Ogman's 350z: Project Kompanion

Ogman

So, in October 2013 I took ownership of my 2007 Ebisu Black Revup engine 350z with genuine Nismo factory-fitted kit.

The car was on 37k miles and came complete with the GT pack:

-Sat Nav

-Cruise Control

-Heated Black Leather Seats

-Upgraded Bose Sound System

It was a long and arduous task trying to find the zed for me, I went to look at some really, really poor examples which were made out to be ‘mint’ in the advert.

The car I ended up buying was the 8th Zed I’d been to look at across the UK, and I managed to sort out a nice little deal with the seller. I left a deposit with him and arranged to collect the car the following weekend.

I cut this short and ended up going to pick it up during the week as if I couldn’t wait until the weekend. The owner kindly left the car on 5 miles in the tank for me (what a Gent!). Me being my picky-self went straight onto my phone to find the nearest Shell garage as I wanted to start as I meant to go on.

V-POWER!

And a few pictures when I got it home and washed it the following day, in the rain :)

P1040504_zpse19ca6a7.jpg

P1040505_zps13e8932a.jpg

P1040506_zpsfceaa969.jpg

P1040501_zps0d4a8e87.jpg

P1040498_zpsd2d43ff2.jpg

P1040497_zps2d515ec5.jpg

To be continued....

• Like 4

Next up was my first experience with Mitz (Cougar Store) and a very pleasant one at that. I ordered the 12-grooved Black Diamond discs for the front; along with the BD pads and some white HEL braided brake lines.

Quick to respond to messages and had the goods sent out the following day.

IMG_7617_zpsoeho9tlj.jpg

I then left the car as it was for the winter months as I couldn't justify having any bodywork done for it to be left dirty every day, so I waited until the end of February and got the worst weather out of the way.

There was minor damage to the front bumper and one of the side skirts (fibreglass!!), so the first thing I did was take my car down to a trustworthy body shop called Addiction to Detail in Coventry.

I was proud to have the factory fitted Nismo kit so I wanted it looking perfect!

So the following work was done on the car:

-Repair and respray front bumper

-Repair and respray passenger side skirt

-Repair clear coat peel on tailgate, de-wiper and re-spray

-Respray rear bumper

-Refurb and paint Rays in custom colour (inc. 2K clearcoat)

-Plasti-dip interior door handles in satin black

-Fitted some TPI gold nuts for good measure as well

-Also fitted some black Z burgers from Asad front and rear too, as well as a black 350z badge on the tailgate

Some work in progress pictures:

IMG_7460_zpsd8dk7pyz.jpg

FullSizeRender%201_zpsr0xk3jut.jpg

IMG_7514_zpszasftptr.jpg

IMG_7515_zpsmbhqel1y.jpg

IMG_7469_zps5wjqnmdu.jpg

Edited by Ogman

Seen this at a few meets, it's honestly one of my favourites! Looking forward to the next big thing you have planned and seeing you document it (saw it mentioned in another thread but it seems to have been kept quiet here so far :surrender: )

Thanks mate - appreciate your kind words. I haven't quite caught up with all the change yet, so watch this space. A few people will be aware of what's already happened and what is coming B)

Sooo…MOT Time (July 2014)…..everything all fine and dandy…oh wait, there’s a crack in my exhaust!! Luckily it wasn’t enough to fail the MOT so I could take the car home, but it was back on the blower to Mitz again.

So, time for a resonated cobra system, including the Y-pipe upgrade. The order was placed, and the goods arrived shortly after.

In the meantime, some lovely lady who lives opposite me decided to reverse straight into the front wing of my zed! Then she even managed to claim 50/50 responsibility for ‘collision’ – let’s not go there.

Fortunately, Ewan at Clark Motorsports was on hand to provide me with a brand new genuine OEM front wing as a replacement. There was damage to the front bumper as well to add insult to injury, having only had the bumper re-sprayed less than 5 months ago, I was rather annoyed to say the least!

Back to Addiction To Detail in Coventry to have the damages repaired and the new Cobra resonated cat-back system fitted (what a lovely sound by the way).

IMG_9901_zpsgtfpla4d.jpg

IMG_9900_zpsgggw7sug.jpg

IMG_9899_zpsusb2l2p4.jpg

IMG_9905_zpsmdgiwz4y.jpg

FullSizeRender%203_zpspdnxlcyt.jpg

IMG_0025_zpsz9mht3ur.jpg

IMG_0026_zpsxxzmkbze.jpg

IMG_0023_zpsskcscdmy.jpg

December 2014:

A few months passed by with no changes as the show season had already passed before I had chance to attend any...a small update nonetheless courtesy of Chris at Tarmac Sportz.

20mm front spacers & 25mm rear spacers

FullSizeRender%204_zpsk0cgvw0b.jpg

IMG_1263_zpsphevbcoh.jpg

Couple of fitted pics - makes a world of difference, just got to close that arch gap up a little though...watch this space :D

IMG_2076_zpsbttpv2vg.jpg

IMG_2067_zps3vdr75t4.jpg

February 2015:

Picked up a JDM Rear Diffuser & Stubby (Yes - it took me over a year to buy one :lol: ) from Chris at Tarmac again.

I also purchased some 'Z' centre caps from Asad on the forum, I painted the cap the same colour as the wheels and had the 'Z' done in black to match the body.

I never got any pictures at the time, but managed to get some decent shots from the Ace Cafe meet in March...

_OGG2368_zpswv7mjf32.jpg

_OGG2365_zps5hqd4hen.jpg

Still not closed that arch gap up yet :stir: