V1H

Project: WeaponiZed

157 posts in this topic

V1H    69
On 10/16/2017 at 15:36, HaydnH said:

Ooooh I love the burnt titanium look... may be they want to create an extra one for my 350! Not even sure they've started on mine yet. :(

Yeah, I'm afraid you'll be after me, after all :(

But much will have been learned from me as guinea pig. H-Dev will be "flying" through your install :lol:

V1H    69

When Craig bolted on the downpipes, they touched the underfloor. They will have to be cut and re-welded to slightly correct their angle, not ideal being ceramic coated but the only way. AAM used a test rig to align exhaust parts, which may have introduced some variability.

The fuel line routed past the turbo housing within a few cm, which H-Dev fortunately identified as a disaster waiting to happen, and thus, added a thermal barrier blanket, bolted to the chassis side wall.

260.jpg261.jpg

This photo shows the boost solenoid of my GReddy EBC kit. It is being mounted centrally behind the plenum such that the vacuum lines are of identical length and as short as possible.

262.jpg

The downpipes adjustment is the last major mod and the remainder will be finishing work, electronics, CMC and such.

nissanman312    1,299
1 hour ago, V1H said:

When Craig bolted on the downpipes, they touched the underfloor. They will have to be cut and re-welded to slightly correct their angle, not ideal being ceramic coated but the only way. AAM used a test rig to align exhaust parts, which may have introduced some variability.

The fuel line routed past the turbo housing within a few cm, which H-Dev fortunately identified as a disaster waiting to happen, and thus, added a thermal barrier blanket, bolted to the chassis side wall.

260.jpg261.jpg

This photo shows the boost solenoid of my GReddy EBC kit. It is being mounted centrally behind the plenum such that the vacuum lines are of identical length and as short as possible.

262.jpg

The downpipes adjustment is the last major mod and the remainder will be finishing work, electronics, CMC and such.

Awesome build 

I had mine out for a spin earlier and it felt so quick... this is going to be somthing else 

V1H    69
10 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Awesome build 

I had mine out for a spin earlier and it felt so quick... this is going to be somthing else 

Hehe yeah, I can imagine. I still remember when John took me for a spin in his Stillen S/C Z. It was so much quicker than mine. In hindsight, the S/C route would've been absolutely sufficient and much simpler/cheaper :p

I'm waiting to be 'killed' by the installation bill from H-Dev :lol: I reckon £4k+.

nissanman312    1,299
52 minutes ago, V1H said:

Hehe yeah, I can imagine. I still remember when John took me for a spin in his Stillen S/C Z. It was so much quicker than mine. In hindsight, the S/C route would've been absolutely sufficient and much simpler/cheaper :p

I'm waiting to be 'killed' by the installation bill from H-Dev :lol: I reckon £4k+.

Yeah it's not with out it's issues but is a bit cheaper (kinder on car ) I hope 

But you will have one awesome one off car 

Just don't do what so many others have done and sell it soon after lol

Can't wait to have a look at it one day 

V1H    69
On 10/18/2017 at 09:54, nissanman312 said:

Yeah it's not with out it's issues but is a bit cheaper (kinder on car ) I hope 

But you will have one awesome one off car 

Just don't do what so many others have done and sell it soon after lol

Can't wait to have a look at it one day 

No worries, it's a keeper. Would never recoup the costs ;)

• Like 2