Donington -Tuesday 12th Feb! writeup+pics on page 11 onwards

sinbad

12th Feb Confirmed!

Good News, we now have a date set! :teeth:

No speed cameras! No speed limits! Long, fast straights and open, sweeping bends!

Test your skills and get your adrenaline pumping at the renowned Donington Park Track Day events.

I would advise everyone who is attending to book with Donington Park direct and once you have confirmed your booking with the track then please post up on here and i will update the the first page with confirmed next to your name.

Apologies to people who voted other days but i still hope you can make it along!! Please Please Please try and make it if you can! The more the merrier. This is my first time on track too, so dont be shy. If you want to join us, just let me know and i'll add you to the list :thumbs:

Donington Park website:

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/

List of interested parties:

Sinbad - Confirmed :teeth:

Sarnie - TBC

Zedrush - TBC

AndyC - TBC

Beavis - TBC

sl114 - TBC

Dan - TBC

Ricky - Confirmed :thumbs:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brill, Donny or Anglesey, either will do, didnt really think of Anglesey to tell you the truth, but both are just as far for me.

Sarnie - will your car pass the 98dB at donny?

Its 105dB at Anglesey. thats all.

Anglesey has both Coastal and National tracks available in Feb. Which one is best Andy?

shall we have a chat about it this sat saying as we'll all be out?

Yep, lets have a chat on Sat bout it.

Haven't been on Anglesey since its been redone (only completed this year), just quickly checked on the website, doesn't really look much like the old one. nice & lengthy now by the looks.

Suppose it depends who's defo coming nearer the time, as donny would be much easier for Liam & Jay.

Yep, lets have a chat on Sat bout it.

Haven't been on Anglesey since its been redone (only completed this year), just quickly checked on the website, doesn't really look much like the old one. nice & lengthy now by the looks.

Suppose it depends who's defo coming nearer the time, as donny would be much easier for Liam & Jay.

yeah thats what i was thinking but he may not be able to make the 98dB's

Brave boy.

Mind, an open pit lane is probably safer. In my experience people who usually go to open pit lanes generally have some sort of idea about what they're doing.

That said, it would mean you would be on the track with anybody and everybody.

I'b be up for Doninton in the new year. The Cossie has some diff issues so can't risk going to far. I'm hoping some hard driving will bed the plates in.

As for noise, my Cossie gives a static test of 105 Db's and Donington don't normally do static tests. The main sound sensor on te track is on the main straight and I've been black flagged on numerous occasions at 104 Db's or there abouts, so have learnt to just lifting off when going past. I can get through doing this then quite easily normall.

I'b be up for Doninton in the new year. The Cossie has some diff issues so can't risk going to far. I'm hoping some hard driving will bed the plates in.

As for noise, my Cossie gives a static test of 105 Db's and Donington don't normally do static tests. The main sound sensor on te track is on the main straight and I've been black flagged on numerous occasions at 104 Db's or there abouts, so have learnt to just lifting off when going past. I can get through doing this then quite easily normall.

Or there's the Lotus Kev?? ;)

I could make Anglesey, just miles away from me :blush:

Cool!

Com-mon Kev :teeth:

I'm rubbish, just got a fast car... :lol:

I need to to a test day to see if the diff settles in. I had it rebuilt before te last track day and it's now got a clutch judder type of thing going on whenever you turn. I'm hoping some use will bed the plates in. Also need to get it taxed and MOT'd.

Would Oulton park be better for everyone then?

Its closer to everyone than Anglesey and has a 105dB limit so everyone should get through ok.

Sarnie can only do Donny if he has the standard exhaust put back on and Kevs FORD's broken before it gets to Anglesey :teeth:

No, really, Id like everyone who's stated there interest to come so Oulton sounds like the best compromise. Ive no idea what the tracks like compared to others we've listed though :blush:

If anyones got any genuine, better ideas, speak now..