Project: WeaponiZed

V1H

I know, about highest time ;)

The engine came out last Friday

TTinstall_1.jpg

Recommended by the guys, they are also gonna install me a military spec bulkhead feed-through by Glenair to tidy up my currently 18 or so extra individual wires going into my engine bay (from added DRLs, AEM UEGO, Boost Controller, etc.). So far H-Dev impresses me with a professional approach.

Glenair.jpg

Edited by V1H

• 2 weeks later...

The turbos and injectors are installed now :p

Easy to see the Zircotec black ceramic coated turbos, manifolds and downpipe.

Passenger side:

TTinstall_p.JPG

Driver side. Ahoy Craig!

TTinstall_d.JPG

Edited by V1H

With the charge pipes added, it looks a bit like a fierce cyborg kraken from Rise if the Machines :lol:

TTinstall_2.jpg

TTinstall_3.jpg

TTinstall_4.jpg

Also now got parts of my PCV-to-VTA system.

Ordered these OCCs from Radium Engineering [#20-0008] through Ardian@TORQEN. They are very expensive but after some research on oil catch cans I opted for these properly designed ones. FYI, good alternatives are Mishimoto, Saikou Michi and 42 Draft Designs. Don't do Ebay.

Radium OCC

Edited by V1H

On 8/8/2017 at 22:12, nissanman312 said:

Looking good Rennie (René)

Man it would be tempting to build that lump once it had come out that far ..but I suppose that is even more cash where dose it stop 

Yes, I know, so tempting. But it'd add another couple grant that I just don't have to spare these days. Still, it should make more than enough power for long-lasting fun ;)

59 minutes ago, V1H said:

Yes, I know, so tempting. But it'd add another couple grant that I just don't have to spare these days. Still, it should make more than enough power for long-lasting fun ;)

Yeah for sure 

Great build can't wait to see it in the flesh one day 

38 minutes ago, parello9 said:

So what happened with the 350z they were doing too? is it in there with yours?

You mean HaydnH's 350Z HR. it's being installed by Adrian & Co, not H-Dev.

3 weeks into the install, there is still going to be at least another 2 weeks before completion, I reckon. Atm, H-Dev and I are waiting for AAM to fabricate me a new pair of cat'ed downpipes with better HCFs. 

The reason behind it is that my original pair of downpipes, purchased 2 yrs ago as part of the original AAM LHD kit, had 400cell ceramic cats in them. Later, as part of the RHD kit development, AAM replaced my right downpipe with a modified one but gave it a 200cell ceramic cat. Jez@H-Dev was quick to point out that they should be the same, really. I also checked on the HCF manufacturer webpage that the ceramic cat is not suitable for forced induction, even though AAM told me they've been using this cat w/o issues.

Long story short, AAM now agreed to fabricate me 2 new dowpipes with upgraded turbo-approved metallic 200cell HFCs [Magnaflow #59959]. :teeth:

Once the downpipes have been shipped they'll need to go again to ZircoTec for ceramic coating. Unfortunately, it'll be my 2nd time to coat the left and 3rd time to coat the right downpipe. Sigh...

Edited by V1H

Being experienced and having a keep eye, H-Dev is going the extra mile and has now modified my crank sensor and added a heat shield as it was way too close to the turbo:

TTinstall_5.jpg

They also recommended fabricating heat shields in two more areas around the exh manifolds, which are close to plastic parts:

TTinstall_6.jpg

TTinstall_7.jpg

PS: the new pair of HFC downpipes is already on the way. AAM were very quick at making them :)

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

The engine setup needed some tweaking for it to seat nicely in engine bay without any chafing problems. It's fitted now, together with the FMIC and piping

ded5e1f9c6c52c48180fcc7ab0f5b32c.jpg

ca3048d11e79ca3a5717aa66d3bdaa02.jpg

Oil cooler setup may need some fabrication due to access for the intercooler pipes and oil return pipes from turbo.

After that, the fuel return system will be finalized and onto all vacuum plumbing and wiring.

So there is still a bit to do but it is progressing nicely and Craig and Co are doing a terrific job

Edited by V1H

• 1 month later...

Update on the TT install:

My external oil cooler setup needed to be modified, the hoses caused interference, new fittings have now been made. The standard cooler lines for the OEM oil filter had to be rerouted and repalced. It's all very busy now down there. Real estate is very rare everywhere:

158.jpg

163.jpg

Oil system setup for the TT is complete. Pictures of the turbos. The downpipes will be fitted at the very end; the engine was already out and in 3 times.

168.jpg

Completed Fuel Return System with bigger pump and the necessary Venturi mod and all inside the tank.

189.jpg

190.jpg

At the moment, H-Dev are having a problem getting the passenger Turbo intake pipe fitted. The A/C piping and compressor hard lines leave no physical way of routing the intake pipe to the Turbo. New A/C pipes may have to be fabricated but H-Dev is contacting AAM first.

178.jpg

After that:

- boost controller

- new CSC + CMC and bleeding (the Clutch and flywheel have already been installed)

- refitting all electrics (incl fitting bulkhead connector through firewall)

- installing PCV system upgrades, incl. two OCCs and stealthy VTA setup

H-Dev came up with a solution to the intakes, which meant to change and TIG weld the air con hard pipe, as well as, the power steering piping at the pump side to accomodate the modified intake setup for the turbos. The setup supplied just doesn't fit.

200.jpg202.jpg

The intakes will be sitting at new locations, as below picture shows. The intake charge will be warmer than at the original location. That'll be good for now to get the project going. A full CAI setup will require a lot of fabrication and could be an option for the future.

203.jpg

Edited by V1H
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, V1H said:

H-Dev came up with a solution to the intakes, which meant to change and TIG weld the air con hard pipe to change the intake setup for the turbos. The setup supplied just doesn't fit. The power steering piping at the pump side had to also be adjust and fabricate to allow it all to fit.

200.jpg

The intakes will be sitting at new locations, as below mock-up shows. The intake charge will be warmer than at the original location. That'll be good for now to get the project going. A full CAI setup will require a lot of fabrication and could be an option for the future.

201.jpg

is this  another right hand drive 

Issue 

3 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

is this  another right hand drive 

Issue 

Yes, unfortunately. The US and UK 370Z models appear to differ more than one would have thought.

Engine bay looks badass tho! :thumbs:

Thx, Nino :)

Craig put back all bits onto the engine, looking nearly final now.

Unfortunately, there's so little space now everywhere that he wasn't able to fit my expensive Radium Engineering dual OCCs :cry:

The PCV upgrade has thus been fitted as supplied by the AAM kit (stock-like closed system but with brass check valves)

204.jpg

The downpipes are now being heat-wrapped (in addition to their ceramic coatings) and go back on, too.

Meanwhile, Phil is going to fabricate a nice little engine loom cover from aluminium with an H-Dev badge on it. Should look similar to the 350Z EVO-R titanium cover. I can tell, the H-Dev team is proud of their work, rightly so :lol:

badge.jpg

Edited by V1H
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, V1H said:

Unfortunately, there's so little space now everywhere that he wasn't able to fit my expensive Radium Engineering dual OCCs :cry:

The PCV upgrade has thus been fitted as supplied by the AAM kit (stock-like closed system but with brass check valves)

204.jpg

The downpipes are now being heat-wrapped (in addition to their ceramic coatings) and go back on, too.

Meanwhile, Phil is going to fabricate a nice little engine loom cover from aluminium with an H-Dev badge on it. Should look similar to the 350Z EVO-R titanium cover. I can tell, the H-Dev team is proud of their work, rightly so :lol:

badge.jpg

It will pay them to put the name on that build B)

On 13/10/2017 at 08:56, V1H said:

204.jpg

badge.jpg

Ooooh I love the burnt titanium look... may be they want to create an extra one for my 350! Not even sure they've started on mine yet. :(