Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

On 10/16/2017 at 15:36, HaydnH said:

Ooooh I love the burnt titanium look... may be they want to create an extra one for my 350! Not even sure they've started on mine yet. :(

Yeah, I'm afraid you'll be after me, after all :(

But much will have been learned from me as guinea pig. H-Dev will be "flying" through your install :lol:

When Craig bolted on the downpipes, they touched the underfloor. They will have to be cut and re-welded to slightly correct their angle, not ideal being ceramic coated but the only way. AAM used a test rig to align exhaust parts, which may have introduced some variability.

The fuel line routed past the turbo housing within a few cm, which H-Dev fortunately identified as a disaster waiting to happen, and thus, added a thermal barrier blanket, bolted to the chassis side wall.

260.jpg261.jpg

This photo shows the boost solenoid of my GReddy EBC kit. It is being mounted centrally behind the plenum such that the vacuum lines are of identical length and as short as possible.

262.jpg

The downpipes adjustment is the last major mod and the remainder will be finishing work, electronics, CMC and such.

EDIT:

Craig managed to fix the exhaust misalignment without the need to cut and modify the downpipes. Instead, he customised the shape of the primaries, which have no ceramic coating. Therefore, a much better solution. I'm not entirely sure how the issue of the DP touching the car's underside has been resolved, but it has been. Here you see the (somewhat odd) shape of the primaries:

205.jpg

Edited by V1H

1 hour ago, V1H said:

When Craig bolted on the downpipes, they touched the underfloor. They will have to be cut and re-welded to slightly correct their angle, not ideal being ceramic coated but the only way. AAM used a test rig to align exhaust parts, which may have introduced some variability.

The fuel line routed past the turbo housing within a few cm, which H-Dev fortunately identified as a disaster waiting to happen, and thus, added a thermal barrier blanket, bolted to the chassis side wall.

260.jpg261.jpg

This photo shows the boost solenoid of my GReddy EBC kit. It is being mounted centrally behind the plenum such that the vacuum lines are of identical length and as short as possible.

262.jpg

The downpipes adjustment is the last major mod and the remainder will be finishing work, electronics, CMC and such.

Awesome build 

I had mine out for a spin earlier and it felt so quick... this is going to be somthing else 

10 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Awesome build 

I had mine out for a spin earlier and it felt so quick... this is going to be somthing else 

Hehe yeah, I can imagine. I still remember when John took me for a spin in his Stillen S/C Z. It was so much quicker than mine. In hindsight, the S/C route would've been absolutely sufficient and much simpler/cheaper :p

I'm waiting to be 'killed' by the installation bill from H-Dev :lol: I reckon £4k+.

52 minutes ago, V1H said:

Hehe yeah, I can imagine. I still remember when John took me for a spin in his Stillen S/C Z. It was so much quicker than mine. In hindsight, the S/C route would've been absolutely sufficient and much simpler/cheaper :p

I'm waiting to be 'killed' by the installation bill from H-Dev :lol: I reckon £4k+.

Yeah it's not with out it's issues but is a bit cheaper (kinder on car ) I hope 

But you will have one awesome one off car 

Just don't do what so many others have done and sell it soon after lol

Can't wait to have a look at it one day 

On 10/18/2017 at 09:54, nissanman312 said:

Yeah it's not with out it's issues but is a bit cheaper (kinder on car ) I hope 

But you will have one awesome one off car 

Just don't do what so many others have done and sell it soon after lol

Can't wait to have a look at it one day 

No worries, it's a keeper. Would never recoup the costs ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Exhaust made to fit and done, all AAM install done.

Car starts and runs, checking for leaks now and over the engine after a full heat cycle.

Half of the MIL-Spec plug done, too.

Will soon be dyno ready!

MIL-Spec plug.JPG

Edited by V1H

On 11/3/2017 at 22:15, nissanman312 said:

What's that plug for ?

Please refer to my previous post #126 ;)

She's alive!
The install is now completed, first leak checks passed. The car is idling happily.

ECU mapping could potentially start later today, or very soon, as Jez is again giving Tuning training all week.

270.jpg

VIDEO: http://www.prelude.myzen.co.uk/370Z/Temp/270.mp4
(Not sure how to embed a video w/o the need to first host it on youtube)

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

At the end of last week the car was on the dyno twice, and made 500 bhp at 8 psi.

8 psi was originally my self-imposed upper boost limit to retain reliability and longevity. Jez agreed with me to leave it at that for the time being. So that's probably what it's gonna be.

A mild tune of 500 bhp that would be plenty for daily driving IMHO. I am quite happy with that achievement B)

I will hear more, and get a dyno sheet, once everything is finished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have encountered a final hurdle, which may only concern me with my Amuse kit. The front bumper was about to be reinstalled. But the Amuse bumper with its curved under-tray interferes with the lower boost pipes. Below photos show the issues on the passender (left) and driver side (right)

280.jpg

In order not to stress the fibre glass bumper, H-Dev will modify the under-tray to give enough clearance for the pipes. The raised black sections need to be remoulded and lowered slightly. This should give an OEM-like professional look.

281.jpg

On 15/11/2017 at 08:03, V1H said:

At the end of last week the car was on the dyno twice, and made 500 bhp at 8 psi.

8 psi was originally my self-imposed upper boost limit to retain reliability and longevity. Jez agreed with me to leave it at that for the time being. So that's probably what it's gonna be.

A mild tune of 500 bhp that would be plenty for daily driving IMHO. I am quite happy with that achievement B)

I will hear more, and get a dyno sheet, once everything is finished.

We need to get together one day for a blast out 

We'll drag John out as well  :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2017 at 13:25, nissanman312 said:

Is the car back with you yet mate 

No m8, Adrian was seeing it at H-Dev on Friday and made a picture of my 'modified' front bumper (hardly noticable, prfessionally done), so that's the final hurdle behind us. It can now only be a couple of days still. The H-Dev badge is gonna go into the engine bay, and road test drive needs to be performed.

5152.JPG

5155.jpg

5171.JPG

Edited by V1H

12 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Better budget some sticky rubber in then:thumbs:

Already planned! :)

I just had my brand new rims delivered last Friday: 20" BC Forged RS45 in Chrome Black (F: 9.5J  R:11.0J)

which I am planning to dress with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (F:265/35  R:305/30)

RS45_2.jpg

• Like 3