Delimiter

jessejk

Probably best thing is get the uprev software - but make sure any mods like HFC/Plenum etc are fitted before if you plan on doing that - Forum Traders - Horsham Developments are Reading, Abbey Motorsport Oxted so close to London can do this for you

• Like 1

You have a couple of options, but I'd suggest you need to think about whether you're going to add or mod anything on the car before you select your route -

If you're not going to modify the car any more, you can fit an HKS Defenser which is an add-on chip which will overcome the JDM limiter. Last I heard Zman had one to sell which he'd taken off a car of his. . . .

However, if you think you may modify the car with exhaust systems or a plenum spacer or other mods - then follow the UpRev route as Mudman suggested.

Note, to get the maximum benefit from these other mods, do them first and then tune the car - but it works also with Uprev it to remove the limit, and you'll see benefits straight away - if you subsequently do other mods, you can then re-tune tha car to maximise the gains each time.

I went the UpRev route, then did other changes, and each time I had her re-tuned, probably did this 4 times, I think.

I used Abbey Motorsport in Oxted and found them absolutely first class, in terms of knowledge, care and attention to the car, and customer service. (Other folks have used Horsham with glowing reports)

The biggest expense with UpRev is the licence cost for the tuning package (I think Abbey are doing a special at the moment of £400 ish for the basic tuning) but once you've done this first stage, you can go back as many times as you need after each mod you add and then you pay only for the time they spend on it, so it's more reasonable for the subsequent visits.

But - to go back to step one - buying an HKS Defenser is a cheaper route (a couple of hundred quid, iirc) if you just want the limit removed without ongoing mod & upgrade options. (If you buy the one from Alex you're also assured of first class help in explaining how to fit it etc and as it's his old one he's normally very good with fair pricing)

Very cheekily I can add, are you going to track the car? Otherwise why do you need the limiter removed?

It's a very cheeky comment, but one I feel needs to be said each time it is asked publicly.

the 350z is a sports car mate,, why wouldnt you want it de-limited, no matter what site i am on there is always someone like this who in reality is not an actual fan of driving so tyes to make everyone who is interested in driving is made to feel like a law breaker,,, the speed limit is 70mph so you best tell nissan to restrict your car to that,, sorry but fools like that wind me up!

Wow. Thanks for the massively incorrect assumption. Did that make you feel better?? I will let you know that I do enjoy driving. At the right time and place. I've driven fast cars fast and hard, Ferraris and Lotus' at Thruxton, Single Seaters at Silverstone. I know how to drive a sports car and I know how and when to rag the nuts off a car. Which is probably why I'm not as worried about throwing my sports car around in situations where it is not appropriate. And, to save time in the future, I don't agree with a 70 mile an hour speed limit on modern motorways, but that is what we have in this country and, as drivers of top end cars, we should not be flouting how fast our cars can be driven.

If that's me being a killjoy, then I guess you'll think it's a good thing I'm changing car because then you don't have to associate yourself with me. But if it's me being a realist and using the sensible part of my brain, than you can thank me when you realise how obvious your statement can appear.

MrE004

Edited by MrE004

Wow. Thanks for the massively incorrect assumption. Did that make you feel better?? I will let you know that I do enjoy driving. At the right time and place. I've driven fast cars fast and hard, Ferraris and Lotus' at Thruxton, Single Seaters at Silverstone. I know how to drive a sports car and I know how and when to rag the nuts off a car. Which is probably why I'm not as worried about throwing my sports car around in situations where it is not appropriate. And, to save time in the future, I don't agree with a 70 mile an hour speed limit on modern motorways, but that is what we have in this country and, as drivers of top end cars, we should not be flouting how fast our cars can be driven.

If that's me being a killjoy, then I guess you'll think it's a good thing I'm changing car because then you don't have to associate yourself with me. But if it's me being a realist and using the sensible part of my brain, than you can thank me when you realise how obvious your statement can appear.

MrE004

yeah yeah,, and youve never been over 70 on a uk road either,, ive heard it all before mate,, your not the only one to race single seaters either,,, but i dont act like some policeman on websites preaching to folk about de-restricting there import,, and your next post will be that you HAVE been over 70 on a uk road,,, and in your own eyes will make YOU irresponsible,do us all a favour mate and wind your nosey neck in and buy yourself a micra,, just the job,,
  • Like 2

yeah yeah,, and youve never been over 70 on a uk road either,, ive heard it all before mate,, your not the only one to race single seaters either,,, but i dont act like some policeman on websites preaching to folk about de-restricting there import,, and your next post will be that you HAVE been over 70 on a uk road,,, and in your own eyes will make YOU irresponsible,do us all a favour mate and wind your nosey neck in and buy yourself a micra,, just the job,,

Yyeah yeah,,. Aand you've never been over 70 on a ukUK road either,,. iveI've heard it all before mate,,. yourYou're not the only one to race single seaters either, but iI don't act like some policeman on websites preaching to folk about de-restricting theretheir import, and your next post will be that you HAVE been over 70 on a uk road,,,... and in your own eyes will make YOU irresponsible, do us all a favour mate and wind your nosey neck in and buy yourself a micraan Abarth,,, just the job.

Overall, I'd give a D for execution, but I'm going to guess it took a lot of effort, so that's something.

In the future, when trying to get confrontational and irrationally reactive online, please use better grammar and English.

Thank you.

MrE004

• Like 1

Yyeah yeah,,. Aand you've never been over 70 on a ukUK road either,,. iveI've heard it all before mate,,. yourYou're not the only one to race single seaters either, but iI don't act like some policeman on websites preaching to folk about de-restricting theretheir import, and your next post will be that you HAVE been over 70 on a uk road,,,... and in your own eyes will make YOU irresponsible, do us all a favour mate and wind your nosey neck in and buy yourself a micraan Abarth,,, just the job.

Overall, I'd give a D for execution, but I'm going to guess it took a lot of effort, so that's something.

In the future, when trying to get confrontational and irrationally reactive online, please use better grammar and English.

Thank you.

MrE004

what a sad sad individual who uses spell check,, personally im more into driving than grammar pal,, but then again i did grow up on a north east council estate and not some public school boy who is more interested in spelling mistakes on a sports car forum than anything else,, youve made my day pal,, now get ya spell checker out and count my mistakes while i get my 300bhp zed out and do what it was designed for,,
  • Like 1