Import problems

dodgeyviper

I have an 03 import 350Z. over the last year i have been having problems with the Brakes. The rear calipers have been seizing causing the rear discs to warp. twice this has had me free up the calipers and skim the discs. However this is now the third time. Its bad enough that there is now feedback through the brake pedal. I guess what i would like to know is if the import brake setup can be replaced by euro parts. If not any recommendations would be welcome. Thankyou for your time.

I was having problems with my disks (lots of vibration under heavy braking) and putting in a new set of EBC grooved brake disks has made the world of difference.

I was considering new callipers before, now it feels like I stop on a dime, wish I'd changed them ages ago. Based on how the brakes feel now I think that the original disks just weren't up to much.

I haven't noticed any seizing from my rear callipers though so your milage may vary.

Edited by Ardesco
  • Like 1

Refurb the calipers fully? (not sure if thats what you meant by freeing up the calipers) Either that or as people said get brembos although used sets go for well over £500 from what I have seen.

I have a car with 20 year old brakes on it, calipers have been fully refurbished including seals and pistons and they work absolutely fine.

• Like 1