Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

On 28/02/2018 at 18:02, parello9 said:

Like it but not feeling the green brakes now lol

On 28/02/2018 at 18:26, teejay said:

Think the brakes would look good the same colour as the mirrors

I know, I know :lol:

My dream brake kit is the Torqen Monster or Xtreme Big Brake Kit in red anodised finish (AN2) to match the mirrors.

But I haven't got the money for it and won't for another 2 yrs, I'm afraid.

370z-torqen-big-brake-kit.jpg

Edited by V1H

On 02/03/2018 at 10:01, shadow85 said:

Hey V1H,

did H-DEV relocate the intakes to the front of the car? I can't seem to tell from the pics.

H-Dev had to raise them higher up but they're still sitting - somewhat unfortunately - inside the engine bay. See this photo.Intakes.jpg

Edited by V1H

2 hours ago, V1H said:

H-Dev had to raise them higher up but they're still sitting - somewhat unfortunately - inside the engine bay. See this photo.Intakes.jpg

Ah OK, I can see clearly now. 

Did you discuss with them or did they mention anything at all about relocating the intakes to the front bumper or anywhere else out of the bay?

Ah OK, I can see clearly now. 

Did you discuss with them or did they mention anything at all about relocating the intakes to the front bumper or anywhere else out of the bay?

Yes, it could be custom option in the future. But we left it like this for the time being to get the install finished at long last. I can see how the intake pipes extend to either side down into the spaces in front of the wheel well. On the driver side, the washer reservoir would need relocating, though.

Edited by V1H

1 hour ago, V1H said:

Yes, it could be custom option in the future. But we left it like this for the time being to get the install finished at long last. I can see how the intake pipes extend to either side down into the spaces in front of the wheel well. On the driver side, the washer reservoir would need relocating, though.

Any idea what iat you see with the filters in that location ?

4 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Any idea what iat you see with the filters in that location ?

I don't have IAT numbers I'm afraid

Edited by V1H

14 hours ago, V1H said:

I don't know if the reservoir needs to be relocated. Check out the pics below, they were sent to me by another AAM TT customer who relocated the intakes to that area in the front bumper.

received_10102914117248043.jpg

received_10102914117263013.jpg

But what I don't get, is how they managed to put the intake through the plastic radiator shroud next to that reservoir.

My workshop looked at that part and said if they cut a hole in that plastic radiator support shroud then the radiator will be held on very loosly.

May have to ask that member again, how they managed it.

Edited by shadow85

15 minutes ago, shadow85 said:

I don't know if the reservoir needs to be relocated. Check out the pics below, they were sent to me by another AAM TT customer who relocated the intakes to that area in the front bumper.

received_10102914117248043.jpg

received_10102914117263013.jpg

But what I don't get, is how they managed to put the intake through the plastic radiator shroud next to that reservoir.

My workshop looked at that part and said if they cut a hole in that plastic radiator support shroud then the radiator will be held on very loosly.

May have to ask that member again, how they managed it.

Are you fitting this kit also ?

10 hours ago, shadow85 said:

[...]

Thx for the pictures. Will keep this option in mind.

2 hours ago, V1H said:

Thx for the pictures. Will keep this option in mind.

No problem budd.

But I have a feeling it may be more difficult for us RHD drive owner's to do. Well atleast on my Z, there is a big plastic radiator shroud that would have to be cut or moving/relocating the large reservoir tank and putting the intake there.

Here is a pic of my Z with that area blocked.

Studio_20180302_185816.jpg

For some reason, the guy from America did not have this issue, he told me there was no plastic shroud in the way. I don't know why, maybe different year model Z or it is different on LHD Zs. :dry:

3 hours ago, shadow85 said:

No problem budd.

But I have a feeling it may be more difficult for us RHD drive owner's to do. Well atleast on my Z, there is a big plastic radiator shroud that would have to be cut or moving/relocating the large reservoir tank and putting the intake there.

Here is a pic of my Z with that area blocked.

Studio_20180302_185816.jpg

For some reason, the guy from America did not have this issue, he told me there was no plastic shroud in the way. I don't know why, maybe different year model Z or it is different on LHD Zs. :dry:

Yes, mine looks like yours, so I'd have then same plastic in the way.:dry:

14 hours ago, V1H said:

Yes, mine looks like yours, so I'd have then same plastic in the way.:dry:

Well I was just having a chat to AAM Comp. and they told me that the stock intake filter location is completly fine, and that they have built 800whp+ Zs like that.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 06:19, V1H said:

When Craig bolted on the downpipes, they touched the underfloor. They will have to be cut and re-welded to slightly correct their angle, not ideal being ceramic coated but the only way. AAM used a test rig to align exhaust parts, which may have introduced some variability.

The fuel line routed past the turbo housing within a few cm, which H-Dev fortunately identified as a disaster waiting to happen, and thus, added a thermal barrier blanket, bolted to the chassis side wall.

260.jpg261.jpg

Hey bro, we also have this problem, downpipe touching the underfloor. They had to remove it for re-angle to clear the floor. Same situation for me, not ideal because of ceramic coating, but has to be done amd then re-coated. Such a PITA lol :

Studio_20180316_194330.jpg

And, also unfortunately my Fast Intentions 3" TT exhaust system did not bolt up to the down pipes. We have to modify the down pipes aswell to extend onto the exhaust system, I guess Fast Intentions and AAM do not like each other lol

FB_IMG_1521191556732.jpg

Unfortunately an oil line for the external front-mounted oil cooler burst a large leak, 2 days ago. I rolled the car back into the garage to jack it up and remove the bumper/undertray to locate the fault. The car will be immobile for the time being :surrender:

It's a mysterious thing that such steel-braided line with extra protective sleeving would fail some 15cm away from the connector, at a seeminlgy random spot...

Because it is way too expensive to haul the car to H-Dev (£300-400) I will have to try repair the leak myself; it's a crazy tight maze of hoses and pipes under there. Most difficult part will be sourcing a replacement pipe. Bought it in 2014 from Z1 Motorsports, USA. I've had troubling experiences with them in the past...

Leak_1.JPG

Leak_2.JPG

39 minutes ago, V1H said:

Unfortunately an oil line for the external front-mounted oil cooler burst a large leak, 2 days ago. I rolled the car back into the garage to jack it up and remove the bumper/undertray to locate the fault. The car will be immobile for the time being :surrender:

It's a mysterious thing that such steel-braided line with extra protective sleeving would fail some 15cm away from the connector, at a seeminlgy random spot...

Because it is way too expensive to haul the car to H-Dev (£300-400) I will have to try repair the leak myself; it's a crazy tight maze of hoses and pipes under there. Most difficult part will be sourcing a replacement pipe. Bought it in 2014 from Z1 Motorsports, USA. I've had troubling experiences with them in the past...

Leak_1.JPG

Leak_2.JPG

Dude you can get those hoses made up lots of places my pal makes all his own 

Panic not :thumbs:

Looks like it's up against the roll bar to me is say the bar flexing has knackered the crimp on the fitting 

My want to look at taking it around another route 

Edited by nissanman312

On 23/03/2018 at 10:19, nissanman312 said:

Dude you can get those hoses made up lots of places my pal makes all his own 

Panic not :thumbs:

Looks like it's up against the roll bar to me is say the bar flexing has knackered the crimp on the fitting 

My want to look at taking it around another route 

No that only seems so. The clearance of the oil line is plenty all around. There is not the slightest sign of it ever being touched by anything. The leak is about 15cm further up the hose. Anyways, I have the hose halfway uninstalled. Gonna ship it to H-Dev for them to make me a copy and send it back to me. The installation is simple enough. It's just my notorious lack of time for anything but work and Neo :blush:
Well, I'll fix it before the Japfest meet in May ;) 

Edited by V1H

On 24/03/2018 at 22:49, nissanman312 said:

Looked close to me hence the ruber around it?  

Might just be the picture 

Glad you're getting it sorted:thumbs:

The leak is coming from above it, better seen on this little video clip

Edited by V1H