Bodybuilding.

TT350

I'm travelling 8-9 miles to a new gym I've signed up to (Bodyworks in Tottenham). Well worth the journey though as the place is just a motivational haven! So much equipment that you never have to wait for a machine or looking for plates. Only grip is that there's so many dumbbells, that they're mis-matched and some in KG and some in LB. Oh...and it's 24hrs, men only, and has a kitchen with their chef prepping fresh meals for post workout munchies :teeth:

I'm travelling 8-9 miles to a new gym I've signed up to (Bodyworks in Tottenham). Well worth the journey though as the place is just a motivational haven! So much equipment that you never have to wait for a machine or looking for plates. Only grip is that there's so many dumbbells, that they're mis-matched and some in KG and some in LB. Oh...and it's 24hrs, men only, and has a kitchen with their chef prepping fresh meals for post workout munchies :teeth:

wow now that sounds like a proper gym...wish there was one like this in my town :blush:

That does sound awesome. All it needs is some beds and a racetrack out back :thumbs:

Im back in gym today after 4 weeks out and losing a stone. **** my body i lose everything so fast. Torn ligaments and a dodgy sprain to my ankle aint helped.

I home train and started back up on Sunday after 10/12 days off over Christmas, ...it's such BS though as I was struggling to lift some of the weights I was before my Christmas rest so had to drop some Kg's off (5kg was the most & at least 1kg off the rest). :thumbdown:

It's such a motivational killer for me as I train 3 days every week but see slow progress only to be put back massively just for having a week or so off. Is that just me or do some of the rest of you find this happening after a rest period?

Still weigh the same as I did before Christmas but just feel like I've lost some muscle tone & strength.

My lifts seem to go up after taking a break of a few weeks... And I don't mean after a few days training... The very first day back... I'm just a freak of nature :lol:

Or maybe I don't get enough rest / recovery and the time off really helps?

I've found over the years learning about the nutritional side of building muscle that people who aren't gaining muscle just aren't eating enough, although to them, they're eating all day and to the point of nausea.

Weight gainers can help. And anything that boosts your appetite.

Which makes it even more weird that my lifts go up after a break as this is when my diet goes to shite and I skip meals due to lack of routine.

Yeah. It's quite an individual thing and obviously NOT training because your lifts go up after a rest period, is not an answer.

They do say that for natural lifters that taking a week off now and then is beneficial.

This is the way anabolics are very advantageous over natural lifting.

The basic way they work is by letting your body use more protein etc and healing you quicker and better.

You lift weights, micro tears in your muscles occur. You need to to recover from that and you need to eat accordingly and rest plenty. A 3 day split is ideal for natural lifters.

On gear, lifters can work out 5 days on the trot and still recover especially if diet and rest is spot on. Arnie claims to have had only one day off and he has admitted to taking gear. I'm going to say he took 30mg of Dianabol a day as he's mentioned that gear in those doses and back then their doctors were 'treating' them with it.

Dianabol is very good at adding mass but it's slightly liver toxic in high doses. Most oral 'roids are.

So yeah, a temporary rest will do you good.

My lifts seem to go up after taking a break of a few weeks... And I don't mean after a few days training... The very first day back... I'm just a freak of nature :lol:

Or maybe I don't get enough rest / recovery and the time off really helps?

I must be a freak as well. Back in Gym yesterday thinking that I would have lost strength but 'easily' lifted more than usual and no aches or pains today.

Usually try to train 3 to 4 times a week, normal diet and no 'extras'.

Not really trying to bodybuild as such, I can't eat enough, just trying to maintain a reasonable body shape and weight as I get older (mid 50's).

I managed to get a few good workouts in over the Christmas period. Not as many as I wanted but better than nothing. Was able to up the weights on a lot of the exercises and really pushed it hard. Watching "100% nasty" a few times over the Xmas period helped with the motivation.

Really made the most of all the Christmas grub & drink etc. although I think I actually probably ate less than I normally do when im at work.

Normally I dont notice any improvements when I look in the mirror, but this morning I happened to notice that I was looking pretty hench so weighed myself and ive put on 3lb, so pretty pleased with that. Means over 2016 I put on a total of 7lb. A lot less than I was aiming for, but still a step in the right direction.

Before Xmas I weighed around 86kg...weighed myself this morning and I've dropped to 82.2kg somehow!

I trained when I could over Xmas, managed to squeeze in 3 or 4 days, but just did moderate to keep the muscle memory and the joints moving.

Still ate what I wanted, didn't hold back.

Looks like my leptin levels must have spiked!

As of last weekend, i weighed in at 108.3kg, so that's 1kg a week lost, mirror wise it does seem mostly from bodyfat, seem to be getting leaning, vascularity is showing through a lot more, haven't seemed to have lost much mass. Losing strength, but that's to be expected, should be hopefully levelling out around 80% of my max.

Will still lift heavy and big as that's the way my body seems to respond. And i'm only bridging till my next cycle which will start on the 16th, just met with a few mates who run a meal prep business and a another who runs an MMA gym, will be getting the right nutrition out of my meals and then getting beasted twice a week for 28 minutes of HIIT.

Did any of you struggle when first starting to squat? I can deadlift, OHP, etc., but squats just feel so unnatural! If I try to focus on hamstrings rather than quads it feels like I'm going to fall backwards. And because I seem to be doing them in a 'quad dominant' way, one of my knees is killing me, even with light weights :(. Really demotivating!

Haha! Chirag that gym sounds like abs-olute gym in thurrock! But everything is brand new. Wicked gym and has chef etc.. even give you pre workout and post workout shakes too!!

I just googled it and the place looks awesome! But the membership price reflects it too! I paid £265 for the whole year, and Ab-Salute is £360/year. Both gyms are same distance from me just in opposite directions. Have you been to Ab Salute? Does it get busy? I'm gonna stick with Bodyworks this year and see how I get on...

• Like 1

I used to train in Bodyworks in Tottenham now i am at Muscle Works Stoke newington both similar (hardcore gym) i just know most the guys in muscle works and it is a better atmosphere

Muscleworks does look good too, I've been to the one in Enfield a few times as my cousin trains there, but not the Stoke Newington one. Enfield has a MASSIVE legs area!

I just find the atmosphere at Bodyworks really motivating - love that hardcore environment - just pushes you to train your @rse off!

Haha! Chirag that gym sounds like abs-olute gym in thurrock! But everything is brand new. Wicked gym and has chef etc.. even give you pre workout and post workout shakes too!!

I just googled it and the place looks awesome! But the membership price reflects it too! I paid £265 for the whole year, and Ab-Salute is £360/year. Both gyms are same distance from me just in opposite directions. Have you been to Ab Salute? Does it get busy? I'm gonna stick with Bodyworks this year and see how I get on...

Been there loads. Never had to weight (badum tsh) for a machine or weights at all. Because its out the way its not like a normal gym where 6pm is cant move around time lol. But yeah i normally just pay the £5 entry fee. I thought it was only 40 a month which i dont think is bad at all my uni one is 39 a month! My cousin was 1 of the first 20 to sign up so pays £25 a month!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...