Bad news :(

Alex350z

Hello all, basically yesterday an elderly woman came across into my lane (apparently she didnt see me) and caught the rear quarter of my zed with her wing. We have gone through insurance and she has admitted liability so its all getting paid for and wont affect my insurance which is some good news at least!

Most annoying part is im going to the ring on the 10th of September and i doubt it will be repaired by then :(

Please tell me its repairable? Surely its a whole new rear quarter panel?

Some pictures before and after a polish....

IMG_2284_1.jpg

IMG_2288_1.jpg

After a polish

IMG_2298_1.jpg

Im gutted to say the least

Cheers :)

Hi Alex, no need for a quarter replacement. PM me or call on 07704155514 to discuss some options 😎

Taras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately ive got to go through one of my insurances approved repairers, thanks though :)

Hi Alex, no need for a quarter replacement. PM me or call on 07704155514 to discuss some options ������

Taras.

Unfortunately ive got to go through one of my insurances approved repairers, thanks though :)

You can nominate your own repairer with insurance claims & I can highly recommend doing this to ensure you get a proper repair

• Like 3

Hi Alex, no need for a quarter replacement. PM me or call on 07704155514 to discuss some options ������

Taras.

You can nominate your own repairer with insurance claims & I can highly recommend doing this to ensure you get a proper repair

I did ask this, they said only if its me claiming from my own insurance. As its from a third party i have to use an approved one.

Taras.

I did ask this, they said only if its me claiming from my own insurance. As its from a third party i have to use an approved one.

Regardless of who's fault it is you are legally allowed to nominate your own repairer. They feed you all this as they have agreements with their approved repairers so that they earn more money out of the claim

• Like 3

Taras.

Regardless of who's fault it is you are legally allowed to nominate your own repairer. They feed you all this as they have agreements with their approved repairers so that they earn more money out of the claim

I named a few, but was told i couldnt use them. Ill ask again when they ring me back.

You do have the right to use your preferred choice whether third party or fully comp. I was reading Aviva and Esure small print, in which add an extra £200 to your existing excess amount, should you go elsewhere to deter customers

moving away from their approved repairer. Well wrong. Your damages are well repairable buddy, and hope you get sorted without too many problems. :)

Hi mate approved means nothing I just came past a car cleaning place and it said Professionals :lol: it was some dodgy crew by the looks of them but it made me smile who says they are professional, same as approved, it may mean that it's the biggest discount to the insurance company suits approved, your car you should be able to go to your own choice of garage, :thumbs:

Hi mate approved means nothing I just came past a car cleaning place and it said Professionals :lol: it was some dodgy crew by the looks of them but it made me smile who says they are professional, same as approved, it may mean that it's the biggest discount to the insurance company suits approved, your car you should be able to go to your own choice of garage, :thumbs:

Its all arranged now though, hopefully they are decent. The work is guaranteed for 3 years so if im not happy ill make sure it gets done correctly :)

After someone went into me on the motorway and took out the complete passenger side of my 2013 Mondeo, it went to an "Approved" repairer. So far its been back three times, 2nd time they had to respray the whole side of the car as the colour match was totally out. Still fighting with them 18months on for them to sort the back door.

I was of the impression that these days, as its your car, your money, its your decision who repairs it?

If mine had'nt of been a lease car, I would of dug my heals in and had it taken to where I know it would be a good job. Honest bud, "Approved" means sweet FA......stick to your guns, its your baby.

Better to sort it now and get it somewhere known to be good than have months of wrangling and hassle.

Of course it may be fine, but approved usually means they've given the insurer the cheapest price and will bodge it out as quickly and cheaply as possible.

After someone went into me on the motorway and took out the complete passenger side of my 2013 Mondeo, it went to an "Approved" repairer. So far its been back three times, 2nd time they had to respray the whole side of the car as the colour match was totally out. Still fighting with them 18months on for them to sort the back door.

Sounds very similar to what happened to my wifes hot hatch.

Was repaired by the insurance companies "approved" repairer and we sent that back 3 times. The first time it came back, the colour was completely the wrong colour, and there was a check list of about 30 items which I wasnt happy with. Including that they hadnt actually replaced the damaged radiator & grill etc.. Really obvious things.

Also, more seriously, the engine management light was on after the repair when it wasnt before. Firstly they diagnosed it as the coil pack and the insurance company wouldnt cover that. They said it was a consumable and it was a co-incidence that it had gone at the same time as the accident. Then after we forked out & replaced that, the light was still on and it transpired that the head gasket had actually gone whilst it was at the bodyshop. Quite how I dont know. Likewise, the insurance company wouldnt cover that as they said that was also classed as a consumable and it was another co-incidence that it had gone whilst it was with the bodyshop.

In the end we never got anywhere so we sold the car as spares or repair as the estimates we were getting to replace the headgasket were about £1400 and the car was only worth about £1750.