Bodybuilding.

TT350

drinking 1l of chocolate milk a day and cut out the 3-4 chocolate bars i used to eat lol!!

I thought it was only my wife who did that!!!

Totally addicted to chocolate! lol but have stopped, although i had a belgian waffle yesterday in westfields at lunch with bananas nuts cream and milk chocolate on :lol: but thats my first cheat in 2 weeks!

Chocolates ny weakness too. I could easily eat a bar of Cadburys a day, just limit myself to the one on Saturday's :(

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

drinking 1l of chocolate milk a day and cut out the 3-4 chocolate bars i used to eat lol!!

Totally addicted to chocolate! lol but have stopped, although i had a belgian waffle yesterday in westfields at lunch with bananas nuts cream and milk chocolate on :lol: but thats my first cheat in 2 weeks!

Chocolates ny weakness too. I could easily eat a bar of Cadburys a day, just limit myself to the one on Saturday's :(

1 a day? Try 2-3 with ease. Big size ones too lol

Ive just started using an app called Jefit to keep track of all my workouts. Dunno why I didnt consider using an app before, as its much better than scribbling everything down in various notebooks - all my sets/reps/weights etc.

Anyway, been keeping up with the workouts over the last few months, although ive noticed ive not been able to increase the weights much, if any, and ive not seemed to have the same intensity that I had back in Jan. Im also feeling totally shattered all the time and recovery seems to be taking forever. I think its my current workout routine which isnt helping. Basically ive had no time during the week to workout, so ive been cramming a whole weeks worth of workouts into the weekend, which leaves me on Monday virtually unable to get out of bed as im so knackered and aching. When I can spread the workouts out during the week and have more rest time between them I make more progress.

This next few weeks im going to try and workout every other day, although working out at 8.30 at night after work when your shattered is a bit of a struggle. I also need to review again what supplements are out there to see what can help give me energy & make me recover quicker!

Unless you're on gear I think the whole week of workouts in a weekend will be taking you backwards mate.

Rest is key. You're asking too much of your body and CNS in one sitting.

Definitely over-taxing your body there mate and that's why you're not seeing much progress and feeling so tired. It will eventually make you lose motivation as all you'll feel is tiredness and no improvement and will result in stopping altogether.

If you want to do a 3-day split have you looked at Push-Pull-Legs? So every other day in the week and you're done. I was doing 2 days on 1 day rest, then two days on again with weekend rest afterwards. During that I hit Push twice, once at the beginning and one at the end only because I needed to hit them more to get them to grow.

Check it out and might be something that works for you?

1 a day? Try 2-3 with ease. Big size ones too lol

Oh wow lol, I thought you meant the smaller ones. Yh that is bad :lol:

I'm making some pretty good progress considering I'm a train wreck of a person with knee and arm injuries going on. It's not stopping me hitting my leg day though! Just got to make sure the majority of my day is spent posterior loading, but even then I suffer a little bit that evening when training clients etc. Maybe some growth will help with the recovery!

The only real let down is my upper traps - nothing I do seems to make them grow!

Definitely over-taxing your body there mate and that's why you're not seeing much progress and feeling so tired. It will eventually make you lose motivation as all you'll feel is tiredness and no improvement and will result in stopping altogether.

If you want to do a 3-day split have you looked at Push-Pull-Legs? So every other day in the week and you're done. I was doing 2 days on 1 day rest, then two days on again with weekend rest afterwards. During that I hit Push twice, once at the beginning and one at the end only because I needed to hit them more to get them to grow.

Yeah thats what i figured. Tbh when i do a 3 day split I usually do push-pull-legs but also throw a 4th workout in just for arms & shoulders.

What im going to try for the next month or so though is doing opposing muscles in the same workout. I know Arnie used to rave about it. So i`ll superset back/chest one day, then biceps/triceps another and then probably do legs & shoulders on a 3rd day. Ive not tried this before as I figured id not probably have the energy to do a heavy chest & back workout at the same time, but we shall see how it goes. Doesnt hurt to try something different for a while.

• Like 1

Yeah thats what i figured. Tbh when i do a 3 day split I usually do push-pull-legs but also throw a 4th workout in just for arms & shoulders.

What im going to try for the next month or so though is doing opposing muscles in the same workout. I know Arnie used to rave about it. So i`ll superset back/chest one day, then biceps/triceps another and then probably do legs & shoulders on a 3rd day. Ive not tried this before as I figured id not probably have the energy to do a heavy chest & back workout at the same time, but we shall see how it goes. Doesnt hurt to try something different for a while.

Opposites work well too, however the only change I'd advise to that is do arms and shoulders together and give legs a day for themselves as they're a MASSIVE muscle group. I tried shoulders and legs together and its longgggggg and very tiring!

• Like 1

If I was doing a 3 day split I'd go

Chest/arms

Shoulders/back

Legs.

Also I have really found amino acids before, during and after workout, beneficial.

Shoulders nice and achey today.

Regarding growing traps - upright row? heavy barbel shrugs on Smith machine? Lateral raises?

for the last 6-8 months, i've not taken any supps. no vits or anything at all! i think thats whats stopping me getting bigger!

Supps help. But no replacement for good calories! Daily diet example?

Edited by TT350

for the last 6-8 months, i've not taken any supps. no vits or anything at all! i think thats whats stopping me getting bigger!

Supps help. But no replacement for good calories! Daily diet example?

Very true. Since I increased my calories and sorted my diet out a bit better I made some great progress over last year.

• Like 1

chest and back same as biceps and triceps is a great way to mix it up,I do this quite often when I need a change from my usual routine and works great...the flush you are getting is really good :rolleyes:

btw any of you attending Bodypower in May...we can have a mini zed convoy there LOL :teeth:

I would love to but can't this year!

I went couple of years ago and got a photo with Ronnie Coleman though :teeth:

My ex was there that year, she sent me a random text out of the blue asking if I knew someone called Ronnie Coleman whose into bodybuilding. :lol: I was like "errr.. yeah of course, everyone knows him" and it transpired she was working on a stand near where he was.

• Like 2

I sometimes like to make it so that it works the muscles that are used directly and indirectly. Maybe once every 8 weeks I'll do this using supersets.

Chest/triceps

Back/biceps

Shoulders

Legs.

Considering doing a set of very heavy leg press every day to get my legs up to par. Or maybe leg press, then next day squats, then next day hyperextensions, then ham curls then finish off on Friday with calf raises.

All really heavy. All out for 20 reps.

btw any of you attending Bodypower in May...we can have a mini zed convoy there LOL :teeth:

I would love to but can't this year!

I went couple of years ago and got a photo with Ronnie Coleman though :teeth:

My ex was there that year, she sent me a random text out of the blue asking if I knew someone called Ronnie Coleman whose into bodybuilding. :lol: I was like "errr.. yeah of course, everyone knows him" and it transpired she was working on a stand near where he was.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Buuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Light weight baby!!!

• Like 2

If I was doing a 3 day split I'd go

Chest/arms

Shoulders/back

Legs.

Also I have really found amino acids before, during and after workout, beneficial.

Shoulders nice and achey today.

Regarding growing traps - upright row? heavy barbel shrugs on Smith machine? Lateral raises?

Traps still won't grow!!