My Zed Adventure

Alex350z

Hello all, wanted to start a thread to keep track of progress on my 350z, i cant promise anything out of the ordinary but hopefully it will be a fun read for some!

So, here she is when i bought her on Saturday, 6th of June 2015.

IMG_1959.jpg

Its an 05 GT model and had 97700 miles on the clock when i bought it, but with only one previous owner and full service history it looked like a good one.

First thing i did was take it home and give it a good clean as it had been sitting in the dealers lock up for a few months. I also had the gearbox, diff and engine oil changed.

IMG_1998.jpg

After having a good look underneath i noticed there was quite a bit of surface rust about so i took the W shaped brace off and gave it a rub down and a coat of hammerite. Its far from perfect but should slow the rust down!

As you can see, a fair bit of surface rust!

IMG_2051.jpg

After a rub down and a nice thick coat of hammerite :)

IMG_2067.jpg

Next i gave the engine bay a clean up, this included: changing the belts, respraying the throttle body, respraying the strut brace mounts, painting the heads of all the old rusty bolts and of course a visit to Mopedmark to get my plenum blinged! :D

I also fitted an earthing kit from horsham developments.

Before

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

After!

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

And a few pictures of the in between.

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

I loved the sound of the standard exhaust the moment i pulled off on a test drive before i bought it, but it wasnt quite loud enough! I decided to have the centre silencer cut out and a straight bit of stainless steel pipe welded in.

It made it a lot louder and a lot more raspy! You can see here what i had done ( and no its not still for sale :) )

IMG_2114.jpg

Mandatory video :)

After having it like this for a few weeks i decided it wasnt for me as i wanted the deep V6 growl back. After doing a fair bit of research and spending hours on youtube listening to other peoples cars i decided to go for a resonated cobra system (backbox and centre pipe) with the plan of upgrading the cats and pipe at a later date

IMG_2112.jpg

In the quest for more power i booked it it at horshams for an uprev map, before doing this i fitted: new spark plugs, a new HKS panel filter, a horsham developments plenum spacer and obviously the cobra exhaust.Being a 10 year old car and having done over 100k miles at this point i expected it to have lost a few horses. I was shocked to say the least.

IMG_2167.jpg

Edited by Alex350z

Recently i have fitted a new slave cylinder, changed the sidelights to some much brighter LED's and had it detailed! :)

New slave cylinder - along with this i bled the clutch and changed the fluid. Feels a lot more like a clutch should now :yahoo:

That being said its still on the original clutch so a new clutch and flywheel are quite high on the list.

IMG_2214.jpg

Before and after side lights

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

And pictures of the detail i had done :)

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

Edited by Alex350z

Ordered this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-SPEED-NEO-CHROME-MANUAL-SHIFT-KNOB-FOR-2003-2009-NISSAN-350Z-FAIRLADY-GT-Z33-/191125627390?hash=item2c7ff9a1fe

Ive always loved Neo chrome so saw it and bought it straight away. Will probably look tacky and stand out like a sore thumb but it definitely adds to the japanese feel! ;)