[SOLD]19" Varrstoens & Pilot Sports 2 weeks old!!

Chris Wiltshire

Hi,

I have a set of Varrstoen ES2 19" matte black alloys complete with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.

These alloys/tyres have hardly done 100 miles and so the tyres could still do with bedding in!!

I bought the wheels from Tarmac Sportz (trader from here) and were delivered to me 2 weeks ago so these are pretty much brand new.

A very popular set up in the USA that can be seen here: http://my350z.com/fo...-thread-47.html

Still have original boxes.

Sizes;

19" 9.5j fronts ET12 fitted with 245/35/19

19" 10.5J rears ET12 fitted with 275/35/19

These really do look awesome on a zed and I'm gutted to be selling them but I've decided (while kicking myself) that these are not suited to my driving style! I am now going back to the 18" lightweight route.

£1400 collection or delivered via 24 hour courier.

IMG_20150828_225034_zpstr5dh7di.jpg

IMAG3518_1_zpslogbl5tp.jpg

IMAG3623_zps8ci66pt3.jpg

IMAG3620_zpsvh6xdmfj.jpg

wheel%203_zpsjwwh5prt.jpg

wheel%204_zpsrolevma1.jpg

wheel%201_zpst0kfvzdo.jpg

wheel%202_zpsjroqicap.jpg

Edited by Chris Wiltshire

Sure no problem, with the 19's I just felt that I had lost a bit of handling and performance due to the larger wheel compare to the 18" Rays. With the beacons on my doorstep I usually go for a good drive and I just felt that I got along with the car set up better on the 18" Rays.

Up until now I had being doing mods that would save weight and squeeze any extra hp from the car such as the MD system, ART pipes, Plenum spacer, velocity stack, UPREV etc and so now it makes sense for me to go for a light weight 18".

The traction however is amazing with the 19" pilot sports and look incredible.

I did put a post on this forum asking if anyone noticed the difference going to 19"s and the majority said that they didn't notice any difference. But I'm one of those people that any tiny little difference will bug me aha.

Im probably going for the Enkei RPF1 which is one of the lightest 18"s but don't look no where near as good as the ES2.

• Like 1

Sure no problem, with the 19's I just felt that I had lost a bit of handling and performance due to the larger wheel compare to the 18" Rays. With the beacons on my doorstep I usually go for a good drive and I just felt that I got along with the car set up better on the 18" Rays.

Up until now I had being doing mods that would save weight and squeeze any extra hp from the car such as the MD system, ART pipes, Plenum spacer, velocity stack, UPREV etc and so now it makes sense for me to go for a light weight 18".

The traction however is amazing with the 19" pilot sports and look incredible.

I did put a post on this forum asking if anyone noticed the difference going to 19"s and the majority said that they didn't notice any difference. But I'm one of those people that any tiny little difference will bug me aha.

Im probably going for the Enkei RPF1 which is one of the lightest 18"s but don't look no where near as good as the ES2.

Thanks for sharing Chris. I'm interested with 19" wheels, and these ES2 is on my wish list. I'll have to think twice again now. :thumbs: As they always say 19"s for show 18"s for performance. Unless it's 19"s LMGT4 B) GLWTS Chris.

Best thing I ever did for the Z was go for 19s and never looked back! For comfort on the road and grip on track I find them all round better than 18's.

GLWS and should you end up splitting tyres I could be interested as mine need replacing soon!

• 3 weeks later...

No offence but are these not slightly overpriced? I mean can you not get a brand new set from Tarmac for £1200 and then for some mpss you would be looking at £600 from tyre leader.

GLWTS but I just think you might have to drop the price a bit to get them to shift.

MPSS from tyre leader are £656

Fitting & balancing costed £70

Rims from Tarmac £1200

Total £1926

Saving of £326 which I think is reasonable?

Trouble is resale value is like a car when removed from showroom, plummets even though it's in the same standard. It's the brand new price tag.

Someone will pay what you're asking, it's just finding that one person, they could be 6 months away.

Your sale, your terms.

Edited by cascade88

Trouble is resale value is like a car when removed from showroom, plummets even though it's in the same standard. It's the brand new price tag.

Someone will pay what you're asking, it's just finding that one person, they could be 6 months away.

Your sale, your terms.

+1 to this guy. You're selling them at a bargain 'brand new' price, but these are still second hand.

As said though, there maybe that one person who's wanting to buy new and they'll take these straight off you. Personally wouldn't pay anymore than £1300 for second hand wheels, no matter how 'new' they were

Edited by Mikey Thompson

I think he is selling them at very good price. If somebody looking for that kind of wheels - they will get a bargain.

Yea, they might be second hand...but they have no marks or anything...so what difference does it make to you? They will look 100% the same if you buy brand new ones... But with these you're saving yourself few hundred quid!

I understand if they had marks or something - then yes, drop price a bit.

You saving yourself money and hussle, as you don't have to take them to a garage to get fitted and balanced and possibly damaged. And you won't fit them all in the zed (4 wheels and 4 tyres separately), so will have to

Use another car or ask your mates = even more hussle.

• Like 2

I think he is selling them at very good price. If somebody looking for that kind of wheels - they will get a bargain.

Yea, they might be second hand...but they have no marks or anything...so what difference does it make to you? They will look 100% the same if you buy brand new ones... But with these you're saving yourself few hundred quid!

I understand if they had marks or something - then yes, drop price a bit.

You saving yourself money and hassle, as you don't have to take them to a garage to get fitted and balanced and possibly damaged. And you won't fit them all in the zed (4 wheels and 4 tyres separately), so will have to

Use another car or ask your mates = even more hassle.

Fixed - Grammar Police on scene!

I agree with the above, although there's something about owning something brand new that I just can't explain. I'd be (foolishly) tempted to spend the extra few hundred just so I knew they were brand new and still 'in the box'.

If somebody looking for that kind of wheels, they will get a bargain.

The short and tall of any for sale add imho and if you were considering buying this exact set new, why wouldnt anyone want to save some money.

Personally wouldn't pay anymore than £1300 for second hand wheels

So if you were about to shell out for this exact wheel and tyre set up brand new you woulnt save yourself £"x" which is a good chunk of cash?

• Like 3