Ogman's 350z: Project Kompanion

Ogman

March 2015 - Time to get down and dirty:

My brother-in-law (pictured) and I gave the Zed some much needed TLC.

Products consisted of:

• Carbon Collective Satsuma Snow Foam
  • Carbon Collective Lusso Shampoo
  • Carbon Collective Mammoth Wash Mitt
  • Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
  • Raceglaze Super Size Detailing Brush
  • Carbon Collective Clay Mitt
  • Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Clay Bar
  • Dodo Juice Born Slippy (Lube for Clay Bar & Mitt)
  • Poorboys Waffle Weave Towel
  • Carbon Collective Panel Prep Surface Cleaner
  • Silverline Silverstorm Rotary Polisher (1500W)
  • Autoglym Paint Pro System (Two-Stage Polishing Kit)
  • Carbon Collective Platinum Paint Coating
  • Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels Coating
  • Carbon Collective Platinum Glass
  • Copious amounts of Microfibre Towels

I won't go into too much detail about every step, I'll let the pictures do the talking. However, the steps were as follows:

1. Whole car was snowfoamed to begin with using CC satsuma snow foam.
  2. The body was then washed using two bucket method and CC lusso shampoo.
  3. Wheels were washed using VP Bilberry wheel cleaner and Detailing brush.
  4. Shampoo then rinsed off and not dried (kept the water on the car for use of the clay mitt).
  5. Bit of Dodo Juice Born Slippy applied whilst using the clay mitt also helped.
  6. I used the clay mitt to do one panel at a time and was rinsing each panel as I went along. I started off with using the clay mitt with a fair bit of pressure on the windows to 'break it in' before using it on the bodywork.
  7. For the wheels, exhaust and smaller, more intricate areas I used some good old fashioned clay bar.
  8. Then the car was washed again after it had all been done with the clay mitt/bar.
  9. Car was completely dried and rolled up into the garage ready to begin polishing.
  10. Door handles, badges, rear diffuser, black rubbers and plastics were all taped up in blue 3M tape to avoid being damaged.
  11. First of all tried out the Stage 2 'Refine' polish and pad on a front wing to see if it provided enough 'cut' to get out the scratches and blemishes. It didn't quite provide enough in this case so we decided to use the Stage 1 'Renovate', which was then followed with Stage 2 afterwards. This method was adopted around the whole of the car, with many areas also having to be polished by hand. The bulk of the car was machine polished though.
  12. This left an amazing finish on the paintwork, but also a lot of excess polish, so the car was rolled back outside to be washed again.
  13. Whilst my brother-in-law took the reigns on the polishing I applied a coat of CC Platinum Wheels to each of the powdercoated rays and also to the cobra backbox and tailpipes.
  14. Following this wash, after the car had been dried, all the surfaces were 'cleaned' using CC panel prep to provide the base for applying the sealants.
  15. Every piece of glass had a coating of CC Platinum Glass applied to the exterior faces.
  16. The bodywork was then covered in CC Platinum Paint, one panel at a time. Leaving a beautiful finish and protected Zed.

dc590980-5658-4feb-91b2-0852b3e6758a_zps6l25jmi4.jpg

Photo%2011-03-2015%2009%2029%2056_zpsioetjsju.jpg

_OGG2169_zpsktngyueu.jpg

_OGG2160_zpszhpxxe3t.jpg

_OGG2163_zpszzxwkzjo.jpg

_OGG2168_zpslsfq3mtl.jpg

_OGG2186_zpspdp78jd0.jpg

_OGG2182_zpsyqkqxjcw.jpg

_OGG2173_zpskoz4feds.jpg

The end result:

_OGG2213_zpskv7bpdhn.jpg

• Like 4

July 2015 - TORQEN Time:

Soooo....after many messages back-and-fourth with Adrian, we finally composed my extensive list of goodies. The next few weeks the parcels started coming in thick and fast...much to the disgust of the better half - none were for her :) she understands though - definitely a keeper!!

Many of these boxes are still left stacked up, ready for a tasty install at the start of 2016.

However, the following modifications were all fitted in the week before Trax 2015. Two very long days in a buddys workshop and I was more than happy with the results:

- TORQEN undertray

- TORQEN BBK in Anodised Silver (8-pot front, 6-pot rear)

- TORQEN R Coilovers

- Invidia Gemini Titanium Rolled-in Tips (it will become clearer at a later date as to why I've changed exhaust systems :) )

_OGG3827_zps3dtv91h9.jpg

IMG_3815_zpsrz8m1vhi.jpg

IMG_3817_zpsedwhquvb.jpg

_OGG3788_zpsnq0htxwx.jpg

_OGG3793_zps4aa4k2ji.jpg

IMG_3829_zpsybcitmcr.jpg

A few fitted pictures from Trax:

6f9b7842-5eb6-4249-9430-884edec9491a_zps8hbaltvr.jpg

_OGG3868_zpslusdbpmv.jpg

_OGG3954A_zpsvlo2sksv.jpg

_OGG3979a_zpscv2txvxs.jpg

20150719_093929_zpsoqbjftgr.jpg

_OGG3866_zpsqmggyog7.jpg

July 2015 - MOT & P3 Service Time:

It was over to the trustworthy Mitz at Cougar Store again for MOT time and a P3 service. To find out the good ol' banana arm had failed on the passenger side.

So I had to get a pair ordered along with the new bolts and cups to freshen everything up following the fitting of the coilovers. Luckily I didn't have to buy the bushes, however Mitz and I had to rummage through a box of bushes to find the one we were after :lol::p

IMG_3799_zps3h5rmvid.jpg

IMG_3798_zpst7p1j4nd.jpg

After the MOT, it was time to have the Motordyne ART V3 test pipes fitted - what an amazing piece of kit. Top notch fabrication with a bit of science behind the design - Helmholtz Resonance, a rather interesting read for anyone interested in these pipes from the guys at Super Street Online.

http://www.superstre...act-or-fiction/

2015-09-21_15-27-59_zpswlxbvnj7.jpeg

The sound from these is immense, I noticed an increase in throttle response too. Would recommend them to anybody considering a decat or HFC - they don't throw up any errors on the dash either. BONUS!

(Unfortunately, I don't have any fitted pictures but you get the idea :) )

Edited by Ogman
  • Like 1

Exhaust looks nice...but them brakes are horrible! I'm happily save you from misery and swap them for a set of nice brembos ;):lol:

Great effort man...car looks clean and mean!

:lol: :lol: :lol::p :p :p maybe one day my friend.

Thanks buddy - roll on next year :stir:

Callum, the photo shown here for the MotorDyne ART pipes it's for a v2 product. The current v3 product looks like here:

Why thank you - original post updated :) (how I didn't notice the big flat faces on the J-tubes I have no idea) :surrender:

Jaguar engineers, you can't trust them I heard! :lol: :lol:

I should be organising a group buy on these really, amazing quality and superb sound with them.

Hahaha :lol::blush:

I'll try grab a video at some point as well to capture the sound too!