Most unexpected question about my zed!

HEADPHONES

I had a similar, but not as bad comment the other day.

My 2003 E46 318i was parked on the road for sale, and as it was a 318i, people would walk past and say " oh it's not a 2 litre, it clearly says 1.8 on the back"

It was annoying cause I know my cars, and from what I remember, the older 318's were actually 1.9s and the 316i was a 1.8. I don't know, its late at night and I forget.

A friend of mine was talking with me about my Z, and asked what size engine it had, to which I said 3.5

He then replied with "oh it's a high spec one then? "

I forgave him cause... well... he drives a polo 1,2...... and wanted to race me some time, I humoured him and said sure....

I always like to wheel this out :teeth:

"Nice car. It's a Zonda yeah mate?".

"Err, YEAH!"

There's also a regular chap who catches me when I'm washing her. First thing he asked (before "hello, nice car") was "How much is it worth?". I told him about 7k. Every time he comes past now, "You sure it's only worth 7k? Looks more like 40k". I've had this same question 4 times now, same bloke :lol:

I think he might be a couple of ditchfinders short of matched rubber all round.

Oh that reminds me of a good one I had recently actually....

Filling up at a petrol station and this Turkish bloke pulls up next to me in a brand new Nissan micra, he was so exited about the Z it was hilarious. "wow it's a 3.5 litre, must be really fast" "such a nice car I wish i could afford one" "you must be a successful young man" etc.

His micra probably cost three times the amount of the Z, I found that pretty funny.

• Like 1

I honestly think that 90% of car buying public think engine sizes only go up to 2 litres!

back in the day you either had a 1600, 1800 or if you were really well off you had a 2 litre.

Also, 90% of the car buying public are idiots, and try and say something to appear knowledgeable!