Rear quarter dent removal

Randy_Baton

Hi,

looking to get a dent removed from my rear 1/4 (someone dinged me in a car park and drove off). The paint is fine, the scuffs buffed out, but there are 2 dents on the wheel arch.

I've been quoted by 3 different places:

£75 for drilling a 1/2 inch whole in the door shut to access and fix but they can fix anything on the very edge of the arch

£110 for a fix that would get in to 80% fixed

£240 for a repair and paint job. I wasn't expecting to have to pay for paint!

Do any of these seem unreasonable?

IMG_2101_zpsiitg3jbj.jpg

IMG_2102_zpsrycv7xek.jpg

IMG_2105_zpsab4b59e6.jpg

Edited by Randy_Baton

Compressed air, held upside down. Its the change from hot to very cold that supposed to sort it out. Had the hair dryer on for 5 minutes

There are loads of video where it doesn't work. From watching videos last night it seems curves don't work very well. And lets not forget that the rear 1/4 is double skinned.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a rear wheel arch done for £30! It was a few years ago but it was done at Atkins (a trader on here) who were having all the cars on their forecourt done at once and I took mine in at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my 2 doors done for 45 each hey had scrapes and dings and dents great job, in fact he did the rest of the car for 240 and machine polished it, Looks ace now, that job RT did looks excellent thou