Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

On 18/08/2018 at 09:12, shadow85 said:

Well done bro.

I have a question, do you know what the stock wastegate pressure is on these turboz when they come from AAM?

Because my build is complete and tuned, but my freshly installed EBC is saying I am hitting around 10-11.2psi in 3rd gear even when the EBC is switched off. I thought that is a bit too high from factory.

My installer does not like test driving my 370Z TT on the road anymore, because he said they cannot put any power down to the ground in 1-3rd gear and he almost killed himself the other day in it because it just did not want to stay straight when he was testing WOT.

These turboz are fantastic though. I hit 610nm in 3rd gear!

I read it somewhere but forgot. Maybe @Adrian@TORQEN remembers.

I just read the EFR Turbo Tech Brief and found that our wastegate actuators come in three canister sizes, simply called "low", "medium"and "high boost".  If I remember correctly, my AAM TT kit came shipped with the "low boost" option where WG cracks open at <10psi. (Medium=10-15psi, High=20-30psi).
I am so thrilled for your massive 610Nm!! Mine also makes 590Nm at 3krpm and it spun stock rubber in 3rd (or in 4th on damp road). So, yes, it is scary to test drive it hard :lol: 
Upgrade to Michelin PS4S a.s.a.p!

Edited by V1H

@Adrian@TORQEN was so incredibly kind to sponsor me a little sweet gift, the gorgeous Torqen Engine bay Titanium bolts kit [#TRQ-Z34TIB]

The kit includes 40 bolts/nuts/washers made of 6AL-4V Grade 5 Titanium, gold colour finished. Total weight is 193.3 g (1/3 weight saving over stock). The Titanium fasteners also feel a lot harder and stiffer. Once tight, there is so much less flex felt in the wrench/ratchet than tightening steel fasteners!

BEAUTIFUL :in_love:

Here photos after the install:

Engine%20Bay%20Gold.JPG

TQ-Ti_1.JPG

TQ-Ti_2.JPG

TQ-Ti_3.JPG

TQ-Ti_4.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A couple weeks ago I fitted new exhaust tips (Audi RS oval style) but the original cutouts on my rear bumper weren't quite big enough for them.

After some consideration I opted for the most work intensive but most striking solution: Chop of parts of the bumper and fit a home-made rear diffusor! (I always fancied a rear diffusor on my amuse bumper but there is no available aftermarket solution) In addition, such diffusor ought to allow a better view onto my Helmholz Resonators, I reckoned B)

With much dedication and ample time spent on details, I think I did a good job, but see for yourself :blush:

Oh.. while I was at it, I also rebuilt my front splitters/skid pads. All powder coated in Candy Red to match my wing mirrors :)

First I cut away large parts of the rear bumper (red lines)

Diffusor cutouts

Then I used cardboard cutouts to design mock-up diffusor blades until I was happy with the shapes. Here my left mask (digital)

Diffusor Mask

Now I bought tough 3mm alu sheets and cut out the shapes...

Diffusor cutouts

.. and bent them until everything fitted perfectly. I fabricated diffusor mounting points from metal (sorry, not shown) and attached them to my bumper with fibre glass mats and resin (Halfords body repair kit).

Diffusor test fit

I drilled holes in the according places and countersunk them, as I wanted to use black countersunk hex strews for a flush neat look, and sanded the surfaces, ready for painting

(Additionally shown are the new front splitters)

Bent diffusor

I sent them off for powder coating (Thanks @Jonnymonno for help :wave:)

Coated Diffusor

… And the finished product:

Rear Diffusor (3)

Rear Diffusor 2

Skid pads 1

Skid Pads 2

Edited by V1H
  • Like 7

Thanks guys!

Here another little update, I just turned my seat belts into bright red colour. I LOVE the new look of them :)

I uninstalled the factory belts (left) and sent them to Jason @JW Auto Trim. He swapped the belts for red ones and returned them very quickly (right):

Seat belts

Reinstalled, looking like this:

Red seat belts

Edited by V1H
  • Like 2

Last thing I am contemplating doing before winter is vinyl wrapping my roof in black. Here is an animated GIF simulation. Any comments whether it's a good idea?

Black roof wrap

Edited by V1H
  • Like 2

On 20/10/2018 at 13:54, V1H said:

Last thing I am contemplating doing before winter is vinyl wrapping my roof in black. Here is an animated GIF simulation. Any comments whether it's a good idea?

Black roof wrap

Personally I’d leave it white, but it’s not my car. If you like it go for it :thumbs:

• Like 1