Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

8 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Well just had my RHD AAM TT 370Z dyno'd.

Results really poor for me.

340whp

7psi

E85

12°Timing

Remote/flash tune

Thinking I should get a proper dyno tune.

Do you know how much timing is in your build?

That dosnt sound right get that thing custom tunned by somone 

1 hour ago, nissanman312 said:

That dosnt sound right get that thing custom tunned by somone 

Yeah definitely cannot be rite.

The thing that makes me sad, is that it was remote tuned by Sebastian of SpecialtyZ. He is known as the 370Z god in the tuning world.

Now I am very unimpressed with that  result (only 90hp more than stock) I will just go get a proper dyno tune lol!

3 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Yeah definitely cannot be rite.

The thing that makes me sad, is that it was remote tuned by Sebastian of SpecialtyZ. He is known as the 370Z god in the tuning world.

Now I am very unimpressed with that  result (only 90hp more than stock) I will just go get a proper dyno tune lol!

Oh ok what did he think you should see ?

Ok well he got back to me. He said it is a very conservative tune and if we want we can add pwr.

Wonder why we stopped there in the first place??

So I asked if we can continue to add pwr without comprimising too much safety and reliability of the motor. Will see what he says what he gets back to me.

Another tuner looked at the ecutek log i sent him, and he said I was only on 8° timing and on my setup I should be around atleast 16°.

I think to get it making more power and safely you would need to spend a lot of time back and forth with files 

So maybe that what it needs 

Why don't you speak to jezz at Horsham who tunned renne and I'm sure he would be able to get you running like him as his just done his?  

Just a thought 

12 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I think to get it making more power and safely you would need to spend a lot of time back and forth with files 

So maybe that what it needs 

Why don't you speak to jezz at Horsham who tunned renne and I'm sure he would be able to get you running like him as his just done his?  

Just a thought 

Thats a possibility yeah, but if I was going to get another tuner I would probably go local dyno this time.

My current remote tuner has tuned 100+ TT 370Z, so he would have his reasons to go super conservative on me, like Ekona said maybe because it's done remotely and he can't hear/see the car in person. I don't knows lol

But yeah, 340whp is not worth the investment I put into the car, so I definitely want to get more power added one way or another. :)

10 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Thats a possibility yeah, but if I was going to get another tuner I would probably go local dyno this time.

My current remote tuner has tuned 100+ TT 370Z, so he would have his reasons to go super conservative on me, like Ekona said maybe because it's done remotely and he can't hear/see the car in person. I don't knows lol

But yeah, 340whp is not worth the investment I put into the car, so I definitely want to get more power added one way or another. :)

I agree, at 7 psi you should see another 100bhp on top of your current result. I dont know my timing, but i know I have a very safe (rich) A/F. As u see from my torque plot, it drops quite steeply in the upper rpm range. I’m guessing Jez pulled my timing there to completely eliminate knock. (Very conservative tune). AAM actually recommend disabling knock and ignoring mild knock up top. But that was a no-go for Jez :lol:

Either way, definitely go get a proper local tune. I reckon, Sebastian will have (blindly) added a huge safety marging in timing and/or fuel maps.

Edited by V1H

2 hours ago, V1H said:

I agree, at 7 psi you should see another 100bhp on top of your current result. I dont know my timing, but i know I have a very safe (rich) A/F. As u see from my torque plot, it drops quite steeply in the upper rpm range. I’m guessing Jez pulled my timing there to completely eliminate knock. (Very conservative tune). AAM actually recommend disabling knock and ignoring mild knock up top. But that was a no-go for Jez :lol:

Either way, definitely go get a proper local tune. I reckon, Sebastian will have (blindly) added a huge safety marging in timing and/or fuel maps.

Yeah and if it's that rich it will just be bore washing for fun surley ?

On 07/11/2018 at 22:28, shadow85 said:

Hey V1H, wre you getting any boost creep issues?

I have just started to experience boost creep again recently. It was fine for the past 3 weeks and then it just started happening out of no where :(

How do you notice boost creep?

My boost does droop as rpm rise (see below dyno plot), but it has been doing so from day 1. I understand this might be normal but also read it can be due to slightly too soft WG actuator spring load but has nothing to do with a boost leak.

BHP-Bar(Lo-Hi).jpg

When I observe my Boost gauge I can confirm my boost decreases from 0.44bar @3500 to 0.33bar @7000 (I'm driving on the green Low-Boost setting) but this behaviour is stable.

Edited by V1H

Boost creep does the opposite. The boost will cotinually rise up past the set the target as RPM increases, it can rise upto dangerous values where AFR will lean out.

For example, for the past few weeks my boost has been pretty stable sitting around 7-9.9 psi max.

But just recently it started playing up and goin much past the usual reading of 7-9.9psi.

It reached 14 psi with just 4500rpm. If I kept the throttle down the boost would have gone higher.

Not sure why this started happening but will hopefully have it sorted out soon. :(

Edited by shadow85

4 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Boost creep does the opposite. The boost will cotinually rise up past the set the target as RPM increases, it can rise upto dangerous values where AFR will lean out.

For example, for the past few weeks my boost has been pretty stable sitting around 7-9.9 psi max.

But just recently it started playing up and goin much past the usual reading of 7-9.9psi.

It reached 14 psi with just 4500rpm. If I kept the throttle down the boost would have gone higher.

Not sure why this started happening but will hopefully have it sorted out soon. :(

What controls the boost?  Wastegstes 

On 11/11/2018 at 03:57, shadow85 said:

Wow, 14 psi that is risky high! :scare: Would quickly make your motor pop.

Either the WG goes south, or maybe, you have a leak in the vacuum hose so the BCSV doesn't apply enough vacuum to open the WG?

Ok found the issue. Vaccum line melted closed from heat when it was on the dyno. Got it replaced with braided lines, won't melt anymore lol.

But now another issue, damaged front right wheel because I punched the pedal in 3rd at low speed and it threw me into the curb very quickly. :(

yeah, it was my fault for being a dick head...

Fml lol

On 16/11/2018 at 14:26, shadow85 said:

Ok found the issue. Vaccum line melted closed from heat when it was on the dyno. Got it replaced with braided lines, won't melt anymore lol.

But now another issue, damaged front right wheel because I punched the pedal in 3rd at low speed and it threw me into the curb very quickly. :(

yeah, it was my fault for being a dick head...

Fml lol

Haha, the savage torque of a 370Z TwinTurbo can be uncontrollable in 3rd.. i know  :lol:

Hey V1H, your dyno graph above, that is WHP yeah?

Its pretty good numbers, I wonder why my dyno read out was so low.

But then again my tuner told me I am using a Safe Map and pointed out that I can switch to MAP 2 via the cruise control buttons, and that will offer me more aggressive timing, and hence more power. I have yet to try this.

2 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Hey V1H, your dyno graph above, that is WHP yeah?

Its pretty good numbers, I wonder why my dyno read out was so low.

But then again my tuner told me I am using a Safe Map and pointed out that I can switch to MAP 2 via the cruise control buttons, and that will offer me more aggressive timing, and hence more power. I have yet to try this.

Pretty sure that's flywheel on that dyno dude 

On 11/10/2018 at 13:02, V1H said:

A couple weeks ago I fitted new exhaust tips (Audi RS oval style) but the original cutouts on my rear bumper weren't quite big enough for them.

After some consideration I opted for the most work intensive but most striking solution: Chop of parts of the bumper and fit a home-made rear diffusor! (I always fancied a rear diffusor on my amuse bumper but there is no available aftermarket solution) In addition, such diffusor ought to allow a better view onto my Helmholz Resonators, I reckoned B)

With much dedication and ample time spent on details, I think I did a good job, but see for yourself :blush:

Oh.. while I was at it, I also rebuilt my front splitters/skid pads. All powder coated in Candy Red to match my wing mirrors :)

First I cut away large parts of the rear bumper (red lines)

Diffusor cutouts

Then I used cardboard cutouts to design mock-up diffusor blades until I was happy with the shapes. Here my left mask (digital)

Diffusor Mask

Now I bought tough 3mm alu sheets and cut out the shapes...

Diffusor cutouts

.. and bent them until everything fitted perfectly. I fabricated diffusor mounting points from metal (sorry, not shown) and attached them to my bumper with fibre glass mats and resin (Halfords body repair kit).

Diffusor test fit

I drilled holes in the according places and countersunk them, as I wanted to use black countersunk hex strews for a flush neat look, and sanded the surfaces, ready for painting

(Additionally shown are the new front splitters)

Bent diffusor

I sent them off for powder coating (Thanks @Jonnymonno for help :wave:)

Coated Diffusor

… And the finished product:

Rear Diffusor (3)

Rear Diffusor 2

Skid pads 1

Skid Pads 2

How are these holding up for you? Tempted to give it a try myself, though I'll need to find some tools @V1H