Bodybuilding.

TT350

• 5 weeks later...

are we still hitting the gym or what ?

good gains to be made over the festive period :stir:    :lol:

been about 3 months now without time off gym for me,so a few days off around Christmas will be good for a nice recovery 

• 3 months later...

Sorry Valy. Didn't see your post.

I've been off more than on. Due to cancer in 2016/2017 and recurring hypokalemia, my body is not what it once was.

I did have a good 6 week stint where I kept going 5 days a week and dieted but, I didn't really make any gains. I think I lowered my calories too much. 5 years ago I could cut fat on 1800 calories and still gain muscle. Now, having calories too low seems to stop both goals. 

3300 is my daily maintenance at my activity level. So I think if I drop to 2300 calories I'll lose 2 ibs of fat and by keeping protein high, I should maintain and even add muscle. 

It's like, you hear of women eating 1000 calories a day and complaining they don't look any different after a month. They've just lost muscle and water due to the crisis mode the body goes into.

On the flip side, if I want to add mass I'll only need to add 500 calories a day.

Cut on 2300

Bulk on 3800

2300 is decent, I can enjoy some food with that.

After my last bout of hypokalemia, I was really so weak it messes with my mind. I used to be able to bench 60kg dumbels. There I was down to 12kg dumbels!!

Summer is hopefully coming and I'd like to be in better shape for t shirts.

How is everyone else?

• 9 months later...

Holy thread revival, Bat Man. 

No updates in my hiatus?

I had a lengthy lay off the gym. I did however lose a lot of weight in my previous job, as I walked 20km per day 5 days a week. 

I'm wanting to renew my gym membership and just lift weights. 

My new job is a 50 minute walk away/3 miles at a very brisk pace. I walk to work and back so, that's an hour and forty minutes cardio and the gym is inbetween work and home. Walk there, lift weights, walk home. I'll walk TO work before any food, which is then fasted cardio. I know that for me, fasted cardio really works. 

Summer/university is my motivation. So I will be starting preperation in plenty of time. I don't want to feel at all self conscious about being out of shape. I just want to totally nail this year, so I want to be focused at the tasks in hand. 

So any updates, guys?

ohh shooootttt forgot about this thread on here :lol:

Yeah,still going strong dude :bangin:,in between a flu and other restrictions :stretcher:,finally reached a target of 100kg bodyweight,now need to maintain here and replace any fat with muscle mass :teeth: 

biggest challenge is still getting all those meals in :headhurt:

Nope, still the same for me, not enough spare time to hit the gym. Throughout all of 2018 I was unable to workout as my builder took over my garage to store all his building materials whilst the house was being extended. (i have my own gym in the garage). The builder subsequently did a runner, so ive spent the last 6 months spending all my spare time finishing off the house extension myself. So, weighing myself just before Christmas ive lost about 2 stone and weigh the same now as I did when I was 16. Its quite de-motivating, as all those t-shirts & shirts which were skin tight and I needed to buy bigger are now hanging off me like a sack of potatoes, and my jeans are falling down. I went to another wedding a couple of months back and the first thing people said to me was "wow, you have lost a lot of weight", which was quite demotivating after all the hard work it had taken to put some size on.

Even my butcher is getting worried, as I used to buy £50 of meat off him every week and now I spend hardly anything.

I am hoping to get some workouts in this year, but its even harder now as the wife bought a dog, which I have to spend 30mins in the morning & 30mins at night walking. Thats an hour I didnt have spare in the first place, but an hour i could have used working out. I could leave the dog, but if I didnt walk him he`d never get a walk and just ends up p!ssing all over my living room, which I then have to clean up.

On 08/01/2019 at 11:26, rabbitstew said:

Nope, still the same for me, not enough spare time to hit the gym. Throughout all of 2018 I was unable to workout as my builder took over my garage to store all his building materials whilst the house was being extended. (i have my own gym in the garage). The builder subsequently did a runner, so ive spent the last 6 months spending all my spare time finishing off the house extension myself. So, weighing myself just before Christmas ive lost about 2 stone and weigh the same now as I did when I was 16. Its quite de-motivating, as all those t-shirts & shirts which were skin tight and I needed to buy bigger are now hanging off me like a sack of potatoes, and my jeans are falling down. I went to another wedding a couple of months back and the first thing people said to me was "wow, you have lost a lot of weight", which was quite demotivating after all the hard work it had taken to put some size on.

Even my butcher is getting worried, as I used to buy £50 of meat off him every week and now I spend hardly anything.

I am hoping to get some workouts in this year, but its even harder now as the wife bought a dog, which I have to spend 30mins in the morning & 30mins at night walking. Thats an hour I didnt have spare in the first place, but an hour i could have used working out. I could leave the dog, but if I didnt walk him he`d never get a walk and just ends up p!ssing all over my living room, which I then have to clean up.

You still having a bumpy ride of it, mate?