Not quite an owner yet...

...but keen to become one. Hi all.

I've lusted after a zed for a good 2 or 3 years now, but circumstances (and indecision!) have conspired against me getting one. Now, however, I hope I'm pretty close. I've test-driven a couple already and have another lined up. Will be sure to post when the big day comes. :)

Incidentally, anyone interested in a Cooper S - one owner from new. Would certainly smooth my progression to zed ownership... ;-)

http://pistonheads.com/sales/288509.htm

No harm asking, eh? :)

Mal.

So how did today go Mal :)

D'oh! Really need to pay attention to people asking questions... :blush:

It was good. The owner took me out for a good run in it and... well... showed off its dynamic abilities, shall we say. Also gave me a shot at driving, but to be honest, I was just making sure everything felt in good nick, which it did. I didn't need to hoon it.

While I managed to forget to check some things (even with a checklist in my hand, dammit!), the car seemed sound on the whole. Just the odd stone-chip, well-worn tyres, and a ding or two from a neighbouring car's door being opened carelessly. But then, even my Mini's got that (I swear I could murder one of my old neighbours).

Speaking of which, I tried selling the Mini on Ebay, but it didn't reach my reserve. And despite ridiculously good value on Pistonheads (now at 7250), it still hasn't gone. Tomorrow, however, it'll be going to one of a couple of local dealers who've made an offer. Knowing I'm virtually giving it away hurts, but I don't want to miss out on this Zed.

Mal.

Welcome aboard, Mal! :thumbs:

Nice MCS. Were you on MINI2?

Cheers! :) And yes, I was on Mini2.com. Still got the URL stuck in the back window, in fact (can't shift the bugger!). Went on about 5 or 6 of the meets, plus a couple of trackdays and various karting events. Did we meet or something? I don't remember the moniker, but then my memory's not my greatest asset... :-/

Mal.

• 2 weeks later...