P1122- ETC PERFORMANCE PROBLEM P1126- ETC MOTOR OPEN CIRCUIT/THERMOSTAT FUNCTION .

Lipsylee

Right I have replaced the throttle pedal and sensor ect .

Done throttle reset and throttle open close procedure .

Now I have a the lights on still but I'm actually getting a little response from the accelerater pedal , it's actually responding going up to 1500 rpm when foot is to the floor so my mechanic plugged his snap on diagnostics in and the two fault codes have gone and now I have two different fault codes that wasn't there previously .

The codes are :

P1122- ETC PERFORMANCE PROBLEM

P1126- ETC MOTOR OPEN CIRCUIT/THERMOSTAT FUNCTION .

The throttle body is not opening when I put my foot down could this be the problem do you think ?

Thanks lee.

Yes but I have a bigger problem the head gaskets have gone too so I have another engine but my mechanic won't fit the engine until the electrical problem is sorted , as it will do the same with new engine in .

The radiator was blown when I bought it and didn't realise so I put a new one in and feared the worst and within 10 minutes it over heated

The geezer done me up big time but hay ho just got to carry on I suppose .

Cheers I will let you know if I need an Ecu

Right I have replaced the throttle pedal and sensor ect .

Done throttle reset and throttle open close procedure .

Now I have a the lights on still but I'm actually getting a little response from the accelerater pedal , it's actually responding going up to 1500 rpm when foot is to the floor so my mechanic plugged his snap on diagnostics in and the two fault codes have gone and now I have two different fault codes that wasn't there previously .

The codes are :

P1122- ETC PERFORMANCE PROBLEM

P1126- ETC MOTOR OPEN CIRCUIT/THERMOSTAT FUNCTION .

The throttle body is not opening when I put my foot down could this be the problem do you think ?

Thanks lee.

Are you sure that you are not in limp mode ?

Actually looking at it I done

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning

But not the ecu reset ! But I disconnected the negative battery terminal and thought that would do it

Do I need to also do the Ecu reset ?

Cheers

Turn the ignition on, DO NOT START THE CAR, put the car into gear, press the throttle the butterfly should open fully.

If it doesn't there is a problem;

I would say from our experience is the connector from the engine loom to the throttle body have a issue with a bad connection;

If you remove the plug to the TB , gentle twist the MALE connectors so when you push the plug back on it make a better connection;

removing the battery earth will reset the ECU.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Nice 1 mark , I will try that .

But I have twisted the harness before and it didn't do anything but I will look deeper into that as that's were my problem will most likely be .

These seems a bad buy at the money considering the engine change that it needs too ,

I don't Kmow how much that's going to cost to install haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 11 months later...