I'm gutted but lucky to be alive

andy james

Wow that must have hurt, serious off right there. I've driven directly into a tyre wall (at a mere 30mph) and it wasn't fun, took a lot of time and money to fix the car after that. One thing it did make me realise is that having a steel chassis and panel car with a dozen airbags comes in handy some times. You'd be dead in an Elise. Give me five star EuroNCAP any day!

Ah Andy couldn't believe this when I read it, so gutted for you. I have to say yours was one of my favourite zeds on the forum, a stunning looking car that could win a concourse and yet it was driven as it was meant to be on track and hill climbs. Good on you for using it as such.

She was a beauty.

I saw the first photo and thought, thats not bad at all...... then I saw the other side. Considering you barrel rolled, you are rather lucky you didntland on the roof.

Glad you are ok though....... Find a new shell and transfer the engine (and SC :))..... perhaps my 240z ;)

Looking at the pics ... Im hoping that the interior panels / frame are ok as i would have thought that this is actually repairable. New wing door. Rear quarter and few other bits .. I really hope they can get this sorted for you .. Glad your ok

• Like 1