intermittent heater blower (fixed)

kbeast35

hi all, as above my heater blower has started working intermittently, seems to only want to work once the car has warmed up and once working its fine, at first i thought it was the switch but having had a search it seems its more likely the blower motor

anyone had any experience of this themselves and how easy is it to replace the motor?

thanks in advance

Edited by kbeast35

• 3 months later...

Hi Z Fanatic,

I think I have the same problem as you , blower not coming on from cold and then comes on after what seems to be a random amount of time/miles.

Did replacing the relay cure your problem? If so where did you get a new relay from?

I've can only seems to find ones in the US.

Kind Regards,

Slyone

hi slyone, replacing the relay has solved the issue i had the exact same symptoms, for a quick fix that will get your heater working again remove the small panel between the accelerator pedal and the door you will see a small fuse box undo the two 10mm bolts above th efuse box and one 10mm below the control unit and that will give you access to behind the fuse box you will see a small blue relay the one closest to the door is for the heater if you remove this you will see another one behind it swap them over and your heater will work but you will loose the lighting for the instrument cluster and guage pods and the radio and sat nav if fitted will not work but will eventually same as the heater problem you have now but you will be warm again :teeth:

i got a second hand relay from zmanalex a trader on the forum or you could also try clark motorsport who also trade here, hope this helps and sorry for the late reply

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi.

Hope someone can give me a hand...

My 56 reg 350z roadster has developed same problem whereby heating / AC only kicks in when engine warmed up. 

Having read the thread, I'm pretty sure replacing the relay is the way to go.... however I can't find the bloody thing.

I've removed the cover down by the pedals, but can't locate any bolts by the fusebox to remove, to get to the relays as the thread suggests?

Could my relays be located in the engine compartment?

Any help (with pictures / schematics) would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!