zed. still looks cool as well :thumbs:

20150825_193949_zpsgenyv24w.jpg

I think this is the best solution and I have a towing weight of 2.5 Ton - sorted :)

• Like 1

You cannot legally tow with the Zed in the UK. The US have very lax laws on stuff like that, so they can get away with it. Please don't try it over here, it's asking for trouble.

And make sure you're old enough for grandfather's rights, or have passed the separate test before towing anything. I missed out by 2 months :(

I doubt you would get insurance for this anyway.

And for legal reasons :-

Chapter 9 verse 20 of your owners manual sayeth....

Do not tow any trailer with your vehicle

So when you want to make a claim, this just might come up. If I can find it I'm sure they will.

Edited by Shenley