Clutch and Flywheel Kits

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Just want to get your opinion on the following. At the price that it's selling at, I can see why it would be tempting, but then because it is that cheap it does make me wonder if the kit is actually any good. What do you think about this kit and kits like this in general that are going for this sort of price?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5676dbd36d

I've looked at the Cougar Store and Tarmac Sportz prices and for a clutch and flywheel it's around 600/700 pounds and that's what I would expect to pay. Just amazes me that kits are being sold on Ebay for less than half that price.

Besides which, I've dealt with the Cougar Store and Tarmac Sportz in the past and would rather pay the higher price, knowing I'm getting the kit from a trusted source.

"You get what you pay for" springs to mind.

You gotta ask, why everyone else making quality goods has to charge "so much"

It's cause it costs money to make a more solid product.

My dad always said when it comes to cars, "buy cheap, buy twice"

There's many other versions of it obviously... but you get the point, talk to the traders on here, you'll find a reasonable deal and get fantastic service too :)

• Like 1

So LUK is a crap kit?

Anyone on here actually used one?

No nothing wrong with genuine LUK kits they are OEM manufacutres for Nissan and a host of others. We supply genuine LUK and Exedy as do Cougar Store and Tarmac.

If you are looking to move away from the heavy OEM dual mass flywheel then this kit is well worth a look:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95545-new-xtreme-clutch-organic-inc-smf-350z-de/page__hl__xtreme

• Like 1

OK thanks for that.To be honest I think the extra noise caused by the sm flywheel will annoy me, tend to think a dm will better suit my needs.Do you send to Germany? If so a quote on LUK dm plus a decent clutch kit would be good please.Cheers.